Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Lol, Captain Krakoa will be revealed as villain at the end of issue 7 and then defeated in next issue right before soft relaunch of #1 issue of a new arc with Larraz after Wolverine event.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-21-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    While there has been an X-Men member named X-Man, Marvel's mutant super-team has never really had an ultra-patriotic flagbearer akin to Captain America until the similarly-named Captain Krakoa. The publisher has described Captain Krakoa as "a new hero," but it appears he could have some connection to the new brooding villain Doctor Stasis, who has been appearing recently in the X-Men book.

That being said, it isn't out of the question that this could also be Cyclops in disguise; decades ago Cyclops took on the criminal identity of Erik the Red to infiltrate Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and was able to quickly rise within the ranks to become the second in command. That tactic sounds a bit like what could be at play here with Captain Krakoa, doesn't it?
    He did gain about 40 pounds of muscle mass when he was Erik the Red (LOL) so maybe. But, infiltrating your own group seems kind of stupid.

BANNED

Now that mutantkind has their own nation, a new nationalistic hero has emerged - and he'll be replacing Cyclops as leader of the X-Men.

After revealing him to the public in September, Marvel has confirmed that Captain Krakoa "takes charge of the X-Men" in January 2022's X-Men #7 - even replacing team leader Cyclops, as seen in series artist Pepe Larraz's cover to the issue.

This apparent leadership change comes just months after Cyclops stepped down from Krakoa's leadership structure to focus exclusively on being the leader of the X-Men.

While there has been an X-Men member named X-Man, Marvel's mutant super-team has never really had an ultra-patriotic flagbearer akin to Captain America until the similarly-named Captain Krakoa. The publisher has described Captain Krakoa as "a new hero," but it appears he could have some connection to the new brooding villain Doctor Stasis, who has been appearing recently in the X-Men book.

That being said, it isn't out of the question that this could also be Cyclops in disguise; decades ago Cyclops took on the criminal identity of Erik the Red to infiltrate Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and was able to quickly rise within the ranks to become the second in command. That tactic sounds a bit like what could be at play here with Captain Krakoa, doesn't it?

A third option might be staring us in the face - what if Captain Krakoa is Krakoa? In addition to being the island the mutants are living on, Krakoa is a sentient mutant being - one which Professor X and Cypher have been experimenting, cultivating, and training to expand its consciousness to the point that it has manifested a roughly Groot-like body on several occasions. Krakoa's flowers are known to have special abilities, and Captain Krakoa not-so-coincidentally has flowers around his headpiece - could this be the next stage in Krakoa's existence?

According to Marvel, Captain Krakoa will debut in December 22's X-Men #6, followed by the just-revealed X-Men #7 on January 19, 2022.

https://www.gamesradar.com/captain-krakoa-x-men-7/
    First of all, the name "Captain Krakoa" doesn't sound good, frankly. It's a terrible name.

I don't think it's Cyke in disguise, it would be a terrible twist. I guess it's a brand new mutant. Hopefully...

Astonishing Member

Now that mutantkind has their own nation, a new nationalistic hero has emerged - and he'll be replacing Cyclops as leader of the X-Men.

After revealing him to the public in September, Marvel has confirmed that Captain Krakoa "takes charge of the X-Men" in January 2022's X-Men #7 - even replacing team leader Cyclops, as seen in series artist Pepe Larraz's cover to the issue.

This apparent leadership change comes just months after Cyclops stepped down from Krakoa's leadership structure to focus exclusively on being the leader of the X-Men.

A third option might be staring us in the face - what if Captain Krakoa is Krakoa? In addition to being the island the mutants are living on, Krakoa is a sentient mutant being - one which Professor X and Cypher have been experimenting, cultivating, and training to expand its consciousness to the point that it has manifested a roughly Groot-like body on several occasions. Krakoa's flowers are known to have special abilities, and Captain Krakoa not-so-coincidentally has flowers around his headpiece - could this be the next stage in Krakoa's existence?

According to Marvel, Captain Krakoa will debut in December 22's X-Men #6, followed by the just-revealed X-Men #7 on January 19, 2022.

https://www.gamesradar.com/captain-krakoa-x-men-7/
    I just don't buy Cyke stepping away from the X-Men, remember his answer to Exodus, maybe the investigation zeroes in on Scott being a clone and so going forward Krakoan council will clone him with other powers to keep humans guessing after realising CapK can't be Cyclops..

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    First of all, the name "Captain Krakoa" doesn't sound good, frankly. It's a terrible name.

I don't think it's Cyke in disguise, it would be a terrible twist. I guess it's a brand new mutant. Hopefully...
    And how the hell being a brand new mutant arriving and taking over the X-men makes any sense?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If Cyclops is really replaced, I do wonder where he will turn up next. I don't think Cap K is Cyke, de solicitation text of the issue of the issue before...
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Duggan's X-Men Gold is boring af.
    X 1000, is a solo to 2 characters ...x_x

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    If Cyclops is really replaced, I do wonder where he will turn up next. I don't think Cap K is Cyke, de solicitation text of the issue of the issue before...
    The solicit fits perfectly: Cyclops is against Captain Krakoa because he wants to continue as Cyclops. The alternative makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

I can't see the likes of Jean, Lorna, Rogue... well the whole team really, just being okay with letting some new mutant lead. Gotta be some kind of twist with Scott or someone known. But even someone known taking over leadership so quickly feels odd.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Captain Krakoa is Dc Stasis. is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Captain Krakoa is Dc Stasis. is obvious.
    Cap K = Cy K
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

When I read the thread's title, it made me think that Betsy is going by "Captain Krakoa" now lol.

Oh well, the name is... Not really sounding catchy.

They couldn't let this team be beyond 6 issues I see.

yeah Dr Stasis done turned himself into Wonder Man

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Not exactly surprised by the Polyphem... I mean, Cyclops drama, but holy hell did I not get those were *flowers* around the guy's helmet based on the previous cover.