Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man 77 Preview

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...pider-man-77#1

Meh, art is mid and so is the writing.Can tell the diff. from the first 2 issues.

Also how are these 2 a challenge to Ben, I know he's not as good as Peter w/ all the gap where he wasn't around but even so his powers and webs on top should make this child's play.I was hoping for better training w/ how Beyond has been portrayed.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-22-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Meh, art is mid and so is the writing.Can tell the diff. from the first 2 issues.

Also how are these 2 a challenge to Ben, I know he's not as good as Peter w/ all the gap where he wasn't around but even so his powers and webs on top should make this child's play.I was hoping for better training w/ how Beyond has been portrayed.
    Can't judge the writing with only 4 pages. Pichelli's art seems pretty rushed here. I loved his art. Maybe there was some rush caused by deadlines?

Wouldn't read much into this some other writer can make it where he doesnt struggle at all. But then again they arent scrubs either so it could be more of a testament to their skills as opposed to bens
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I wonder if that shadowy figure will be someone we know or a new character

Spectacular Member

UGH!!!!! At this point by the time they get to #100 they will give us stickmen art.

BANNED

Art is absolutely rough which is a shame.

Writing, hard to judge.

The story pretty unsubtly suggests that Ben is distracted and that's part of what is affecting his performance in training. Not unexpected as he's always had imposter syndrome and struggled accepting that he deserves to live and that being a clone doesn't make him less of a person. He's also likely upset about Peter's condition and how he signed up to be another Spidey and not THE Spidey. I am sure part of why Ben took the gig was the safety net of Peter being around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Could it actually be Carolyn Trainer?

The hair may be a giveaway.

-Pav, who would welcome her back with open arms (but only two)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

isnt that the psychiatrics?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I think it’s Spidey’s eyes on the first page that’s messing up everyone. What the hell is the artist doing with the eyes? As for the writing, nothing to really judge. I do think it’s out of character for Misty to be shooting live rounds at Spidey… accidents do happen. I’ll definitely buy the issues from the other writers and give them a fair shot, but I’ve had the suspicion since this was announced that Zeb Wells’s issues would be the strongest. We’ll see.

Extraordinary Member

Can't judge the writing with only 4 pages. Pichelli's art seems pretty rushed here. I loved his art. Maybe there was some rush caused by deadlines?
    I like it too but w/ how many artists there are on this if it's still rushed then that's a massive editorial fail.
    I feel there's a diff. in writing noticeable enough, maybe that's because we have't seen Ben's inner monologue yet and/or Zeb writing on characters is amazing even in stuff like hellions while this feels generic banter at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wouldn't read much into this some other writer can make it where he doesnt struggle at all. But then again they arent scrubs either so it could be more of a testament to their skills as opposed to bens
    Still it's 2 peak humans w/ a sword and a handgun.Ben should statue them(specially if he has Spider-sense), not a biggie but feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post

Writing, hard to judge.

The story pretty unsubtly suggests that Ben is distracted and that's part of what is affecting his performance in training. Not unexpected as he's always had imposter syndrome and struggled accepting that he deserves to live and that being a clone doesn't make him less of a person. He's also likely upset about Peter's condition and how he signed up to be another Spidey and not THE Spidey. I am sure part of why Ben took the gig was the safety net of Peter being around.
    Agreed, I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Could it actually be Carolyn Trainer?

The hair may be a giveaway.

-Pav, who would welcome her back with open arms (but only two)...
    Thought so too but she just got beaten in SW so IDK how they jump from that to this so quick.

Astonishing Member

She seems to be above Marcus in the Corporate chain too

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post

Writing, hard to judge.

That does make more sense, characterization-wise. It's not like Spider-Man proper hasn't had off days brought on by him not having his head fully in the fight because he's distraught over something that happened in his life as Peter Parker, not to mention that sufficiently skilled fighters in the Marvel Universe have been able to keep up with him in the past despite his powers. Hell, Shang-Chi taught Spider-Man martial arts so he would be able to better keep up with trained fighters even without his spider-sense or who would assume he was helpless without his powers (one of the better ideas in Dan Slott's Spider-Man run), and the Daughters of the Dragon, obscure as they are compared to some of the bigger names of the MU, shouldn't be dismissed completely out of hand.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That does make more sense, characterization-wise. It's not like Spider-Man proper hasn't had off days brought on by him not having his head fully in the fight because he's distraught over something that happened in his life as Peter Parker, not to mention that sufficiently skilled fighters in the Marvel Universe have been able to keep up with him in the past despite his powers. Hell, Shang-Chi taught Spider-Man martial arts so he would be able to better keep up with trained fighters even without his spider-sense or who would assume he was helpless without his powers (one of the better ideas in Dan Slott's Spider-Man run), and the Daughters of the Dragon, obscure as they are compared to some of the bigger names of the MU, shouldn't be dismissed completely out of hand.
    Peter being contested closely by Peak humans is PIS same as Peter contesting against firelord.
    Shang taught him how to fight against other Spider-foes, trained and not.Dan Slott being who he is treats all Spider powers at the same level, as in Jessica Drew is on the same level as Peter physically which is just untrue.

I don't disagree they could put up a small challenge to a distracted Ben, but they treat this as extensive training in the preview.We'll learn more when it comes out ofc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Peter being contested closely by Peak humans is PIS same as Peter contesting against firelord.
    Shang taught him how to fight against other Spider-foes, trained and not.Dan Slott being who he is treats all Spider powers at the same level, as in Jessica Drew is on the same level as Peter physically which is just untrue.

I don't disagree they could put up a small challenge to a distracted Ben, but they treat this as extensive training in the preview.We'll learn more when it comes out ofc.
    True enough, and if he is in training with the Daughters of the Dragon, then it might be that he's not taking it as seriously as he should, even if he's distracted by worrying about Peter's condition.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Well, he's blaming it on his own hubris