Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Excalibur #25 - PREVIEW - Preparation for War

THE ONE TRUE KING RETURNS! And he’s here to exterminate the witchbreed! King Arthur and his army turn Otherworld into a battlefield-again. Backed into a corner, Betsy Braddock makes a desperate choice that will reshape the realm-and mutantkind-forever. The fate of the Starlight Citadel is at stake, and if the Citadel falls…so falls all reality.”

To's art is really good, I think he gives such a beautiful look for this series. Loved tha table with the toys, a thing we would see in classic Excalibur.

I'm enjoying this story, the culmination of all this political war between the realms, Merlyn against Saturnyne, the Britain Corps uniting, all this high fantasy. I hope they all get cool fight scenes and that we have a big finale. Tini did great work with the penultimate part of X of Swords, generating a lot of momentum for the last issue, so she has the ability to do the same here.

The Cover:

I absolutely adore this preview! Thanks for posting, Weather.

Maggie is such a star and I've really enjoyed how this battle has been going so far. The art is gorgeous as always.
    Give me a Braddock family book based in Otherworld any day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So they skipped a huge chunk of the battle and they're already losing? I don't get how Jaimie can't just instant win the whole thing.

Mighty Member

Well this is better than most issues, I will never get over jumping time and stuff happening off panel. The last page of the last issue was them really just starting to fight and the team in the middle. End. This issue, them somewhere else as the battle continues. So jarring in my opinion.

And one side note: why did we let Shatterstar go back to the long hair, ponytail and head pad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    THE ONE TRUE KING RETURNS! And he’s here to exterminate the witchbreed! King Arthur and his army turn Otherworld into a battlefield-again. Backed into a corner, Betsy Braddock makes a desperate choice that will reshape the realm-and mutantkind-forever. The fate of the Starlight Citadel is at stake, and if the Citadel falls…so falls all reality.”

Is the little girl Meggan and Brian's daughter Maggie (Margaret)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is the little girl Meggan and Brian's daughter Maggie (Margaret)?
    Yes that’s her

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Well this is better than most issues, I will never get over jumping time and stuff happening off panel. The last page of the last issue was them really just starting to fight and the team in the middle. End. This issue, them somewhere else as the battle continues. So jarring in my opinion.

And one side note: why did we let Shatterstar go back to the long hair, ponytail and head pad?
    Did you prefer that WWE monstrosity of a costume that he was forced to wear in X-Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

Maybe there's a small chance these aren't the first pages? They probably are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Did you prefer that WWE monstrosity of a costume that he was forced to wear in X-Factor?
    I don't see a WWE resemblance. But yes it was a better look.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I think Maggie has been shrinking throughout this book lol. I don't remember her being THAT small before. I mean, it's cute so I won't complain too much.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think Maggie has been shrinking throughout this book lol. I don't remember her being THAT small before. I mean, it's cute so I won't complain too much.
    And here I thought she had grown! Last I recalled she was a baby...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    And here I thought she had grown! Last I recalled she was a baby...
    Yeah she's been running around a bit in the series. I wonder what her mutant powers will be, if not only super intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I meeeean... true

lol@ "Don't spill juice!" Such a mom reaction
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Really not a fan of this storyline and what they are doing to Arthur and making Mordred an innocent victim. It reeks of cheesy deconstruction storytelling. I hope it resolves itself nicely because I've been enjoying Excalibur up until this storyline.