Astonishing Member

Default Do You Think Marvel Should Experiment With Elseworld Movies?

Do you think Marvel should experiment with movies that take place outside the MCU? Or do you think it’s not necessary? DC found great success with Joker, and I wouldn’t mind an elseworlds Doom movie that takes place outside the MCU. What about you guys? Yay or nay?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Spectacular Member

Definitely! Or even as a disney+ series/special. It'd also allow them the chance to tell stories with characters that are dead in the main MCU e.g. Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther and Black Widow.

I'd love to see MC2 in a movie or series

I'm hoping they make animated series without the MCU aesthetic. Like Avengers: EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men. Anything that fully utilizes and synthesize the universe's mythos. Also doing more stand alone animated movies.

If this means I can get another T’Challa then sure.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Disney's "What If" was lame because they are restricted by using the same characters and they don't want to add anyone outside of their movies. Disney has to make a new cartoon for Marvel that isn't related 100% to the movies and actually pit money into it. The Secret Warriors show had no cell shading and looked flat.

If they make stories based off comics, yes. But they have to build up every character, etc. Venom was a "What If Spider-Man and the Avengers Didn't Exist?" movie.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Disney's "What If" was lame because they are restricted by using the same characters and they don't want to add anyone outside of their movies. Disney has to make a new cartoon for Marvel that isn't related 100% to the movies and actually pit money into it. The Secret Warriors show had no cell shading and looked flat.

If they make stories based off comics, yes. But they have to build up every character, etc. Venom was a "What If Spider-Man and the Avengers Didn't Exist?" movie.
    Agreed. Same thing with the last Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD's Marvel Universe lineup. I'd mention, though, that the Venom movies were exclusively under Sony and therefore not allowed (barring a certain mid-credits scene in Let There Be Carnage) to reference --- much less use --- Spider-Man and the Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

What exactly are you asking when you say MCU? Do you mean on the universe that we have been following mainly, or are you asking if something that is completely not connected? If it is the former then yes, and while some might say Marvel What if... is there a whole movie would be cool as well. A Squadron Supreme being in another universe makes sense. If it is the other there being absolutely no connection then no.

They should do animated movies like DC do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman