Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's probably how/why it happened...the professionals who knew what they were doing weren't there. Whoever replaced them, if anyone, skipped protocol...
    Even if they weren’t the experts, why the hell was there any live ammo on the set for the non-experts to mess up with? What the f$&@ does a movie set need real ammo for?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Even if they weren’t the experts, why the hell was there any live ammo on the set for the non-experts to mess up with? What the f$&@ does a movie set need real ammo for?

Exactly. This story is so crazy. Why do they have live ammo on set? Why when apparently they had two ADs the week before was the whole production not shut down? Who the heck is loading these guns? This is lunacy.

Situations like this is Hollywood’s worst nightmare. My condolences to the family for this unbearable loss. I hope Baldwin can find some peace with himself.

I know we all feel bad for Baldwin. I do as well. But part of this is on him if reports can be believed. Yes he was handed a gun and was told it was safe. Fine. but there are reports there have been as few as two misfires and accidents with the same gun in the days leading up to what happened. Nothing was done. No meetings, no looking into it nothing. With his star power and being a producer on the film he could have done something. The set was so bad when it came to safety concerns that people were walking off the set and they had to use less talented, less knowledgeable people who didnt know what they were doing. It just seems like everyone was more concerned with saving money and getting things done as fast as possible they didnt care about what may happen and look at the end result.

So yes I feel bad that badwin took a life in a senseless accident. But we cant ignore his part causing this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know we all feel bad for Baldwin. I do as well. But part of this is on him if reports can be believed. Yes he was handed a gun and was told it was safe. Fine. but there are reports there have been as few as two misfires and accidents with the same gun in the days leading up to what happened. Nothing was done. No meetings, no looking into it nothing. With his star power and being a producer on the film he could have done something. The set was so bad when it came to safety concerns that people were walking off the set and they had to use less talented, less knowledgeable people who didnt know what they were doing. It just seems like everyone was more concerned with saving money and getting things done as fast as possible they didnt care about what may happen and look at the end result.

So yes I feel bad that badwin took a life in a senseless accident. But we cant ignore his part causing this.
    There was 6 producers in total on this film with Baldwin. Also there was 3 guns on the table as well once they handed Baldwin one. He may have thought with 3 guns the expert and more checked it fully.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

About Baldwin being a producers. Many actors are listed as producers of their movies, this is a contractual agreement that has to do with profit sharing and not the day to day production. There are line producers and a main production crew that oversee that. So don't assume Baldwin had any hand in what was going on behind the camera.
    Daniel Craig was a listed producer on No Time To Die, I doubt he was in budget and production design meetings.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Just read. Cast and crew was firing off the vintage guns on set with live ammo. Looks like they blanks and live ammo got mixed up together.

In my state. If you aim a firearm at anyone for any reason. And it injuries them or kill them. You are in a lot of trouble. He in a lot of trouble. No matter what.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-events.html

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Just read. Cast and crew was firing off the vintage guns on set with live ammo. Looks like they blanks and live ammo got mixed up together.

In my state. If you aim a firearm at anyone for any reason. And it injuries them or kill them. You are in a lot of trouble. He in a lot of trouble. No matter what.

Baldwin from reports aimed the gun in a scene , that it appears the scene was a camera shot of the gun and it firing for a down the barrel shot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I get Baldwin was one of only 6 producers. I get actors get that title at times. But he is also a big name actor who had pull in a movie he was staring in. He didnt know all the people on his film were walking out because of safty issues? He didnt know they were hiring people who were not up to par on their jobs? As for trusting the experts? There were at least 2 maybe more depending on you you listen wo so at least 2 accidents, misfires, whatever you want to call them with this gun that was handled by so called experts and he still was silent when nothing was being done about it. Baldwin is very involved in the films he is in. So the biggest star in the movie didnt know what was going on around him? I doubt that. So even if he had no hand in the day to day fine. But he still knew what was going on around him because everyone knew about it. He didnt use his weight and star power to say "Hey I am not doing this till we figure out what is going on. Till we address why people who have been in this business for years feel unsafe and are walking off the set. The experts already messed up twice. maybe we see why."

