Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Symbiote spider man

I can't find a thread on this, if there is one, so I'd like to comment on the series. Basically, I'm loving all the guest stars: spider man teaming up with the eternals,,( never met them before?) devil dinosaur and moon boy, deviants and karnilla, and the guilt hulk. I'm really enjoying this series.
    Last edited by protege; 10-24-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Same here, I don't think there is a thread for it yet btw so you're good there.

I enjoy it a lot, all the minis have been great and I hope they don't stop making them

BANNED

PAD is the only Spider-Man writer doing something worth reading nowadays. It certainly is the only one worth having on paper. So far I've only bought the trade of the first mini, but the other ones are at least enjoyable. I have no other Spider-Man comic (616) in my shelves, that doesn't predate OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I can't find a thread on this, if there is one, so I'd like to comment on the series. Basically, I'm loving all the guest stars: spider man teaming up with the eternals,,( never met them before?) devil dinosaur and moon boy, deviants and karnilla, and the guilt hulk. I'm really enjoying this series.
    Agreed, I love seeing the more unique guest stars and villains that appear in this book, such as the team up with Monica Rambeau and Kang the Conqueror.

Admittedly, I am also an easy mark for anytime Peter suits up in the cool black suit and/or romances the Black Cat.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

PAD playing in his own little Spidey world .

BANNED

very underrated series. Good stuff with a 90's vibe. PAD know his craft

BANNED

90's? It's set in the 80's, which is when he wrote Spider-Man. In the 90's, he moved to SM2099. Not that his writing changed much, he was seasoned enough not to be influenced by fad.

Astonishing Member

After the current arc about "Crossroads", I would like to see another arc.

I have to say, the dream world with a redhaired Black Cat called a lot my attention. I only wish we would have had it with the correct "redhaired" (Mary Jane) instead of Natasha. I keep my fingers crossed, just in case.

Astonishing Member

Is this set in an alternate reality or when Spidey had the symbiote in the 616?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is this set in an alternate reality or when Spidey had the symbiote in the 616?
    It's set in 616, one of these mini's had all of reality being altered on 616 though

Is the whole thing drawn by Greg Land? 'Cause while the idea of it sounds fine, I really don't like putting up with Greg Land...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Is the whole thing drawn by Greg Land? 'Cause while the idea of it sounds fine, I really don't like putting up with Greg Land...
    It is, I don't like most of his work but it fits in this series and the creative team has become something of a staple for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah is that one, i only read the first mini and is a very mixed bag in my opinion, first issue is meh, second is good, third is meh, fourth is good and fith is meh again lol. There are some nice moments there and genuine quality, but i would said that is just decent at best. Also, i think that the second series had Spidey doing the Tenshihan multiplication technique lol. Maybe i need to read it to understand the context, but everything i heard about the second mini sounds like thing went into a really odd direction lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It is, I don't like most of his work but it fits in this series and the creative team has become something of a staple for this.
    How is his lazily drawn, overly recycled style fitting with this series? Unless he actually improved?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah is that one, i only read the first mini and is a very mixed bag in my opinion, first issue is meh, second is good, third is meh, fourth is good and fith is meh again lol.
    So every pair numbered issue is worth a read, got it .

There are some nice moments there and genuine quality, but i would said that is just decent at best.
    Is it "decent but a fun enough read" or "decent but not enough for Greg Land to be tolerable"?

Also, i think that the second series had Spidey doing the Tenshihan multiplication technique lol.
    Haha, clone saga foreshadowing .

Maybe i need to read it to understand the context, but everything i heard about the second mini sounds like thing went into a really odd direction lol.
    Well, I heard something about Peter visiting an universe where Felicia is fused with MJ, or maybe that was an acid trip he's having 'cause symbiote... I dunno, I just remembered seeing a redhead Black Cat and thinking "Woah, the suit being dark red does not look good".
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-03-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Is it "decent but a fun enough read" or "decent but not enough for Greg Land to be tolerable"?
    Difficult to say, but i lean to the second one personally.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona