Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC vs Vampires #1 preview and discussion

Another Halloween, another horror themed Elseworld’s miniseries. Before those who hated DCeased run off, just remember this is an entirely different creative team (written by James Tynion and Matthew Rosenberg with Art by Otto Schmidt).

Also this will probably be nice if like me you were a fan of I, Vampire during New 52 because Andrew Bennett is here. Now let’s just hope that Hal Jordan survives the first issue...the man does not fair well in Elseworlds. I will say it’s a good sign that we are starting out with characters like Zan and Hal.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/dc-vs-vampires-1-preview/
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-22-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's nice to see Andrew back and Hal in a prominent role .

So has Hal ever actually met Andrew Bennett? I can’t imagine there was ever a point where Hal met a vampire.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So has Hal ever actually met Andrew Bennett? I can’t imagine there was ever a point where Hal met a vampire.
    He's probably known to the League but the only hero I remember him interacting with was Batman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

and JLD and Stormwatch

"I, Vampire" stop it's always awkward when they do that XD

Will this comic come up it a good excuse why Wonder Woman can't just lasso everyone in the Justice League and ask who the vampire is?

(Unless....she is the vampire...)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Will this comic come up it a good excuse why Wonder Woman can't just lasso everyone in the Justice League and ask who the vampire is?

(Unless....she is the vampire...)
    DC Among Us, here we come .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC Among Us, here we come .
    Remember that episode of Justice League

The J-man

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

There's no way Hal's making it out of this issue without getting bitten. That's how these things work. You take out the Big Guns first to raise the stakes. And it always...always comes down to the more street level characters in the end because the story wouldn't be particularly exciting otherwise.

At least we're getting some kickass Otto Shmidt art out of it though

If Superman becomes a vampire, wouldn't that make him exponentially weaker by kryptonian standards because he gets his power from the sun?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There's no way Hal's making it out of this issue without getting bitten. That's how these things work. You take out the Big Guns first to raise the stakes. And it always...always comes down to the more street level characters in the end because the story wouldn't be particularly exciting otherwise.

In this case, Batman .

I’d like to think his light powers would help with vampires but 1. Hal does not tend to fair well in elseworlds and 2,m. I’ve seen art of Sinestro murdered by vampires so....yeah don’t think Hal will do well. My money is on him being betrayed by Green Arrow.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Even if this is Elseworlds, I'm still worried for Hal.

I really hope Frankenstein and the Creature Commandos show up in this story. Would be a big missed opportunity if they didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If Superman becomes a vampire, wouldn't that make him exponentially weaker by kryptonian standards because he gets his power from the sun?
    I don’t think Superman can become a vampire. there was a story in SUPERMAN #180, where he met Dracula and when he bit Kal he exploded. Superman is fueled by a vampire’s weakness.

If these vampires can hypnotize people and turn them into their slaves, Superman could be a big target.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-25-2021 at 04:11 PM.

omg yayyy, I love Andrew! I literally just started re reading I, Vampire too actually! So underrated.