Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't know. It depends what the reboot looks like.

Do we get a new Infinity book?
    Do we get a new JSA?
    Is Superman untangled, so it is onwards and upwards?

You can add your own list, but that is mine. I suspect that most of fandom is pretty much centered
    on those issues that you care about.

If anything I'd like to see the old universe continue and a new one start at the same time.

So let's say Bruce Wayne dies in the current timeline and Tim or Damian or someone takes over as Batman, but then there's also a new timeline where it's a young Bruce and Dick again as Batman and Robin. You could kinda do it across the board with Superman, Flash, and probably the whole Justice League.

Of course, it's always a pipe dream to imagine an ideal DC scenario for yourself, but that's how I'd like to see it handled, anyway.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

It's hard to see us going back to the very very beginning.
    I don't think we go back to a modern version of 1940-1941 of where these characters began.

But I can't claim to be in DC Comics corporate HQ.
    They keep issuing press releases telling us how great everything is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    If anything I'd like to see the old universe continue and a new one start at the same time.

So let's say Bruce Wayne dies in the current timeline and Tim or Damian or someone takes over as Batman, but then there's also a new timeline where it's a young Bruce and Dick again as Batman and Robin. You could kinda do it across the board with Superman, Flash, and probably the whole Justice League.

Of course, it's always a pipe dream to imagine an ideal DC scenario for yourself, but that's how I'd like to see it handled, anyway.
    IF makes this possible in ways it wasn’t before. And there could be a separate title that follows the current status quo. Alternately there could be a single title that follows the ‘rebooted’ universe while continuing with the current status quo everywhere else. Gotham Future State is not so far afield from that idea.

Regardless, as much as I’m enjoying seeing new and existing characters graduate to replace major characters, it seems very unlikely that we won’t get the major characters back into a place of prominence.

IF provides for having your cake and eating it too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    At least until a new writing/editing team decides some of it comes back into reality.
    That is how we got it all happened.

I blame the COIE. That monstrosity begat all of this constant rebooting.
    How many times around here do we have to remind one another about what fits in the
    new reality and what doesn't? Who is alive and who is dead? We can look forward to all
    of that when the next reboot takes place.

If they do a real reboot it has to be a complete starting over, even Batman, or else it will
    only sow confusion. It must be taking the building down to the very foundation. That makes
    me dubious that DC will really do that.
    I disagree, COIE did a lot of good things for DC and was a good story too.

It removed of some of the concepts that were available at the time, like Superman having the ability to make powers as he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    I disagree, COIE did a lot of good things for DC and was a good story too.

It removed of some of the concepts that were available at the time, like Superman having the ability to make powers as he goes.
    Whether COIE was good or bad and if it was the instigator/inspiration for the onslaught of reboot/relaunches and multiverse juggling DC is currently locked into are two different questions. It CAN legitimately be blamed for the current problems but still have been a good story.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think we all know what this means:

IT'S FOR SURE A RETURN TO THE NEW 52 UNIVERSE!!!!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    IF makes this possible in ways it wasn’t before. And there could be a separate title that follows the current status quo. Alternately there could be a single title that follows the ‘rebooted’ universe while continuing with the current status quo everywhere else. Gotham Future State is not so far afield from that idea.

Regardless, as much as I’m enjoying seeing new and existing characters graduate to replace major characters, it seems very unlikely that we won’t get the major characters back into a place of prominence.

IF provides for having your cake and eating it too.
    I would definitely like for that to happen. I'm all about having your cake and eating it too, especially with characters who are as sort of all-over-the-place, with fans who like them in as many variations, as the DC pantheon.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think we all know what this means:

IT'S FOR SURE A RETURN TO THE NEW 52 UNIVERSE!!!!
    I wouldn’t mind that, all things considered.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I think characters definitely need there histories, origins,characteristics and powers need brushed up some. Maybe not a full reboot, but use the wishy washy time and multiverse shenanigans stuff to straighten then up.

Oh and try not to mess them up again
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I wouldn’t mind that, all things considered.
    I would, we just got almost eveything back, do you want it all gone again?

Ey! Wait, wait, wait, wait, There are rumours of a reboot in 2023? From where are this rumours? First notice here

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

IMO the New 52 wasn't a true reboot since they kept the histories for Batman and GL.

And no I don't think they truly reboot their continuity. We'll continue to have events that tweak the timeline, but no hard reset.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    IMO the New 52 wasn't a true reboot since they kept the histories for Batman and GL.
    They didn't, though. They kept most of Geoff Johns GL and some of Grant Morrison Batman.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post

And no I don't think they truly reboot their continuity. We'll continue to have events that tweak the timeline, but no hard reset.
    The New 52 was the closest DC has ever come to a full-on, "start everything over from square one" reboot ever, by orders of magnitude. Batman kind of sort of held on to its past, but only until they could wrap up Morrison's run. And as for Green Lantern's history, it only held together only if you squinted and didn't ask too many questions.

I think the only thing that kept it from being a "pure" reboot is that any number of writers weren't aware that they were in the middle of a reboot while they were writing it