Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Thanagarians real or fake wings

Hawkman and hawk woman have had either real wings or wings made of nth metal which version do you like more.

Real Wings. Only other thing Id accept is that over the generations they had a genetic mutation that caused a huge population to be birthed without wings and thus Nth metal wings were produced in its place.

Astonishing Member

If it is the military forward Hawkworld style eings and not articulable avian style wings then I can see it being Thanagarian jet pack wespons kit.

But if they are going to look like bird wings and move around, I prefer the real ones

I prefer the artificial wings. The wings being equipment, and a part of their culture just seems right to me when it comes to Thanagarians.

Below is a fun example of how Thanagarians think in regards to their wings. It’s just about as matter of fact as we humans view our various modes of transport.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I prefer the wings as tools, not actual appendages.

The only time I recall Hawkman having real wings was post-Zero Hour, when he merged with the Native American Hawk-god entity. Were there other in-continuity versions that sported real wings?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Artificial wings.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member Captain Nostalgia's Avatar

Real wings. The idea that hawk wings are going to be the most advanced and effective form of aviation in an advanced technological society like the Thanagarians is unlikely.

Artificial. Living with real ones would be pretty inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Real wings. The idea that hawk wings are going to be the most advanced and effective form of aviation in an advanced technological society like the Thanagarians is unlikely.
    ^^^How come?

Astonishing Member

Artificial wings.

Standing Member

It seems like we missed a step here and didn't define our terms.

There is a lot of variety in how the wings have been depicted. Usually the wings are artificial--thus why the Hawks wear the harness--but they look realistic. Sometimes (but not often as I can recall) the wings have been actually growing out of their bodies--and thus they look natural. Sometimes, the wings don't look very realistic at all--but there are degrees to how fake they look, which I put down to how much effort the artists want to put into rendering the wings.

So just to be clear, I want the wings that are attached to a harness, but I want those wings to look like real wings (not to the point of the artist over-rendering the art, but a good comic book rendering of wings).
    Never desert Alex Désert when he's eating sugary sweet dessert in the sandy desert!

Artificial Nth metal wings. No contest IMO. I love that in Hawkworld the wings were not only a tool but built in to their culture. Hawkworld remains the best take on Hawkman and Hawkwoman.
    Read the current Flash run by Jeremy Adams! The first issue is #768. The best comic being published by DC these days. Hands down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Artificial. Living with real ones would be pretty inconvenient.
    Not on their world

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Artificial Nth metal wings. No contest IMO. I love that in Hawkworld the wings were not only a tool but built in to their culture. Hawkworld remains the best take on Hawkman and Hawkwoman.
    Thank you, I could not agree more! /thread
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If you rather real wings then I guess Katar/Carter would not have a secret idenity? Because unlike how the 60's dealt with Angel's wings, hiding under suits wouldn't work. That's why I prefer artificial wings. Hawkman's last series handled really well.