Default Hayden to appear in Ashoka as well

Like with Obi-Wan it's not quite clear if this is Vader, Anakin, or both in flashbacks or present. Given that the show probably takes place mostly during the time of the Mandalorian, after Vader's dead, I'm guessing these might be flashbacks (With slightly De-aged Hayden? He hasn't aged really that badly; if anything he seems to have mostly loss some of the muscle he bulked up to play Anakin in the first place-and of course the hair is easy). Or perhaps Anakin's force ghost, which appeared at the end of ROTJ of course (With of course the Hayden likeness added in 2004's DVD) and was heard in ROS. Maybe they can finally do that Anakin force ghost which transitions to Vader and back again that was in several concept art pieces.

It might be interesting to see a flashback of Anakin perhaps wearing the armor with the somewhat Vader-esque shoulders from the early seasons (and 'borrowed' from the Gendy series).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-23-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I kind of have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it's cool that Anakin will show up; it'd be a huge omission for both shows not to feature him in some capacity.

But at the same time, Hayden wasn't exactly the best actor. Has he been in anything else? Has his acting improved? I don't want to judge the guy too harshly on movies he did twenty years ago but the only thing I know him from are these films and....well.

I don't care how he shows up, in flashback or Force ghost or whatever, as long as it makes sense for, and enriches, the story. I'm mostly happy about this, but Hayden's previous performance leaves me a tad concerned about how well he'll carry his scenes.

At a guess though, I think in Ashoka we'll get flashbacks to her training with Anakin. It'd be cool to see that part of her life in live action and it'll help live-action audiences get to know her. And those flashbacks will probably book-end with a Force ghost appearance, so these two can finally say goodbye and make peace with each other.

I think in Kenobi we'll mostly see Vader. We had three films (and a cartoon series) to explore the Ani-Obi Wan dynamic so flashbacks, while we might get a few, seem redundant, and Kenobi is supposed to take place before Vader dies so the Force ghost seems rather unlikely.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hayden did have a few films where he received some praise for (Shattered Glass), but after Jumper and Awake I think he mostly did kind of more under-the-radar movies. He prefers to run his home farm these days I think.

Hopefully between Kenobi and this we get at least one Clone Wars flashback.

I think we'll also probably see Ahsoka meet Anakin's Force Ghost.

It's possible. After all we did get one in the Mandalorian.

Ultimate Member

I guess he's like sand: he gets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Except in the Sequel Trilogy .

Niffleheim

That was uncalled for
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Except in the Sequel Trilogy .
    Didn't his voice appear in RoS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    That was uncalled for
    So were some of his acting choices

Didn't his voice appear in RoS?
    Yes. At the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes. At the very end.
    Along with Kanan Jarrus, according to the subtitles.

I didn't realize how much the cartoons were referenced in the live action stuff. Hopefully Ashoka gives us some quality flashbacks to her youth and Hayden knocks out some great performances.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Along with Kanan Jarrus, according to the subtitles.

I didn't realize how much the cartoons were referenced in the live action stuff. Hopefully Ashoka gives us some quality flashbacks to her youth and Hayden knocks out some great performances.
    I would think between this and Obi-Wan we'd get at least one Clone Wars flashback.

I could also see them fitting in a Plo Koon cameo.