No Baldwin does not get a free pass on this.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-24-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

I doubt that this will be treated as someone pointing a gun at someone else. I tire at definitive statements about a story we have only partial info about.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I get Baldwin was one of only 6 producers. I get actors get that title at times. But he is also a big name actor who had pull in a movie he was staring in. He didnt know all the people on his film were walking out because of safty issues? He didnt know they were hiring people who were not up to par on their jobs? As for trusting the experts? There were at least 2 maybe more depending on you you listen wo so at least 2 accidents, misfires, whatever you want to call them with this gun that was handled by so called experts and he still was silent when nothing was being done about it. Baldwin is very involved in the films he is in. So the biggest star in the movie didnt know what was going on around him? I doubt that. So even if he had no hand in the day to day fine. But he still knew what was going on around him because everyone knew about it. He didnt use his weight and star power to say "Hey I am not doing this till we figure out what is going on. Till we address why people are walking off the set. The experts already messed up twice. maybe we see why."

You know he was silent? How? Do you know whether there were discussions behind the scenes? Do you know whether members of the production team told him the issues were resolved before this incident? No, we don't know.
    Baldwin is very involved...as an Actor. If anything this is the director's responsibility.

I get Baldwin was one of only 6 producers. I get actors get that title at times. But he is also a big name actor who had pull in a movie he was staring in. He didnt know all the people on his film were walking out because of safty issues? He didnt know they were hiring people who were not up to par on their jobs? As for trusting the experts? There were at least 2 maybe more depending on you you listen wo so at least 2 accidents, misfires, whatever you want to call them with this gun that was handled by so called experts and he still was silent when nothing was being done about it. Baldwin is very involved in the films he is in. So the biggest star in the movie didnt know what was going on around him? I doubt that. So even if he had no hand in the day to day fine. But he still knew what was going on around him because everyone knew about it. He didnt use his weight and star power to say "Hey I am not doing this till we figure out what is going on. Till we address why people are walking off the set. The experts already messed up twice. maybe we see why."

Baldwin is an actor and likely doing what many actors do. They leave the set , have no clue about the workings of everything going on. Have little interaction with crew beyond director and then return the next day as filming is ready to start.

Unless its a Michael Landon deal where he literally as Director and Producer of say Little House had a big hand in it all behind the scenes.....then Baldwin and his people can point out he was a name only producer and just an actor for most part. With whoever yelled cold gun and the gun expert ....well they are in deeper **** than Baldwin at this moment.

I agree that the gun expert is and should be in deep ****. But For someone as involved as Baldwin is in his movies he had to know that people he was seeing every day were no longer there. He had to hear about the safety issues. Hell people were talking about it on set. He didnt hear any of that in the time he spent on set. There was a report on one of the news shows, (I will say they said it was unconfirmed so dont know how true it is) that Baldwin was aware of the 2 misfires on the gun, he did know people were walking off the set. Maybe he said something. If he did they ignored him because there are tons of reports of how unsafe that set was and how many people were working there that really didnt know what they were doing. So Baldwin knew and didnt care which is bad in itself, or he was so unaware and careless of what was going on around him that a person died because of it and that is also pretty damn bad.

I dont know that he knew. On the same token people saying I cant say he knew also cant say 100 percent he didnt know.

He doesnt get a pass on his personal responsibility just because he feels bad about what happened. Is he criminal responsible? I dont think so. personally responsible? Partly Yes.

This may change when it comes out how much he did or did not know.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-24-2021 at 08:01 AM.

blob, you are making a lot of assumptions without the full story. We do not know what was happening on the set. Only snippets. Yes there were problems, as there are on every single movie. He was told it was a "cold gun". He did not just pick up a gun and fire. Beyond that, we do not know.