Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If that isn't cyclops pretending to be dead because they got his other body i will eat my hat. I just find it hard to believe what looks like another white male (i still think darwin though) is going to come out of no where, usurp the whole team and take over as leader when Jean was supposedly co-lead. But i have been wrong many times.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If that is the case and it is Scott I wonder how long he'll have to keep up the charade. Not feelin' this costume design. Those flowers on his helmet are going to look like Krusty the Clown hair in 70% of the panels.
    Last edited by Dipter; 10-21-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This actually sounds interesting in a zaney way.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Now that mutantkind has their own nation, a new nationalistic hero has emerged - and he'll be replacing Cyclops as leader of the X-Men.

https://www.gamesradar.com/captain-krakoa-x-men-7/
    I know that Krakoa is a living planet and everything and all green and nature and full of flowers but aren't those flowers on his helmet a bit much? Can't they just put a tree symbol on his costume or helmet instead?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-21-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Captain Krakoa:
    Attachment 114911
    LMAO. A casual threat would probably work better on-panel, but this is just too funny.

Out of curiosity, why do folks think there's going to be any kind of charade/cover-up/fakeout on the X-Men's part? They're the Truth, Justice, Love, Kindness Taking Fun Silly Photos Yay Public Relations book. Scheming and lying would pretty much go against everything they're supposed to embody, wouldn't it? Keeping their mouths shut about the resurrection protocols for the sake of peace/goodwill is one thing, but actively staging fake deaths is something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

This apparent leadership change comes just months after Cyclops stepped down from Krakoa's leadership structure to focus exclusively on being the leader of the X-Men.

I will still be a captain, of course, I do that for our people...
    Exactly what the character said on the page.

Exodus even asks why he does not quit altogether.

Since the Captains are leadership during times of conflict, Cyclops has not stepped down from leadership.

Never mind stepped down to exclusively focus on leading the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I know that Krakoa is a living planet and everything and all green and nature and full of flowers but aren't those flowers on his helmet a bit much? Can't they just put a tree symbol on his costume or helmet instead?
    Agree ,somehow 'flower power' and Cyke don't go together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    LMAO. A casual threat would probably work better on-panel, but this is just too funny.

Out of curiosity, why do folks think there's going to be any kind of charade/cover-up/fakeout on the X-Men's part? They're the Truth, Justice, Love, Kindness Taking Fun Silly Photos Yay Public Relations book. Scheming and lying would pretty much go against everything they're supposed to embody, wouldn't it? Keeping their mouths shut about the resurrection protocols for the sake of peace/goodwill is one thing, but actively staging fake deaths is something else entirely.
    X-Force #10 -Jean to Beast '.. The lies are for the humans..not us.X-Force only exists because of trust.A trust in the vision of mutantkind' totally has you covered

Extraordinary Member

What if he gets killed again but in public view? Scott comes back as Cpt Krakoa to keep the protocols under wrap?
    Great theory, if this isn't it it might be that Scott dies and this is his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    This team doesn't have a brick. If the suit channels his optic blasts into strength and flight powers (because he can't just run around being the same tight-bodied stud shooting red blasts), that could be their solution.
    Rogue is a brick, a pretty strong one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Random MU Reporter: "Captain Krakoa, first of all, I want to publicly go on the record over how much I'm loving the headgear. Not suspicious in the slightest. Secondly, some folks have been worrying about the possibility of mutant mass resurrection and wondering if Scott Summers' apparent demise and your sudden rise to prominence somehow tied into it. Would you kindly take off the helmet if only to reassure us mere mortals that you're not Scott Summers going through another insane Erik the Red phase?"
    Captain Krakoa: "Never. For Krakoa!"
    Random MU Reporter: Oh well, we tried."
    This is the level of competence random MU reporters would show as well, I'd say Ben Urich is the only one who would try harder.Hopefully we see him use his contacts like DD or Spider-man(Even Peter and Urich know each other, he can call him to identity the biology stuff) or Silk whose thing is being a reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    "I'm me from another dimension/timeline."
    "A cosmic force that happenes to be possesses my girlfriend restored me to life."
    "I fought the angel of death and won."
    "They used a bunch of demonic slugs to create a new body for me, while my soul fled from heaven."
    "I beat Death at chess."
    "An alien civilization thought i was destined to destroy them, so they restored me back to life in order to keep me under watch."
    "I found myself under a black mountain..."
    "The me that got killed was a Shi'ar tech made golem someone replaced me with."
    "The me that got killed was a Skrull imposter."
    "The me that got killed was a LMD."
    "The me that got killed was a clone made by a mad scientist."
    "The me that got killed was me from another timeline."
    "Nano machines son."
    "Nanomachines son" Love that reference and IDK why but feels like something Old Cable would say

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If that isn't cyclops pretending to be dead because they got his other body i will eat my hat. I just find it hard to believe what looks like another white male (i still think darwin though) is going to come out of no where, usurp the whole team and take over as leader when Jean was supposedly co-lead. But i have been wrong many times.
    Not that race or gender should matter, but if Capt. Krakoa isn't on friendly terms w/ the team then being a (straight) white male is the route they would go, same as the Corrupt Govt. officials always are.

I can see it being a technicality, although I wonder how that will play out as in who can force Capt. Krakoa on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    "How are you alive again?"

"My 60-year old son's teenage self pulled me from the time stream prior to my death. It's as simple as that."
    LOL, exactly why I love posting here! Only we get how this can be funny, sad, and ridiculous all at the same time.

What if he gets killed again but in public view? Scott comes back as Cpt Krakoa to keep the protocols under wrap?
    That would be an amazing story. Given how Ben Urich has been investigating the resurrection of certain mutants, this would fit perfectly with what's going on right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Great theory, if this isn't it it might be that Scott dies and this is his replacement.
    If Scott dies, he'd be immediately resurrected. This already happened.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Rogue is a brick, a pretty strong one at that.
    D'oh. How did I forget that she's in the book?

I don't believe its cyclops. I want to say its another pretender trying to infiltrate Krakoa. Cyclops is probably hiding in the shadows drawing up schematics on when that other shoe drops he will be there to fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I don't believe its cyclops. I want to say its another pretender trying to infiltrate Krakoa. Cyclops is probably hiding in the shadows drawing up schematics on when that other shoe drops he will be there to fix the problem
    I feel the need to point out Cyke has worn that shape of visor before.