Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's possible, but I'd say 2023 is kinda early. 2025 would be the most likely scenario IMHO, but they may rush it if they yet again have concerns about media synergy.
    Rumors are about a new crisis in 2023, but not necessarely a reboot.
    Remember "Infinite Crisis" and "Final Crisis", they were almost back to back. And none of them induced a reboot.
    As for Metal, did it really introduce a reboot ? Not really, not like COIE or Flahpoint, so a true reboot in 2023 is very possible.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    As for Metal, did it really introduce a reboot ? Not really, not like COIE or Flahpoint, so a true reboot in 2023 is very possible.
    Metal did a de-boot.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I think we all have reboot fatigue.
    I want to see the stories go forward, the characters and relationships and world building to grow and advance.
    A reboot is the last thing I want, but if they ever do a hard reboot again, I hope they do it right this time and do it across the board, none of this wishy washy confusion where Superman and Wonder Woman get a hard reboot but Batman's history stays intact - but it all happened in the last few years because we want him to be under 30, so all his Robins were in and out of the Batcave in a couple of years, etc. And if they're really going to do it, let's do it with more diversity, no sense rebooting if you're not going to bring the franchise into the present.

So in order to get the best possible information, I asked the Magic 8-Ball. I asked this question 525,600 times but only got these five responses.

● It is certain.
    ● It is decidedly so.
    ● Without a doubt.
    ● Yes definitely.
    ● You may rely on it.

Finally, a Ouija board was delivered, unordered from Amazon and the pointed told me this following message"

"Its DC its what they do"

I still have my doubts though.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Metal did a de-boot.
    I like that word. It must be coined.
    Deboot. Deboot. Deboot.
    I really like how it sounds.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Infinite Crisis debooted things. Final Crisis debooted the multiple monitors out.

If you're gonna go convoluted Crisis again, yooo-hooo DC, I have that theory that Earth-0 is and has always been the original Earth-Two right here doing nothing that you're free to take. New and shiny retroactive reveals, you know you love it!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

But they already said that INFINITE FRONTIER will lead tô a ultimate crisis..It will began um March /22

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That's when we get SUPER FINAL SECRET INFINITE CRISIS WARS! where the entire multiverse just gets rebooted and the last 80 plus years never happened.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

At least until a new writing/editing team decides some of it comes back into reality.
    That is how we got it all happened.

I blame the COIE. That monstrosity begat all of this constant rebooting.
    How many times around here do we have to remind one another about what fits in the
    new reality and what doesn't? Who is alive and who is dead? We can look forward to all
    of that when the next reboot takes place.

If they do a real reboot it has to be a complete starting over, even Batman, or else it will
    only sow confusion. It must be taking the building down to the very foundation. That makes
    me dubious that DC will really do that.

I don't know if there will be a full reboot but I can definitely see a relaunch of titles after a big event. DC's sales have been stagnating for a while now. Batman is the only property that's selling. They have to do something to generate some interest in their flagship books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't know if there will be a full reboot but I can definitely see a relaunch of titles after a big event. DC's sales have been stagnating for a while now. Batman is the only property that's selling. They have to do something to generate some interest in their flagship books.

But really no matter what DC ends up doing, after a short time Batman still becomes the only property that sells the most.
    Even when sales were going down when King was writing at one point, they forced him to cut his original story so the Bat books would sell better again.
    I think that the Bat books must amount to about 50% or more of DCs total sales.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Either you can put up with the constant reminders soft/hard reboots or you don't, but is anyone truly excited for another one?

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    AMEN!
    REALLY didn't like his take.
    It's good to see I'm not alone. A crapload of corny nonsense. 'Hey, look! It's a Bat-monster truck!' *rolls eyes*
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I like that word. It must be coined.
    Deboot. Deboot. Deboot.
    If it becomes a thing, I'm totally taking credit.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!