Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I assumed based on the "between dreams and reality" part that this comic would be about Peter fighting his way through a coma after falling unconscious last ASM issue. (Love that trope.) I'm probably totally wrong though.
    I wish but Peter will be swinging around in the real world in this fighting robots, breaking into buildings, eating sandwiches, etc. while also being in the dream thing.It's don't think it's tied into Beyond

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Am I the only one tired of “big name” writers? They rarely live up to the hype and more than often disappoint. I prefer the lesser known writers that have a pre-existing passion for the character and knowledge of Spider-Man history. I feel they put more effort into their stories because they have more to prove too.
    You raise a very good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Am I the only one tired of “big name” writers? They rarely live up to the hype and more than often disappoint. I prefer the lesser known writers that have a pre-existing passion for the character and knowledge of Spider-Man history. I feel they put more effort into their stories because they have more to prove too.
    and they shouldnt have lofty expectations from fans either
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

I agree but depends on the writer type.Hickman/Ewing/Cates are in their prime rn and would be a W for most titles, whereas Slott/Bendis/Aaron are a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    and they shouldnt have lofty expectations from fans either
    True. Not-so-well-known writers can at least surprise us in more positive ways, whereas better-known writers are more likely to crash and burn these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True. Not-so-well-known writers can at least surprise us in more positive ways, whereas better-known writers are more likely to crash and burn these days.
    Honestly, after the last two issues of ASM, I’d be happy with Wells/Gleason being a permanent team on ASM after Beyond. I know that’s not happening though. (I guess Wells isn’t an unknown, but I don’t think he qualifies as a heavy-hitter either)

Honestly, after the last two issues of ASM, I’d be happy with Wells/Gleason being a permanent team on ASM after Beyond. I know that’s not happening though. (I guess Wells isn’t an unknown, but I don’t think he qualifies as a heavy-hitter either)
    That's reasonable enough.

Spooky & Monster stuff mixes surprisingly well with Spider-Man. I remember reading that story with Spiders stalking Peter, whatwashisname - The Thousand? Fun read. Also Lizard, Venom, Carnage, Vermin are basically Monsters.

The six arm saga is a pretty good spooky story in itself. Isolated and nearly abandoned Summer mansion, Morbius, the Lizard, six-arm spidey....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Spooky & Monster stuff mixes surprisingly well with Spider-Man. I remember reading that story with Spiders stalking Peter, whatwashisname - The Thousand? Fun read. Also Lizard, Venom, Carnage, Vermin are basically Monsters.
    I think the reason spooky and monster stuff mix so well with Spider-Man is that under the wrong circumstances, his origin story could have easily been the start of a horror story, and the only reason it didn't turn out like that was Peter being confronted early enough with the consequences of power used selfishly and irresponsibly in the form of the thief who killed his Uncle Ben, whom he'd previously dismissed as not being his problem.

Spooky and supernatural stuff was more or less Todd MacFarlane's pitch for his adjectiveless Spidey book back in the 90's, wasn't it?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The more spooky Spidey the better!

Weren't the 90's a spooky age a bit? I remember few stories like Torment being pretty creepy.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

First issue was great! Interested to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Spooky and supernatural stuff was more or less Todd MacFarlane's pitch for his adjectiveless Spidey book back in the 90's, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Weren't the 90's a spooky age a bit? I remember few stories like Torment being pretty creepy.
    Yeah, and right after that was the two-part arc with Hobgoblin (still demonically possessed at the time) and Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch/Noble Kale).