Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd have to agree with Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts. And I'd also throw in Bendis's Dark Avengers. It was fun while it lasted

Strikeforce morituri. New young hero joins the team to fight aliens and gets neat superpowers and a hero name. Twist. The powers will kill you in a year and someone else takes your place. You dread when the hero you like the most dies in the comic! They join even knowing they will die to save the earth from the aliens and live one year as a hero like in the comics and give their all.

Why is this not a tv show yet?

[IMG][/IMG]

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Fantastic Four
    Power Pack
    "Cable was right!"

I always liked the "All New, All Different X-Men" the best as far as Marvel team origins. I also have a soft spot for the origin of "Cap's Kooky Quartet" even though it is all silly stuff like writing letters asking to join and tying up butlers....
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Strikeforce morituri. New young hero joins the team to fight aliens and gets neat superpowers and a hero name. Twist. The powers will kill you in a year and someone else takes your place. You dread when the hero you like the most dies in the comic! They join even knowing they will die to save the earth from the aliens and live one year as a hero like in the comics and give their all.

Why is this not a tv show yet?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Well they DID try.

Some company bought the movie rights from Peter Gillis for the Sci Fi Network but nothing came of it and the buying company in now defunct.

It probably won't happen now because Disney would have to pay for those same rights. They can't just say "We are doing this" like they usually do with the work for hire properties.