Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I look at the New Mutants film the same way I look at X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was an average film, at best, that should've been a lot better. The positive side is each of the two films gave us perfect casting of a particular character.....Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik (As long as you ignore the racist barbs toward Dani) and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool (We saw a glimpse of that in the beginning, before the whole Agent X crap or whatever you want to call it). That said, I also loved Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. Further showed Schreiber has range, as I didn't remember seeing him take a role like that before, and he was great.
    I hope the MCU keeps Ana Taylor-Joy, just as they are keeping Ryan Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Fox wasn’t good on diversity. I mean the X-Men movies were too old white man dominated anyway.
    Dude, your name is WallStreeter. What could be more old white man dominated than Wall Street?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I saw it recently certainly had its issues.....its sad because between the storyline and premise there could have been something decent there if they got the characterizations right and leaned into the horror aspect more.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Dude, your name is WallStreeter. What could be more old white man dominated than Wall Street?
    The fox-men movies
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What could be more foolish than judging someone by their handle?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What could be more foolish than judging someone by their handle?
    Are you implying you're really not that cool of a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The fox-men movies
    Damn. That was pretty funny. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter;[URL="tel:5804615"
    5804615[/URL]]Fox wasn’t good on diversity. I mean the X-Men movies were too old white man dominated anyway.
    Yet in spite of this was still heads and tails more diverse than the New Mutants movie
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia;[URL="tel:5804665"
    5804665[/URL]]Dude, your name is WallStreeter. What could be more old white man dominated than Wall Street?
    lol i meeeean you gotta point.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I saw it recently certainly had its issues.....its sad because between the storyline and premise there could have been something decent there if they got the characterizations right and leaned into the horror aspect more.
    Nahhh they coulda been perfect on all points and the casting still woulda dragged it down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow;[URL="tel:5805263"
    5805263[/URL]]Are you implying you're really not that cool of a guy?
    lol!!!!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Fox wasn’t good on diversity. I mean the X-Men movies were too old white man dominated anyway.
    They were good in some ways and lousy in others. The first X-Men movie had four prominent female characters in Jean, Ororo, Rogue, and Mystique. The first Avengers move had only Natasha and Maria. I can't think of any Marvel movies that hit that number before Captain Marvel. We also got two canon lesbian couples in Negasonc/Yukio and Dani/Rahne.

Incredible Member

I'm going to start this by saying that I was a fan of the original New Mutants comic book series. I actually started with the original New Mutants graphic novel. And went from there.

This movie was controversial to me on a lot of fronts. Most of which turned out to be a lot of fannish nitpicking by me. That changed once I actually saw the movie.

I added it to my DVD collection. And I'm glad I did. I had a lot of personal fun with the movie. And it was great to see some of my favorite new Mutants characters come to life.

To me it was very much of a TV movie style thing. Rather than a full-on theater experience. But that isn't a negative aspect. It simply had a different scope than something that should have been in a movie theater.

Have I watched it more than once? Yeah. I liked it enough for repeat viewings. And it fulfilled enough of my fan urges to have it be a proud part of my collection.

Good? Bad? That's all personal perspective. Mine is that I liked it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    They were good in some ways and lousy in others. The first X-Men movie had four prominent female characters in Jean, Ororo, Rogue, and Mystique. The first Avengers move had only Natasha and Maria. I can't think of any Marvel movies that hit that number before Captain Marvel. We also got two canon lesbian couples in Negasonc/Yukio and Dani/Rahne.
    Sorry,Dani/Rahne isn't canon no matter how much people like you try to pretend it is. It's badly done fanfic nonsense. And yes Dani has bluntly stated in the comic she isn't a lesbian.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Sorry,Dani/Rahne isn't canon no matter how much people like you try to pretend it is. It's badly done fanfic nonsense. And yes Dani has bluntly stated in the comic she isn't a lesbian.
    It is canon to the New Mutants movie. I said nothing about what is canon to the comics. They are different canons.

It is canon to the New Mutants movie. I said nothing about what is canon to the comics. They are different canons.
    it's not canon in any film but its own
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Another reason why the "Movie" is flat out garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    I'm going to start this by saying that I was a fan of the original New Mutants comic book series. I actually started with the original New Mutants graphic novel. And went from there.

This movie was controversial to me on a lot of fronts. Most of which turned out to be a lot of fannish nitpicking by me. That changed once I actually saw the movie.

I added it to my DVD collection. And I'm glad I did. I had a lot of personal fun with the movie. And it was great to see some of my favorite new Mutants characters come to life.

To me it was very much of a TV movie style thing. Rather than a full-on theater experience. But that isn't a negative aspect. It simply had a different scope than something that should have been in a movie theater.

Have I watched it more than once? Yeah. I liked it enough for repeat viewings. And it fulfilled enough of my fan urges to have it be a proud part of my collection.

Good? Bad? That's all personal perspective. Mine is that I liked it.
    I feel the same way but I have been reticent to share my opinion. I actually loved this movie. I loved Dark Phoenix, too, which I see as a sort of "What If...?" story, i.e., "What If the Phoenix Force Destroyed D'Bari Before Bonding with Jean Grey?" I also find both effortlessly rewatchable.

I own both films on blu ray.