Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao I came here to say I’m starting to understand your paranoia, but here you are!

Story was good but eh it kind of feels like it’s going the cliche route of Batman and the other street heroes going up against the vampire superheroes. I’m sure there will be a “stunning” reveal of Superman being turned and there will be a Batman vs. Superman fight to wrap this up. Much as I rag on Taylor, killing Batman off at least shook things up from what I expected in DCeased. Given this is a conspiracy it really should be WW taking point on this.
    Big chances it will happened judging from the upcoming solicitations
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...-vs-vampires-4

I wonder how the enemies execute their plan. The big guns at Justice League and JLD is on the target list
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 10-26-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hey come on now, I'm not that bad dammit! You should see some of those twitter stans.
    Yeah they’re having a rough go of it right now and taking it much worse than you lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I enjoyed this, surprisingly. I was just checking it out for the Otto Shmidt art and fully expected Hal to get killed at the end of the first issue as the sacrificial lamb to establish the stakes (no pun intended). So, I was genuinely surprised by the twist. Unlike some of my fellow Hal fans, I don't necessarily have a problem with Hal as a villain, as long as the story is good that includes a solid justification for Hal becoming evil. Him being turned into a vampire certainly qualifies. Emerald Twilight was decidedly not that.

Having Hal be a vampire secretly working within the League while Ollie is lurking in the shadows seems like a really juicy idea. My guess is we'll be getting a flashback to Hal & Ollie's first encounter with the Big Bad so we'll get to see how Hal went down, which likely involved saving Ollie.

Alright, DC vs Vampires, you just earned yourself one more issue.

I thought it was ok. That was a unexpected gruesome death.

Unless the vampires are a hive mind I think it’s pretty ridiculous that they immediately turn against humanity. Did Hal becomes a vampires and then shouts “kill all humans!”? Andrew Bennett is proof that not all vampires are going to join the cult.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-26-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Putting it that way, I could totally have seen the DCAU crew doing an episode about that.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tenth_Circle

That story had the big showdown moment be WW vs Vampire Thrall Superman. Then Supes gets freed from mind control and the rEAL fight begins... Yeah, the Master Vampire Crucifer's plan was to find humans with latent super powers that the elder vampire spirits could posses. Then the JL has to fight Vampires who are possessing civilians who had latent powers that were brought out by the Vampires. So traditional superhero vampire powers... plus some.

For extra challenge to the heroes... this isn't Zombie apocalypse rules. So the Vampires... are people to be saved, not monsters to slay(IIRC). So the League can't stake most of them... they have to use non-lethal force to subdue Vampires. Oh yeah, THAT made a vampire story fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I thought it was ok. That was a unexpected gruesome death.

Unless the vampires are a hive mind I think it’s pretty ridiculous that they immediately turn against humanity. Did Hal becomes a vampires and then shouts “kill all humans!”? Andrew Bennett is proof that not all vampires are going to join the cult.
    I think there's more to it than that. It sure seems like there's a larger villain at play that can enthrall the vampires they create. Otherwise, the story would be pretty dull. It would just be superheroes being superheroes who also happen to be vampires.

As for Andrew Bennett, it literally took him centuries to regain some semblance of his former humanity. To have any hero who's turned into a vampire simply shrug it off wouldn't be very interesting.

I'm assuming that this is approaching the way Buffy The Vampire Slayer did, where the human's soul is replaced by a demonic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think there's more to it than that. It sure seems like there's a larger villain at play that can enthrall the vampires they create. Otherwise, the story would be pretty dull. It would just be superheroes being superheroes who also happen to be vampires.

As for Andrew Bennett, it literally took him centuries to regain some semblance of his former humanity. To have any hero who's turned into a vampire simply shrug it off wouldn't be very interesting.

I'm assuming that this is approaching the way Buffy The Vampire Slayer did, where the human's soul is replaced by a demonic one.
    What if Martian Manhunter is the new head vampire?!? He would be insanely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

The Tenth Circle story had as the Master Vampire a guy named Crucifer who had the ability to force any lesser vampires to serve him. So you had to purify the vampiric influence from the heroes affected, it wasn't as easy as overwhelming Crucifer's control.

I feel for Hal fans. I have little faith there are good things in store for Wonder Woman. Tynion wrote a decent Diana in Justice League Dark, and I have more faith in him than I did Tom Taylor in DCeased (or in general), but these types of stories tend not to be kind to her.

The future solicits implying it's going to come down to the street-level billionaires like Batman & Green Arrow to save the world from the easily corrupted gods don't inspire confidence either.

These kind of stories, arguably more than any other comic books, feel like fan fics in the sense that if your favorite character(s) happen to be the same as the authors, then it might be a fun read. That's true for almost any and every mainstream superhero comic, but at least with main continuity stories, the author might at least try (or pretend) to give every character their due.

It's basically a gloried Top 20 list. The "suspense" is whether the character(s) you like will be in the top five. If not...eh, go screw yourself.
    And it gets really tedious when the number one spot just turns out to be Batman. Again.

Well i am intrigued to say the least, the explanation on how Hal can operate in broad daylight makes send but i am wondering why the ring stays on him, i mean he is essentially undead is he not?

Also, Ollie clearly knows there are vampire plot are afoot if the panel showing him outside in broad daylight just as Andrew arrives is proof that he will be one of our main heroes here along side Batman, though for how long is anyone's guess.

I will say it was good to see that Andrew was paranoid enough to contact Batman beforehand, though now my question is those that take place before or after the meeting Batman sets up...i want to believe it is before the meeting and therefore Bats will reveal at least one traitor (or several) before going on the run with Ollie.

So here is a couple more questions i have, how soon is WWgoing to be turned and by who? And who else thinks we get hypnotized Superman as opposed to Super Vampire Man? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What if Martian Manhunter is the new head vampire?!? He would be insanely powerful.
    That would be a cool reveal and make a lot of sense. Because, otherwise, J'Onn would almost immediately pick up that something was off about Hal.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope it turns out Looker set this whole thing up to become Queen of the Vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i am intrigued to say the least, the explanation on how Hal can operate in broad daylight makes send but i am wondering why the ring stays on him, i mean he is essentially undead is he not?
    Englehart had a GL who'd died but his ring kept him going, essentially a Zombie Lantern.

I don't know how the rings would react to vampirism.

BANNED

It is clear that in DC you are only worth as a hero if you are on the street, if you have a little power you become a villain or they control you. great power entails great uselessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Also, Ollie clearly knows there are vampire plot are afoot if the panel showing him outside in broad daylight just as Andrew arrives is proof that he will be one of our main heroes here along side Batman, though for how long is anyone's guess.

I will say it was good to see that Andrew was paranoid enough to contact Batman beforehand, though now my question is those that take place before or after the meeting Batman sets up...i want to believe it is before the meeting and therefore Bats will reveal at least one traitor (or several) before going on the run with Ollie.

So here is a couple more questions i have, how soon is WWgoing to be turned and by who? And who else thinks we get hypnotized Superman as opposed to Super Vampire Man? Anyone? Anyone at all?
    Don’t think the rings discriminate, long as you can overcome great fear and the Guardians don’t yank your ring from you (which can still take time even if you’re clearly out of control as seen with Sinestro), you can pretty much be and do whatever you want.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/