Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Read Cap America and the Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing. Jason is established as a characther in his Migthy Avengers book prior to it and i think that some parts of Beyond where established there, but they are the main bad guy in his Cap and Avengeres team book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Beyon...n_(Multiverse)

You can read the stories but this summary will do the trick.Peter was a part of this as well
    Thanks, I'll give these stories and/or the synopsis a look!

Incredible Member

Something happened with the mail today, so my comic shop didn’t get all their books. Guess I’ll get my copy tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed it, I love Kelly's writing, Im enjoying her Black Widow and I heard People getting in Captain Marvel because of her writing. I mean I like the dialogue, Ben and Janine dialogue is cute. I like the usage of Morbius and very curious how this goes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I enjoyed it, I love Kelly's writing, Im enjoying her Black Widow and I heard People getting in Captain Marvel because of her writing. I mean I like the dialogue, Ben and Janine dialogue is cute. I like the usage of Morbius and very curious how this goes.
    Generally cosigned, though speaking of Ben and Janine, Janine does raise a good point about being in a gilded cage, especially with this "Maxine Danger" making it clear on behalf of Beyond Corp that they're not going to tolerate Ben deviating from the agenda Beyond has planned out for him as their sponsored superhero. That said, given Peter's radioactive spider-blood makes a permanent vampiric conversion impossible for him, and Ben is still a clone of Peter, I'm not so worried about Ben becoming a vampire . . . although I do wonder what kind of reaction might be caused by Morbius's bite interacting with the more spidery bits of Ben's DNA. Beyond that (pun somewhat intended), I'm wondering who Aunt May will be turning to for help getting Peter better, and good on Felicia for looking in on Peter, which I'd guess sets the stage for her later appearances in Death of Doctor Strange: Spider-Man, Mary Jane/Black Cat Beyond, and ASM 87. Wouldn't mind seeing more training sessions with Ben and the Daughters of the Dragon, by the way, nor would I mind more therapy sessions between Ben and Dr. Ashley Kafka.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned, though speaking of Ben and Janine, Janine does raise a good point about being in a gilded cage, especially with this "Maxine Danger" making it clear on behalf of Beyond Corp that they're not going to tolerate Ben deviating from the agenda Beyond has planned out for him as their sponsored superhero. That said, given Peter's radioactive spider-blood makes a permanent vampiric conversion impossible for him, and Ben is still a clone of Peter, I'm not so worried about Ben becoming a vampire . . . although I do wonder what kind of reaction might be caused by Morbius's bite interacting with the more spidery bits of Ben's DNA. Beyond that (pun somewhat intended), I'm wondering who Aunt May will be turning to for help getting Peter better, and good on Felicia for looking in on Peter, which I'd guess sets the stage for her later appearances in Death of Doctor Strange: Spider-Man, Mary Jane/Black Cat Beyond, and ASM 87. Wouldn't mind seeing more training sessions with Ben and the Daughters of the Dragon, by the way, nor would I mind more therapy sessions between Ben and Dr. Ashley Kafka.
    According to the Solicits, our good pal Otto Octavius

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Ben's memory loss. Do you guys think is part of the Beyond corp. plan? And on that nota, is Dr. Kafka helping them to do it?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    According to the Solicits, our good pal Otto Octavius
    It also sounds like they might rekindle their old romance.

Speaking of Ben's memory loss. Do you guys think is part of the Beyond corp. plan? And on that nota, is Dr. Kafka helping them to do it?
    It's possible. Given Beyond Corp's history, I wouldn't put anything past them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Maybe they're trying to "empty" Ben to possess him?
    Could be. But I wager they are trying to alter his memories so he is easier to control and toes the corporate line. That constant psychiatrist sessions are to ensure this. This issue made it clear that Beyond won't tolerate Ben deviating from whatever script they are working towards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's out of practice and out of his depth w/ hero work and being w/ a corp.Not to mention Peter has been much more active for way longer now, Ben is def. less seasoned than current Peter.

Ben does mention he might have gotten an amp, even if not have we seen anything that can stop his fangs yet?
    Ben's suit is kinetic absorption, maybe sharper objects work better?
    Maybe Beyond set this up to test him?Maybe beyond provided Morbius w/ the possible amps?
    Morbius' current condition was caused by trying to cure his vampirism. Instead it backfired and his hunger was amplified ten fold. I think the bite thing is a fake out anyway. The suit probably has numerous safeguards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That said, given Peter's radioactive spider-blood makes a permanent vampiric conversion impossible for him, and Ben is still a clone of Peter, I'm not so worried about Ben becoming a vampire . . . although I do wonder what kind of reaction might be caused by Morbius's bite interacting with the more spidery bits of Ben's DNA. Beyond that (pun somewhat intended),
    I just remembered that Peter was bitten by Morbius just a couple months after the 90s clone saga ended. He got vertigo for a while and it turned out he just had an (easily treatable) middle-ear infection from it.

I wonder if Beyond has threatened to trigger a clone degeneration in her as she is a clone and not the real Kafka (who is dead). Or maybe they’re holding something else over her. In the 90s, she seemed like she was a woman of integrity even refusing to see who Spidey really was when he freaked out and came to her for help without his mask. So I’m also curious why she’s helping Beyond. I suppose it’s also possible that like Ben, Misty and Colleen, she has no idea they’re shady, but she seems too smart for that.

Spectacular Member

Thankfully I'm about ten issues behind, back at a time in which the art was still decent and storylines made some sense.

Considering that Spiderman 3 is coming out soon, one would think that Marvel would want one of their flagship titles to have a quality team at work, but I guess they figure the movie will draw regardless and people will just buy the books anyways.

Sigh

does the movies actually help comic sales? I'm under the impression that they barely changed anything. Except which comics come out and what change to the character to fit the current movie. Like Eternals movies is coming out we get Eternal books but do they even sell?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

I really liked Ben telling a story about before he was Spider-Man. I don't think it needed that awkward bit about the "friend" in a similar situation. The attempted comedy tripped up the sentimental moment.

Regardless, those are the moments that make me feel like this is Peter-on-a-different-path but with the same anchor.

Loved this line:
    "Do you want to be Spider-Man, Ben? Or do you want to be the scraggly-sad-not-quite-got-it-together-ALMOST Spider-Man who shows up every once in a while and asks friends for money?"

That moment. Where he pauses and says "I AM Spider-Man" That's where they got him.

Maxine Danger knows Ben's biggest insecurity is that he's NOT the real Spider-Man. Now he's all in.

Did I miss something or did the cover have.... nothing to do with the issue? Ben's only fights were sparring with Misty and Colleen and then "Michael" at the end.

The preview art luckily was the worst in the issue - while not as detailed as her best work, Sara's closeups and action shots were still pretty good. However it definitely feels like the colorist has made Ben's hair a little darker and showing more of his roots than the past few issues, which have all had him pretty blonde.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Did I miss something or did the cover have.... nothing to do with the issue? Ben's only fights were sparring with Misty and Colleen and then "Michael" at the end.

The preview art luckily was the worst in the issue - while not as detailed as her best work, Sara's closeups and action shots were still pretty good. However it definitely feels like the colorist has made Ben's hair a little darker and showing more of his roots than the past few issues, which have all had him pretty blonde.
    The cover was about Colleen's sword and Misty's metal arm. Misleading, sure. But accurate in a "clever" way