Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Default How would you plot a Batfamily/Robin movie trilogy?

An honest, modern attempt of seeing beloved Batfamily members on the big screen is something fans have been after for a while. Let's say that sometime in the near future, Warner launches a trilogy involving Batfamily members, and you get to pitch it. Anyone is game. Who do you include? What stories would you pull from? Do you use any time skips? Would you omit Batman in any of the films?

My version would probably be:

1 - Batman & Robin: A film focused on Bruce & Dick's relationship, with Dick's parents' murder & Tony Zucco tying into the principal antagonist - someone who isn't the Joker. Hell, maybe Scarface/The Ventriloquist.

2 - Batgirl joins the team, but friction grows between Dick and Batman, leading to the adoption of the Nightwing Persona. At the end, Barbara is shot by the Joker, further straining the relationships.

3 - A time skip from Dick's perspective sees him discover Batman has a new protege in Jason Todd. Dick and Barbara (now Oracle) are independently investigating a crime that sees them cross paths with Bruce/Jason. They don't approve of Bruce having a new Robin. Todd is killed early on in the movie, and the Red Hood story unfolds. Dick helps Bruce hold onto his principles and let go of his regret, leading the two to reconcile.

I'd love to include characters beyond these, but it's already quite stuffed. I do wonder if there's a way to do a time skip or more simultaneous plot where a much broader cast brings in Tim, Damian, Batwoman, Spoiler etc.

Amazing Member

I would enjoy an arc of aerial dynamics being the theme. So as the movies develop, the story more and more becomes about the aerial showcases of the batfamily

Quote Originally Posted by trokanmariel33 View Post
    I would enjoy an arc of aerial dynamics being the theme. So as the movies develop, the story more and more becomes about the aerial showcases of the batfamily
    Do you mean acrobatics?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Do you mean acrobatics?
    Yes, like in Batman Forever with the Graysons showcasing, before they are murdered. Perhaps, the real theme or the underlying theme of the aerial dynamics would be Bruce's conflict of being a leader vs being Batman

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Movie 1: Focuses on Bruce & Dick. Establishes the Batman & Robin dynamic. At the very end Jason is introduced Jacking the wheels off the Batmobile.
    Movie 2: Loosely adapted around the Felipe Garzonas / DITF stories. Tension between Jason & Bruce + Jason & Dick builds until things hit a boiling point & Jason runs off than dies in combat, leaving Dick & Bruce devastated.
    Movie 3: Loosely Inspired by Morrison’s B&R. Focused around Dick, Damian and Jason.Bruce is dead, Dick is Batman.

I have an idea for a 4th movie that would help smooth the transition between 2 & 3, but as is I think something like this could work.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that 3 movies would really be enough cover more than one Robin properly. Especially having something like Jason become Robin, die and come back as Red Hood in one movie is a little bit to much.

With 3 movie I would likely do something like:
    Movie 1: Dick becomes Robin
    Movie 2: Some story some where in the middle of Dicks Career as Robin (and maybe introduce Batgirl)
    Movie 3: Dick becoming Nightwing and maybe a new Robin taking over

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    An honest, modern attempt of seeing beloved Batfamily members on the big screen is something fans have been after for a while. Let's say that sometime in the near future, Warner launches a trilogy involving Batfamily members, and you get to pitch it. Anyone is game. Who do you include? What stories would you pull from? Do you use any time skips? Would you omit Batman in any of the films?

My version would probably be:

1 - Batman & Robin: A film focused on Bruce & Dick's relationship, with Dick's parents' murder & Tony Zucco tying into the principal antagonist - someone who isn't the Joker. Hell, maybe Scarface/The Ventriloquist.

2 - Batgirl joins the team, but friction grows between Dick and Batman, leading to the adoption of the Nightwing Persona. At the end, Barbara is shot by the Joker, further straining the relationships.

3 - A time skip from Dick's perspective sees him discover Batman has a new protege in Jason Todd. Dick and Barbara (now Oracle) are independently investigating a crime that sees them cross paths with Bruce/Jason. They don't approve of Bruce having a new Robin. Todd is killed early on in the movie, and the Red Hood story unfolds. Dick helps Bruce hold onto his principles and let go of his regret, leading the two to reconcile.

I'd love to include characters beyond these, but it's already quite stuffed. I do wonder if there's a way to do a time skip or more simultaneous plot where a much broader cast brings in Tim, Damian, Batwoman, Spoiler etc.
    The 3rd part is a redux of the Titans DitF/UTRH, which rushed everything and butchered what made Jason, well, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The 3rd part is a redux of the Titans DitF/UTRH, which rushed everything and butchered what made Jason, well, Jason.
    Yeah, I was definitely channeling some of Titans in there. I loved the actor for Jason but they did omit a lot.