Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

This attorney makes out an interesting case that Baldwin may have talked himself right into an involuntary manslaughter charge during his interview with the New Mexico police.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people, including smart people like Baldwin, don't understand what "anything you say can and WILL be used against you" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    This attorney makes out an interesting case that Baldwin may have talked himself right into an involuntary manslaughter charge during his interview with the New Mexico police.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people, including smart people like Baldwin, don't understand what "anything you say can and WILL be used against you" means.
    Ouch. I know that murder charges can't happen due to New Mexico laws, as murder requires intent in New Mexico, but manslaughter doesn't have the same hurdles.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ouch. I know that murder charges can't happen due to New Mexico laws, as murder requires intent in New Mexico, but manslaughter doesn't have the same hurdles.
    Wonder if his status as a producer will also be added (e.g. charges for being the one to actually pull the trigger and for being someone in charge who saw how irresponsible and dangerous things were and did nothing)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Haven't we already dispelled this notion that him being a Producer meant he was in charge of production?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Haven't we already dispelled this notion that him being a Producer meant he was in charge of production?
    I think it might increase his vulnerability for financial liability, because even if he has the title in name only, there have been enough people IN THIS THREAD questioning whether or not it means something more that I am sure a jury could easily have the same thoughts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it might increase his vulnerability for financial liability, because even if he has the title in name only, there have been enough people IN THIS THREAD questioning whether or not it means something more that I am sure a jury could easily have the same thoughts.
    True, but a civil case is far different than a criminal case.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Settlement reached in the case:

https://deadline.com/2022/10/alec-ba...nt-1235135693/

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed,” Matthew Hutchins said Wednesday morning.

“The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023,” Hutchins added of the most confidential agreement.

“I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin). “All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I hope that's the right outcome, all things considered.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's probably the best outcome at this point.

This is a completely separate question from whether anyone should be subject to criminal or civil penalties.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah it's clear Baldwin was not responsible beyond being an actor and firing what he believed was a cleared gun...then yeah. It's a pure tragedy this woman was shot and I hope gun safety becomes a push on sets now. That guns are checked 2-3 tines before use.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Looks like the attorney was on point here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Legally, Baldwin's conduct seems to fit the charges, and aside from that...producer Baldwin's passion project being a lower budget film where corners were cut and thus reckless gun safety was a significant risk needs to stop.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2023 at 11:14 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Legally, Baldwin's conduct seems to fit the charges, and aside from that...producer Baldwin's passion project being a lower budget film where corners were cut and thus reckless gun safety was a significant risk needs to stop.
    While Baldwin may have talked himself into the charges as some have pointed out, that’s kind of from a perspective of how to beat criminal charges, not based on whether or not that’s what really happened. From a perspective of what really happened and actual justice, I think you, JBatmanFan05, are right. Baldwin’s conduct including as producer seems to warrant this charge. Even as just a follower of the news, I’m obviously biased, but no matter how you look at the facts in this case, I don’t understand how Baldwin could be anything except guilty, as charged. His own words and deeds point to his guilt, IMO. The interview with the cops is a confession.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-19-2023 at 12:14 PM.

Sounds like the set was a train wreck. There were other misfires, unannounced shots that went off, toes almost shot off.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.