Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

The second one was a disappointment but I'm hoping this one picks up the slack.

Spectacular Member

I actually thought the second one was ok, but I don't need five of these like they seem to be planning to do.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The second while certainly not as fun as the first it wasn't a bad flick in my eyes so I'm pretty optimistic for the third as it seems to have more of the humor that made me love the original.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

2nd one was pretty bad.

This movie basically looks like a "soft reboot" where they basically sideline a bunch of the OG cast (at least temporarily) while they revamp the plot and try to get people interested.

2ed wasn't bad it was just a mess this one looks good.

Wonder how JK Rowling's fall from grace and (relative) tarnishing of the Harry Potter franchise will affect the movie?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder how JK Rowling's fall from grace and (relative) tarnishing of the Harry Potter franchise will affect the movie?
    She can do every HP fan a huge favor and just go away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Joss Whedon did not tarnish Buffy or the role he played in getting MCU off the ground

Bryan Singer did not tarnish most of his work on the x-men films

Woddy Allen still has fans and supporters and most of his movies are still been called a classic

Mel Gibson still has a career

And this men have all been accused of actually doing things.

JK Rowling is not in the same place as these people, far far from it. not even close. So Nah, I doubt she will ever be tarnished or ''cancelled'' or will ever fall from grace.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    She can do every HP fan a huge favor and just go away.
    That's just wrong, from a creative perspective - did Star Wars get any better for George Lucas stepping away. If you want rehash after rehash and the usual corporate creative then going the way they have seems to be fulfilling your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    That's just wrong, from a creative perspective - did Star Wars get any better for George Lucas stepping away. If you want rehash after rehash and the usual corporate creative then going the way they have seems to be fulfilling your wish.
    HP will be fine with out her her and her transgender opinions can go away.

This series is great, far better than the overrated Harry Potter films.

And contrary to a lot of people, I liked the 2nd movie more than the 1st. And I loved the 1st one.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Joss Whedon did not tarnish Buffy or the role he played in getting MCU off the ground

Bryan Singer did not tarnish most of his work on the x-men films

Woddy Allen still has fans and supporters and most of his movies are still been called a classic

Mel Gibson still has a career

And this men have all been accused of actually doing things.

JK Rowling is not in the same place as these people, far far from it. not even close. So Nah, I doubt she will ever be tarnished or ''cancelled'' or will ever fall from grace.
    Yeah, I mean we're not going to see Harry Potter end or anything (too much money wrapped up in it for the big businesses to let it go), but you have to wonder if Rowling's continued efforts to torch her legacy and the hindsight realization that the IP was more problematic than we realized will eventually have some kind of practical effect. Course, seeing how the second Fantastic Beasts movie was not well-received, the third one may pay more for its sins than Rowlings'.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The second movie was really good, much better than the first one which was all setup.

Mads will be great in this one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Honestly, I completely forgot Fantastic Beasts was a thing. It's been radio silence since Crimes of Grindelwald thudded it's way in and out of theaters.

Watching this trailer though...

Mighty Member

Every time I look at one of these new trailers I can't help but trying to take a look at crowd scenes and what needed to be changed because of COVID. Seems like a lot of scenes with only two or three characters. The scenes with the kids you can tell they had to space things out. COVID sucks. Why couldn't they just digitally put people in to build the world?