Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    blob, you are making a lot of assumptions without the full story. We do not know what was happening on the set. Only snippets. Yes there were problems, as there are on every single movie. He was told it was a "cold gun". He did not just pick up a gun and fire. Beyond that, we do not know.
    I am making assumptions that he knew about the issues on set. yes. But a lot of people are also making assumptions that he didnt know. Or that I cant say his role as Producer means anything because it is a title given out to a lot of actors. Everyone is acting as if it is fact that he didnt know or do anything yet saying others cant make assumptions on what he did know and what role he had. It goes both ways.

As things come out my view may change. But from What I read and heard so far this is how I feel.

The whole thing is senseless and tragic and I hope they get to the bottom it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-24-2021 at 08:20 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

At this point the whole thing is assumption. I dont know what Baldwin did know any more then any one knows what he didnt know. People are saying Baldwin is not responsible in any way. Then you have others who are saying he is at least partly responsible. The whole thing is a tragic mess.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I talked to a person I know who has worked on TV and Movies. She said there is strict protocol when it comes to props and the "talent" is not suppose to touch it until they are on set and handed it, especially guns.
    Yes the whole thing is assumptions, and my point is we should not make any until we know more. I have no idea how much or how little Baldwin was involved. I do know how things usually work on a movie set. But until we know more, I think it is better not to attribute responsibility.
    We still don't know the line of possession for that gun.
    I never said Baldwin has no responsibility, I said WE DON"T KNOW. I do know I feel terrible for all involved, including Alec.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-24-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Only natural for Alec Baldwin to be suffering post-traumatic stress. Anyone would be. There were a lot of victims in this tragedy. My heart goes out to all of them.

Can you imagine? I'd be pretty danged torn up as well if I just shot and killed someone accidentally. No matter who is at fault, you're the guy who pulled the trigger. You don't just get over that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Can you imagine? I'd be pretty danged torn up as well if I just shot and killed someone accidentally. No matter who is at fault, you're the guy who pulled the trigger. You don't just get over that.
    I would pretty much never forgive myself, I would need therapy for years.

In his case, he was also one of the Producers on the project. So he's sharing responsibility on multiple fronts.

Astonishing Member

Interesting article on how talent is being stretched thin with all the increased demands for scripted shows: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/r...on-1235096161/

We're already starting to hear about working conditions on CW/WB shows, wouldn't be surprising for more stories like that, everyone seems to be cutting corners everywhere.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well its becoming more than likely the production company making "Rust" did a lot of cost saving moves. Like hiring an in-experienced Armorer for the job. Because her famous father had done the job for years on Hollywood sets.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alec-b...chins-shooting
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also the whole talk how Baldwin should know gun safety , if reports are true from that 1st film she did...how she loaded blanks and did them where the gun could have gotten the barrel obstructed ....this isn't gun safety. And she's being paid for that role !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I understand the gun contained a real full bullet (is that right?), but I don't understand how live ammo is even allowed on a movie set. Shouldn't the blanks only be permitted on site?

It would make it easier on all prop guys/armourers/weapons masters if there was no chance (except for blanks backfiring and or ejecting).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I would pretty much never forgive myself, I would need therapy for years.

In his case, he was also one of the Producers on the project. So he's sharing responsibility on multiple fronts.
    Not sure how the whole producer thing works, sometimes they just attach their name as a producer in the hopes of that helping the movie get made more than anything else, or he could be really hands on...

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    It is a wise decision for Baldwin. He should not be in any film or tv show for at least 2 years. Let everything blow over and let everyone try to heal.
    2 years? That sounds arbitrary.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    It is a wise decision for Baldwin. He should not be in any film or tv show for at least 2 years. Let everything blow over and let everyone try to heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    2 years? That sounds arbitrary.
    Yeah from whats coming out this is more the fault of hiring an inexperienced person for the job. And an assistant director who didn't care about safety.