Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I'm guessing the memory thing has something to do with the faceless Uncle Ben from #75.

Also, Ben really went down like a chump there.

BANNED

This was alright. Not explosively fun and good like the opening. But better than the ASM standard of like the last 10 years.

I don't like Ben losing his Peter memories. Hopefully that isn't setting up a long term thing.

Also, are we all on the same page that Morbius's fangs pretty obviously won't be able to penetrate Ben's new costume which has been shown to take bullets and mini nukes and all that jazz.

Astonishing Member

It seems pretty obvious that Beyond is erasing Ben's memories, looking at the plot side of things.
    On an editorial level, maybe they're trying to make Ben more different to Peter. Just a thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    It seems pretty obvious that Beyond is erasing Ben's memories, looking at the plot side of things.
    On an editorial level, maybe they're trying to make Ben more different to Peter. Just a thought.
    I imagine so. It's often what the bad decision crew (editorial) goes for.

At this point though I am way more interested in how Ben is similar to Peter. They have had widly different lives after the initial Clone story. Part of the appeal of Ben is taking Peter Parker and showing who that person is with a different life experience. Add a dash of imposter syndrome and the question "Was Uncle Ben's impact on Peter so profound it can shape Ben, who didn't actually live that life or hear those words".

To make Ben just another dude with Spidey powers is imo a giant step towards irrelevance. And I don't trust the Spidey office enough to not suspect this whole thing ends in a way that pisses on us Ben fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Should Ben really sound this... amateurish?
    He's out of practice and out of his depth w/ hero work and being w/ a corp.Not to mention Peter has been much more active for way longer now, Ben is def. less seasoned than current Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    This was alright. Not explosively fun and good like the opening. But better than the ASM standard of like the last 10 years.

I don't like Ben losing his Peter memories. Hopefully that isn't setting up a long term thing.

Also, are we all on the same page that Morbius's fangs pretty obviously won't be able to penetrate Ben's new costume which has been shown to take bullets and mini nukes and all that jazz.
    Ben does mention he might have gotten an amp, even if not have we seen anything that can stop his fangs yet?
    Ben's suit is kinetic absorption, maybe sharper objects work better?
    Maybe Beyond set this up to test him?Maybe beyond provided Morbius w/ the possible amps?

Astonishing Member

At this point though I am way more interested in how Ben is similar to Peter. They have had widly different lives after the initial Clone story. Part of the appeal of Ben is taking Peter Parker and showing who that person is with a different life experience. Add a dash of imposter syndrome and the question "Was Uncle Ben's impact on Peter so profound it can shape Ben, who didn't actually live that life or hear those words".

To make Ben just another dude with Spidey powers is imo a giant step towards irrelevance. And I don't trust the Spidey office enough to not suspect this whole thing ends in a way that pisses on us Ben fans.
    I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. That said, I hope we're wrong.

BANNED

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. That said, I hope we're wrong.
    The line "I don't know who either of us would be without them... those relationships" leads me to believe we might be seeing an exploration of this. It will likely come up harder when Kraven drugs Ben next arc

I'm also now intrigued by Beyond's headquarters. I am guessing when Ben goes through the seal he's passing between universes or something.

Extraordinary Member

I hope beyond shows the similarities and diff. in Peter and Ben, that said after Beyond that aspect burns out and new fans won't come for it.Ofc he has his old ones, so to keep both happy you do have to have him grow leading to being a bit more diff. than Peter but not to much.Really want to see how this ends for Ben

I thought memories forgotten were clone degradation btw, not sure why but that's where my mind went

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm guessing the memory thing has something to do with the faceless Uncle Ben from #75.

Also, Ben really went down like a chump there.
    Definitely connected...but wasn't that Peter's dream? Does that mean he's being effected by whatever's happening to Ben too?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Definitely connected...but wasn't that Peter's dream? Does that mean he's being effected by whatever's happening to Ben too?
    There's also this

"No one is talking about this but in issue 75 the Uncle Ben we see w/ the hollow face is exactly like when Beyond Corp possesed Jason's body(right side since the first pick wasn't showing).

"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There's also this

"No one is talking about this but in issue 75 the Uncle Ben we see w/ the hollow face is exactly like when Beyond Corp possesed Jason's body(right side since the first pick wasn't showing).

"
    Maybe they're trying to "empty" Ben to possess him?

There's also this

"
    Seriously if this are the same guys that we saw in CA: Mighty Avengenres by Eiwing, Peter and Ben are outmatched, these are the kind of guys that Doctor Strange should deal with not Spider-Men.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

There's also this

"
    I've never read a story with the Beyond Corp before. What are the relevant stories to look up?

I've never read a story with the Beyond Corp before. What are the relevant stories to look up?
    Read Cap America and the Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing. Jason is established as a characther in his Migthy Avengers book prior to it and i think that some parts of Beyond where established there, but they are the main bad guy in his Cap and Avengeres team book.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they're trying to "empty" Ben to possess him?
    Maybe, we still don't know how that works yet

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Seriously if this are the same guys that we saw in CA: Mighty Avengenres by Eiwing, Peter and Ben are outmatched, these are the kind of guys that Doctor Strange should deal with not Spider-Men.
    That's what I've been saying this whole time

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Beyon...n_(Multiverse)

You can read the stories but this summary will do the trick.Peter was a part of this as well