Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Indeed. What size studio is Rust being done by, cuz I imagine if it is some medium to smaller/indy sized one, the lawsuit/civil suit/criminal charges from this is going to be their death sentence as a company.
    It's was a low budget production.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wow....just wow.....

This situation is looking increasingly terrible for the guys in charge of this production.
    If there's charges, the folks who decided to continue the shoot after the crew walked off complaining about safety issues should be named. Not just Baldwin and the AD.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If there's charges, the folks who decided to continue the shoot after the crew walked off complaining about safety issues should be named. Not just Baldwin and the AD.
    Exactly this.

I have a dark sense of humor. Very dark. And am totally not normally easily offended. But the memes coming out of this are disturbing to me.

The Authorities are saying all options are on the table. Could Alec Baldwin be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The Authorities are saying all options are on the table. Could Alec Baldwin be charged with involuntary manslaughter?
    It's possible. I think the worst charges will hit the AD who handed over the gun, then on (no particular order) who actually hired him (especially if it can be proven that even a cursory check would have revealed his past), the armorer, whoever in authority knew about live ammo being used by other set workers, the director if they aren't covered by an earlier mention, and whichever person/company listed as a producer had actual authority on the set.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-29-2021 at 01:00 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I am going to very confidently say that Baldwin is in no danger of facing charges, unless there's some major twist in the story we haven't been told about. The AD and the armorer are the ones in serious jeopardy.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I am going to very confidently say that Baldwin is in no danger of facing charges, unless there's some major twist in the story we haven't been told about. The AD and the armorer are the ones in serious jeopardy.
    Exactly how I view it, as far as the criminal realm. Now civilly, a whole bunch of people (including Baldwin) and entities might possibly be sued.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-29-2021 at 07:29 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Exactly how I view it, as far as the criminal realm. Now civilly, a whole bunch of people (including Baldwin) and entities might possibly be sued.
    Yep, the civil suits are where the settlement dollars are.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yep, the civil suits are where the settlement dollars are.
    Now, I think a civil suit against Baldwin would be difficult with what little we know, and perhaps even unlikely to even be filed considering the nascent apparent posture of the Hutchins family. And I think there's a good chance the director doesn't sue Baldwin. But the AD, armourer, and other entities might very well be sued and the plaintiffs (whoever they may be) should have good prospects on winning/settlement.

Thinking about it a little more....as far as Baldwin, civilly speaking, was there anything in this specific production agreed upon or stated (in writing or not) where he Alec Baldwin was also in charge of inspecting the firearm before use? And/or is it industry practice that the actor also check the weapon? Crucial questions I think as far as the civil realm (if anyone would seek to sue or countersue him in the first place).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-29-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/26/rust-...-alec-baldwin/

the other, more experienced actors checked their weapons 2 or 3 times after they received them from the armorer, and it didn't matter whether they were told the gun was "cold" or "hot." Baldwin did not check the weapon, but rather relied on the assistant director who assured him the gun was "cold."
    Alec Baldwin has been in the acting business long enough to trust an assistant director who had been fired from a previous production for a firearm discharge that wounded a crew member?

Astonishing Member

I just am baffled. Hollywood has made probably thousands of westerns if you count tv shows. God knows how many hours of these things since the beginning of tv and movies. If there was anything you would think they have down pat its making westerns. I guess the old saying if something can go wrong it will go wrong applies to this. The idiots running this production it just boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/26/rust-...-alec-baldwin/

Alec Baldwin has been in the acting business long enough to trust an assistant director who had been fired from a previous production for a firearm discharge that wounded a crew member?
    That assumes he knew about that or was involved in hiring them. A LOT to assume.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Now, I think a civil suit against Baldwin would be difficult with what little we know, and perhaps even unlikely to even be filed considering the nascent apparent posture of the Hutchins family. And I think there's a good chance the director doesn't sue Baldwin. But the AD, armourer, and other entities might very well be sued and the plaintiffs (whoever they may be) should have good prospects on winning/settlement.

Thinking about it a little more....as far as Baldwin, civilly speaking, was there anything in this specific production agreed upon or stated (in writing or not) where he Alec Baldwin was also in charge of inspecting the firearm before use? And/or is it industry practice that the actor also check the weapon? Crucial questions I think as far as the civil realm (if anyone would seek to sue or countersue him in the first place).
    True, but how many civil suits have happened against someone who was just merely in the orbit of some ill shit that went down. It's all about making a big enough public stink to where it's just better to pay you to go away then to go to trial.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That assumes he knew about that or was involved in hiring them. A LOT to assume.
    The fact that other actors on site felt the need to check weapons themselves could possibly establish that Baldwin should have known enough to pin some level of negligence directly on him.

But that is just speculation from someone who doesn't have a full understanding of either the laws that apply or the on set rules as they applied to that particular shoot (or any shoot really).
    Dark does not mean deep.