Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

As long as it's not Billy IDC who gets the job though to be honest I don't think Wanda needs it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Magik would be even less qualified. Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom both have extensive libraries of spells and arcana. I doubt she does.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-24-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I thought she was just ruler of the dark dimension. Not given a SS title. Originally there was only one SS at a time.
    There is one SS per dimension. As Clea is the Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension even though Dormammu rules it. SS is a formal title given to those who are seen as the most skilled and powerful of their dimension really that title doesn’t have anything to do with the Vishanti only when it comes to the Earth as the Vishanti sees the SS of Earth as their champion.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    There is one SS per dimension. As Clea is the Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension even though Dormammu rules it. SS is a formal title given to those who are seen as the most skilled and powerful of their dimension really that title doesn’t have anything to do with the Vishanti only when it comes to the Earth as the Vishanti sees the SS of Earth as their champion.
    Last time I read about the Sorcerer Supreme title itself it was a person per era, and not dimension. So things have changed drastically.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Last time I read about the Sorcerer Supreme title itself it was a person per era, and not dimension. So things have changed drastically.
    Yeah it really has. Even During the Last Days of Magic arc it mentioned the main antagonists going through different dimensions and universes killing the respective SS. Really I think a lot of fans, me included, would like to see Wanda take the title just as recognition of her power and skill both in universe and outside of it. For me if she would be SS the Vishanti recognize her as such they just won’t lend her their power, but expect her to rely on her own innate magic
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-24-2021 at 03:32 PM.

I would soooooo read a story where Dr Doom, Wanda, Billy, Magik, Selene, Dr Voodoo and any other magic user on earth duke it out to determine the next sorcerer supreme of earth even though it might be a total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I would soooooo read a story where Dr Doom, Wanda, Billy, Magik, Selene, Dr Voodoo and any other magic user on earth duke it out to determine the next sorcerer supreme of earth even though it might be a total nonsense.
    I can’t remember what run it was, but that’s actually how the SS is determined through a tournament. It would be nice to actually have a proper battle to see whom would claim the title yet that only happens every 10yrs.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-24-2021 at 03:54 PM.

I can’t remember what run it was, but that’s actually how the SS is determined through a tournament. It would be nice to actually have a proper battle to see whom would claim the title yet that only happens every 10yrs.
    I'd love to read that. I obviously need to get caught up on my SS lore.

I wanted a lot of them to work together on that Midnight Sons team that was teased at the end of Damnation.

Extraordinary Member

I am pretty sure Vishanti is at least involved in deciding who get to be Earth's SS, even though not all Earth SSs are from the Karma-Taj faction.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I can tell you exactly when that happens...

You need to read the GN Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment. The call goes out from the Aged Genghis and only those that can hear the message are summoned to the Trial of the Vishanti for Sorcerer Supreme. I would guess Ilyana Rasputin would be far too young and inexperienced to have ever heard the summons. Neither does Wanda hear the summons. Earlier in the GN , a flashback shows a young Victor von Doom encountered the Aged Genghis years ago on his way to Tibet after his experiment lead to his expulsion from the university.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-24-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can tell you exactly when that happens...

You need to read the GN Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment. The call goes out from the Aged Genghis and only those that can hear the message are summoned to the Trial of the Vishanti for Sorcerer Supreme. I would guess Ilyana Rasputin would be far too young and inexperienced to have ever heard the summons. Neither does Wanda hear the summons. Earlier in the GN , a flashback shows a young Victor von Doom encountered the Aged Genghis years ago on his way to Tibet after his experiment lead to his expulsion from the university.

I love how Doom uses his armor to analyze his opponents in that story. He's the only sorcerer in fiction I know that incorparates tech into his magic.

Can Magik and Clea even become sorcerer supreme of earth? Is it possible to be the sorcerer supreme of 2 different dimensions at the same time?
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-25-2021 at 12:06 AM.

I love how Doom uses his armor to analyze his opponents in that story. He's the only sorcerer in fiction I know that incorparates tech into his magic.

Can Magik and Clea even become sorcerer supreme of earth? Is it possible to be the sorcerer supreme of 2 different dimensions at the same time?
    Hmm... the Eye of Agamotto back in the story where Jericho Drumm became SS apparently had Magik on the list, but maybe that was one of the periods she wasn't in charge of Limbo? then again, it didn't choose her to be SS, soo... maybe the whole Limbo thing is why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Magik would be even less qualified. Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom both have extensive libraries of spells and arcana. I doubt she does.
    If Magik does it's stored in Limbo. She does have considerable experience as ruler of Limbo though.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 10-25-2021 at 02:38 AM.

if it is given to Wanda it cannot be arbitrarily taken away, to make her look dumb or "overwhelmed" again (see: 'no more mutants')

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am pretty sure Vishanti is at least involved in deciding who get to be Earth's SS, even though not all Earth SSs are from the Karma-Taj faction.
    Agamotto gave Eternity the Eye of Agamotto as part of the test for SS, so your right. I think there are several factors that go into it as well as different processes depending on circumstances. Though the Vishanti are the prime patrons of Earth’s SS.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-25-2021 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Mistakes