Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spine tingling Spider-man new series

By Saladin Ahmed and Juan Ferreyra

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/22/ma...man-unlimited/

Spider-Man + Spooky ****? Sign me up! I'm looking forward to this

if it gets reference in a future run or story I will check it out not rushing to read this one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Juan Ferreya drawing Spidey is a treat and he should do well with the crazy, nightmarish, visuals I'm sure will pop up here.

Ahmed's also solid. Be interesting to see him write Peter more.

It's a good creative team, and the premise seems to differentiate this comic from the other series featuring Peter Parker. Sadly, I'd rather spend my money in physical comics. I don't read digital that much as to justify a subscription to Marvel Unlimited
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Interesting…. Not only all-digital meaning you can’t get it at a LCS, but a Marvel Unlimited exclusive… meaning no comixology either.

I certainly hope the future of comics isn’t like the current mess with streaming where so many TV shows and movies are split between Disney Plus, Hulu, Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon, HBO Max, etc.

Ahmed writing Peter? And he's on the Beyond Board too. I wonder if this is a test and they're considering having the Miles Morales writer take on Peter in ASM after Beyond.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spider-Man should have at least an annual mini series that is more supernatural/horror based. Those of us of a certain age remember the "Cry of the Wendigo" short story. I think that there should be more stories like that for Spider-Man. No easy punch out and web up to leave on the front steps of the commissioner's police station. These stories can be fun, too. I'm not talking about gory, bloodletting, etc. There can be new creatures and foes introduced.
    Spidey has faced various supernatural enemies before. Zarathos, D'Spayre, Demogoblin, Nightmare, and has bargained with Death (and, unfortunately, Mephisto.. that one's still ongoing).

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Interesting…. Not only all-digital meaning you can’t get it at a LCS, but a Marvel Unlimited exclusive… meaning no comixology either.

I certainly hope the future of comics isn’t like the current mess with streaming where so many TV shows and movies are split between Disney Plus, Hulu, Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon, HBO Max, etc.
    Other than adult comics and Conan, Unlimited otherwise lives up to the promise of having "everything" (at least everything recent).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ahmed writing Peter? And he's on the Beyond Board too. I wonder if this is a test and they're considering having the Miles Morales writer take on Peter in ASM after Beyond.
    He isnt big enough. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I figure Marvel wants a bigger writer to come on. Especially if they are want to hype #900.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I love how Ahmed writes Peter in Miles’ series so I’m looking forward to this, also excited for his upcoming work on ASM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Other than adult comics and Conan, Unlimited otherwise lives up to the promise of having "everything" (at least everything recent).
    I actually find comixology better. You not only get DC, Image, independent titles, etc., but you actually get the comics the day they’re released. You always have to wait a couple extra months on MU for some reason. The latest ASM issue is #70. The ability to access all comics with one flat monthly price is nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    He isnt big enough. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I figure Marvel wants a bigger writer to come on. Especially if they are want to hype #900.
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if any of the Beyond writers stick around after Beyond (assuming Ahmed is still writing Miles by then).

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one tired of “big name” writers? They rarely live up to the hype and more than often disappoint. I prefer the lesser known writers that have a pre-existing passion for the character and knowledge of Spider-Man history. I feel they put more effort into their stories because they have more to prove too.

I assumed based on the "between dreams and reality" part that this comic would be about Peter fighting his way through a coma after falling unconscious last ASM issue. (Love that trope.) I'm probably totally wrong though.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.