Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Do You Think Titans Should’ve Been A Movie Instead Of A Show?

I just finished the Titans finale, and I was just wondering does anyone feel Titans should’ve been done as a movie instead of a show? Because I’m watching Titans and man, does a lot of it feel cheap. VFX heavy stuff like Trigon, Beast Boy, Starfire are really stuff that I feel should’ve been given a good budget to pull off properly. I think the Titans comics really lend themselves to a more larger than life handling. I’m curious for your thoughts on this.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No, I think a television series works just fine, but the Titans show has been a bit of a letdown so far for me.
    The writing isn't clicking and the shows feels quite disjointed.
    I also agree the special effects are very average. Trigon in particular was an ENORMOUS letdown.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

TV format is fine. They just need a better.....well.......everything.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    TV format is fine. They just need a better.....well.......everything.
    Yeah pretty much this.

In the before times only a movie budget could provide the necessary special effects, but TV production is now at a point where they can properly adapt superheroes.

It's just the writing and direction of the Titans is rather crappy.

Extraordinary Member

It's not because of the format. It's the obvious lack of budget. They need more money to bring in better VFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I just finished the Titans finale, and I was just wondering does anyone feel Titans should’ve been done as a movie instead of a show? Because I’m watching Titans and man, does a lot of it feel cheap. VFX heavy stuff like Trigon, Beast Boy, Starfire are really stuff that I feel should’ve been given a good budget to pull off properly. I think the Titans comics really lend themselves to a more larger than life handling. I’m curious for your thoughts on this.
    I don't know that this show 's vision would be good in any medium.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Titans problem is that it has people working on it that doesn't care for the source material. Every direction and choice on that show is terrible. The production is god awful as well.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Sure. It would end sooner that way.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

As others have said here, it doesn't matter as long as the writers and directors remain in place.

I don't have an issue with the acting or the costumes, but the writing is as bad as it gets. I want so badly to like the show and each new season I hope they've learned their lesson and will hire some good writers at least. The direction is bad but the writing is god-awful.

I honestly cannot believe it's getting a fourth season. I can't even believe that HBO Max is running it. It's bad for their reputation.

Doom Patrol, on the other hand, is wonderful. And both started on and were produced by DCU so it's hard to believe that money is the issue.

Astonishing Member

Titans needs better plot, character development and writing to be viable. The fact that its getting a fourth season is ridiculous, when better shows over the years got cancelled too early. Despite its flaws, I am morbidly curious about what they're going to do in Season 4. So far every season except the first one was a variation of Judas Contract, hopefully they do something different.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Give me a movie inspired by Titans Hunt and Titans Rebirth : The Return of Wally West. That’s all I’ll ever ask. Twister could be a really good Pennywise-like villain and I just love the spooky stories we used to find in the pages of Teen Titans.

No, im glad its a show. I think thats a better format for it. Problem is this CW formula.

Incredible Member

I would actually prefer a movie. The Titans just won an award in Britain so they are hugely popular and recognized around the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, im glad its a show. I think thats a better format for it. Problem is this CW formula.
    For all their flaws, CW shows have better plots and character development than Titans.