Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Depends partly on whether or not Baldwin can keep his monumental butthole issues under control during the trial. If he can't, a guilty verdict might be assured.
    I don't know what that means, what butthole issues are you talking about?
    I am quite sure he will listen to his lawyers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

I don't see Baldwin leaving jurors shitty voicemails, personally

I bet he doesn't fall asleep during jury selection.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Emily D. Baker, a lawyer and former L.A. Deputy District Attorney:

At this point, Baker believes Baldwin’s legal team may reach out to special prosecutors Kari T. Morrissey and Jason J. Lewis to see if they will offer a similar plea deal (6 months of unsupervised probation, a fine of $500, community service, gun safety class) to the one they offered him last October.

It was rescinded after they learned [Baldwin] was working on a documentary. Prosecutors alleged he was “actively pressuring material witnesses in the case against him to submit to interviews for his documentary,” according to their April 5 response to Baldwin’s motion to dismiss the charge against him.

“[Baldwin's] case is different,” says Baker, noting that during Gutierrez-Reed’s trial, “the jury came back saying that Hannah not only was completely negligent, reckless in doing her job, but that she brought the live rounds onto set. So there is definitely a different case there than Baldwin.”

“But if the prosecution can show that Baldwin pulled the trigger, I don't know how much sympathy a jury is going to have for him, because many in the [movie] industry say that even if you are seemingly pointing a weapon at someone, it's always cheated,” says Baker. “You're never pointing a gun at a person, and you are always treating a weapon as if it's loaded.”

Baldwin’s legal team may try to paint Gutierrez-Reed as the culprit, noting that Sommer told Gutierrez-Reed during sentencing “but for you, Halyna would not be dead.”

But, says Baker, “two people can be responsible for this at once.”
    https://people.com/what-rust-armorer...lusive-8633997
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

“But if the prosecution can show that Baldwin pulled the trigger, I don't know how much sympathy a jury is going to have for him, because many in the [movie] industry say that even if you are seemingly pointing a weapon at someone, it's always cheated,” says Baker. “You're never pointing a gun at a person, and you are always treating a weapon as if it's loaded.”
    The problem with this line of reason, and whether people actually point guns at one another on the set, is he was pointing the gun at the camera per the directors instructions. And there is 100+ years of footage from movies that show actors point the gun at the camera.
    I think pulling the trigger will come down to benefit of the doubt. The deal mentioned is probably best for both sides.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Rust Armorer gets 18 months.
    It's important to note that she's in the under 2 year rule which means the judge/prosecutors didn't want to send her to prison. Baldwin is going to push for probation just to settle the issue and not drag out the expense.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Emily D. Baker, a lawyer and former L.A. Deputy District Attorney:

https://people.com/what-rust-armorer...lusive-8633997
    Am I interpreting the article correctly? Baldwin was working on a documentary about the fatal Rust incident? Cheese and Rice! That's beyond bad taste even before we get to the "pressuring" part.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Am I interpreting the article correctly? Baldwin was working on a documentary about the fatal Rust incident? Cheese and Rice! That's beyond bad taste even before we get to the "pressuring" part.
    It would be one thing for him to respond to someone else's documentary, but he seems to be in charge.

It was rescinded after they learned he was working on a documentary. Prosecutors alleged he was “actively pressuring material witnesses in the case against him to submit to interviews for his documentary,” according to their April 5 response to Baldwin’s motion to dismiss the charge against him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Okay, so technically, I was right when I said Baldwin wouldn't leave the jurors nasty voice mails.

...but that might have been better.

Baldwin may or may not be legally responsible for the death, but man has he been doing nothing to make himself look good in any of this.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Baldwin may or may not be legally responsible for the death, but man has he been doing nothing to make himself look good in any of this.
    It's going to be very difficult for me to see Baldwin suffer any severe consequences based on the Reed trial. The fact that the lab damaged the gun/evidence is going to be damning for the prosecution. Just to be clear...Hannah didn't check the firearm, had live ammunition on set, transferred ammunition from one set to another, was not present when firearms were going off, kept the firearms on a tray, had drugs on her, and had a history of accidental discharges.

The case against Baldwin is he claims he didn't pull the trigger, he rushed filming scenes, and fired his weapon after the director said cut and as a producer he didn't hold safety meetings after the live round went off earlier.

The fact that the armorer missed 5 live rounds after an earlier accidental discharge that level of gross incompetence really shouldn't reflect on Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    It's going to be very difficult for me to see Baldwin suffer any severe consequences based on the Reed trial. The fact that the lab damaged the gun/evidence is going to be damning for the prosecution. Just to be clear...Hannah didn't check the firearm, had live ammunition on set, transferred ammunition from one set to another, was not present when firearms were going off, kept the firearms on a tray, had drugs on her, and had a history of accidental discharges.

The case against Baldwin is he claims he didn't pull the trigger, he rushed filming scenes, and fired his weapon after the director said cut and as a producer he didn't hold safety meetings after the live round went off earlier.

The fact that the armorer missed 5 live rounds after an earlier accidental discharge that level of gross incompetence really shouldn't reflect on Baldwin.
    The gun apparently had some kind of hair trigger, which it shouldn't have had, which explains the "I did not pull the trigger" assertion. And was another fault by the armorer. I'm thinking and hoping this armorer gets no more work in the industry.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We'll see how the new trial goes. I have gathered that civil cases can be easier to convict than a criminal one (e.g. like how the late O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murdering his wife in criminal court, but subsequently found liable in a civil case).

Whether Baldwin should be also held responsible alongside Gutierrez-Reed will be for the court to decide, but, on paper, being sloppy is pretty pathetic excuse, nor does Gutierrez-Reed bearing blame automatically rule out Baldwin also being responsible.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We'll see how the new trial goes. I have gathered that civil cases can be easier to convict than a criminal one (e.g. like how the late O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murdering his wife in criminal court, but subsequently found liable in a civil case).

Whether Baldwin should be also held responsible alongside Gutierrez-Reed will be for the court to decide, but, on paper, being sloppy is pretty pathetic excuse, nor does Gutierrez-Reed bearing blame automatically rule out Baldwin also being responsible.
    In Civil court he's going to get slammed his biggest crime is putting a 24 year in the safety job. The things Gutierrez-Reed did on that set were so bad that Baldwin's "negligence" seems almost insulting.

In Civil court he's going to get slammed his biggest crime is putting a 24 year in the safety job. The things Gutierrez-Reed did on that set were so bad that Baldwin's "negligence" seems almost insulting.
    Did he have anything to do with hiring her?