Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UNCHARTED movie

Quote Originally Posted by bluesclues View Post
    Has anyone seen this in the theatres already? Wanna know if its worth watching.
    I saw it. I think so.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wonder if the Braddock character is sort of the "adaptational villainy" version of Nadine from the last two games. Maybe the name was changed sort of similar to the Dark Knight character Ramirez, who I think was intended to be based on Renee Montoya, but given the character's villainous actions was probably given a name change.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I saw it and had a fun time. Didn’t seem like the games at all. But Holland is charming and the film is fun. Some cool set peices too. Seen people shit on Whalberg but I liked him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if the Braddock character is sort of the "adaptational villainy" version of Nadine from the last two games. Maybe the name was changed sort of similar to the Dark Knight character Ramirez, who I think was intended to be based on Renee Montoya, but given the character's villainous actions was probably given a name change.
    Have heard that theory before, and I think the actress did say she took some inspiration from Nadine in her performance. However, I've seen nothing confirming whether Braddock was intended to be an evil Nadine before being rewritten or was always an original character. As such, I'm kinda leaning to assuming original from the get-go; if nothing else, it would leave the real Nadine available if Sony decides to make more movies and wants to introduce more game characters.

Speaking of that, I have heard the theory somewhere that the blond-haired woman Nate pick-pocketed at the bar was an unnamed Elena Fisher. I'm really skeptical of that, since she's a pretty major character and I'd doubt that they'd plug her in like that (unless they retcon in a sequel). All that's even assuming that Sony would be planning to use Elena if they continue the film series.

(IMHO, since the movie is following its own canon to begin with, I'd prefer any future films continued Nate's complicated relationship with Chloe over switching gears to another love interest; it's already set up with some built-in audience investment; the film repeatedly hammered home that Chloe had severe trust issues that conflicted with her starting to develop feelings for Nate, which would work really well for giving her a character arc; and the actors had a good dynamic. Also, on paper, having a love story between two people who're going to have to learn to open up and work together sounds more interesting than Nate getting together with the "good girl," due to the hypothetical couple needing to overcome personal obstacles to make things work. Just my opinion, though.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)