Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And now Baldwin has a great Civil lawsuit himself with this email. Oh man...the state is gonna have to pay Baldwin a sheeeet ton if he goes after them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And now Baldwin has a great Civil lawsuit himself with this email. Oh man...the state is gonna have to pay Baldwin a sheeeet ton if he goes after them.
    I could see a deal with everyone dropping it to make this embarrassment go away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I could see a deal with everyone dropping it to make this embarrassment go away.
    Given this lawsuit has hurt Baldwins reputation...would he walk away. I could see a lawsuit by Alec Baldwin that is basically....this is a politician who wanted my case to help their election prospects.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I am sure these kinds of political considerations go on way more than we would ever want to know, BUT it is not at all right and you are not supposed to be so damn stupid as to document it. This special prosecutor who stepped down has made herself a legal target, for civil and perhaps criminal complaints. This is the kind of thing that results in consent decrees between local law enforcement agencies and the US Justice Department.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-26-2023 at 12:05 PM.

Attorney for 'Rust' assistant director says Alec Baldwin 'did not pull that trigger'

"Dave has told me since the very first day I met him that Alec did not pull that trigger," Halls' attorney, Lisa Torraco, told ABC News' Kaylee Hartung in an exclusive interview airing Thursday on "Good Morning America." "His finger was never in the trigger guard."
    What a garbage case. How soon do they drop it to stop embarrassing themselves.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Attorney for 'Rust' assistant director says Alec Baldwin 'did not pull that trigger'

What a garbage case. How soon do they drop it to stop embarrassing themselves.
    Might very well be a garbage legal case, but this claim of Alec not pulling the trigger strikes me absolutely as lying or otherwise garbage, garbage intended to try to end this litigation, to help or aid Alec. I'm no gun expert, but I'm sure many gun experts would wonder how it'd fire without the trigger being pulled (and not dropping on the floor, etc). If I recall, the FBI or something basically said that trigger had to be pulled.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-31-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Baldwin said he cocked the gun but did not pull the trigger. It is entirely possible for the gun to fire if the hammer released. This is different if the gun wasn't cocked and a mistake some who said it couldn't happen make.

It is getting bizarre. Baldwin was holding the gun and pointing it in a way that created a risk, had it gone off. Is he saying that the gun fired itself and its somehow the armorer's fault and the gun manufacturer's fault? Hard to see the endgame to denying firing the gun.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It is getting bizarre. Baldwin was holding the gun and pointing it in a way that created a risk, had it gone off. Is he saying that the gun fired itself and its somehow the armorer's fault and the gun manufacturer's fault? Hard to see the endgame to denying firing the gun.
    And again, this is NOT a gun range. Pointing a gun at someone else or at the camera is what happens in movies and has happened for over a century.

Watch as people point guns at each other, point at the camera and fire their guns. It's how Hollywood works. According to some here, every actor in these movies should be arrested.

Last edited by Kirby101; 03-31-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Its not really that bizarre man. I was a cop for 22 years and in the military before that. I have seen my share of ADs on ranges. The first thing everyone says is I didnt even pull the trigger. Your mind tells you something opposite of what your body actually did. Whether he pulled the trigger isnt relevant to the case regardless.

Astonishing Member

And again, this is NOT a gun range. Pointing a gun at someone else or at the camera is what happens in movies and has happened for over a century.

Watch as people point guns at each other, point at the camera and fire their guns. It's how Hollywood works. According to some here, every actor in these movies should be arrested.

Exactly I have no idea why people keep trying to compare, what happens on a set to real life. People point guns at each other on movie sets. That argument is worthless.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Exactly I have no idea why people keep trying to compare, what happens on a set to real life. People point guns at each other on movie sets. That argument is worthless.
    Agreed.

Plus, lets be honest, you do something a million times, safety routines are gonna slip.

Yes, no question there was negligence here. It's just not a criminal case.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its not really that bizarre man. I was a cop for 22 years and in the military before that. I have seen my share of ADs on ranges. The first thing everyone says is I didnt even pull the trigger. Your mind tells you something opposite of what your body actually did. Whether he pulled the trigger isnt relevant to the case regardless.
    Well yah that is my point. That the trigger pulling it irrelevant, so why is it even a thing being discussed? Survivor's guilt?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well yah that is my point. That the trigger pulling it irrelevant, so why is it even a thing being discussed? Survivor's guilt?
    Because it is the key to the prosecution's case.
    If he didn't actually pull the trigger there is no case.