Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default TELL Me I’M WRONG!: Powergirl has the most functional Kryptonian costume.

People think Powergirl’s costume is silly and outlandish but is it? Kryptonians are near invulnerable Demi gods. So wearing a lot of armor is redundant at best, and impractical at worse. They also get their powers from absorbing sunlight. I could be wrong but just by the nature of their powers it seems like Powergirl and other kryptonians would wear less clothing not more. It’s funny that writers come up with all kinds of stupid reasons to explain why she dresses the way she does, but the most practical reasons( I don’t need to wear armor, it helps me absorb sunlight better, and I just like dressing sexy) are never used.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 10-23-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Love PG, but the absorbing sunlight thing is irrelevant when she can just fly up to it and max out instantly if not just sundip. If her radiation absorption was such a concern for her that she based her wardrobe on it, then that would have come up because it means something is wrong with her physiology given Clark seemingly is covered nearly head-to-toe and is generally perceived as the strongest Kryptonian if not their equal. This implies she and Kara need to wear less to be equal to a man. No thanks.

Direct contact with sunlight-to-skin is not relevant. It's being bombarded with yellow sunlight radiation that empowers her.

That would make more sense if Kryptonians couldn't fly, but they can do I don't see it as pertinent. Especially when Clark lives to refute it by his costume.

She's proud of herself and her body and if someone has a problem, that's on them. That's pretty much how she's always been and I don't think we should make excuses for it.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-23-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

I love Power Girl's original costume -- boob window or not. I loved Supergirl in Adventure Comics, but after 1972 -- DC featured her in lame stories -- going as far as making her a soap opera actress in her civilian identity.

When PG came along in the mid 70s -- she was a breath of fresh air -- and I like that while her costume used some of Superman's color scheme -- she wasn't copying him.

Invincible Member

The classic suit's only function is to look cute. At that, it succeeds.

You are wrong.

Yes Clark, Kon and Jon are always losing power being so covered. They should get super speedo's. Efficient.

I'm curious do women who really like their bodies like wearing bathing suits that much or is that just a myth made up by men? Somehow I doubt anyone likes bathing suits more than comfy yoga pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm curious do women who really like their bodies like wearing bathing suits that much or is that just a myth made up by men? Somehow I doubt anyone likes bathing suits more than comfy yoga pants.
    Depends I guess, some like it some not. Some professional Olympic female athletes love to wear sporty "bikini" even though wide array of choices provided by the rule

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Some do, but I really, really doubt they'd pick that outfit if the order of the day was to fly and punch giant robots or something.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!