Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wouldn’t mind seeing Creed join X-Force. Having him on the field team with Domino and Logan could be lots of fun IMO.

“Just like the old days, eh runt?”

“Shut up, Victor.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wouldn’t mind seeing Creed join X-Force. Having him on the field team with Domino and Logan could be lots of fun IMO.

“Just like the old days, eh runt?”

“Shut up, Victor.”
    God, NO!!!

That's too close to Pak's Weapon X.

lol Creed needs to AVOID being put on a team at all costs. He's at his worst on teams and with partners. Because whoever he's opposite to is the brains of the operation, and he's usually depicted as a big dumb goon. A team book is where his descent as a villain started.

Only Bunn has handled Creed well on a team.

I liked him in Weapon X. And always loved the old Team X flashbacks with him as well, so we’ll just agree to disagree I guess as pertains to Creed on teams. IMO it’s all in the execution and whether he’s written competently or not. I also enjoyed him in Bunn’s Uncanny X-men book too.

Creed was cool in Tieri's Weapon X, he wasn't in Pak's Weapon X.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I thought it was fun when he fought OML on his birthday, just because, and then had to lead the team because the old man was so banged up. Honestly I found Creed pretty enjoyable in Weapon X, even though it was a pretty average book overall. Oh well. To each his (or her) own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Creed was cool in Tieri's Weapon X, he wasn't in Pak's Weapon X.
    Have to agree. Creed was ok the first 7 (I think) issues of Weapon X. Then around issue 8, Pak started making him a rambunctious idiot that existed to be the team butt monkey, and it didn't stop until issue 18 where he was still cringe-worthy but at least tolerable, or rather, more so than he had been for 10+ issues up to that point.

Sadly even Tieri isn't a good writer for him anymore given that Ravencroft crap we got. He has now joined the club of writers to make Creed into an incompetent d-tier villain. BAd writing for Creed spreads from writer to writer like a virus.

Imo, Bunn remains the most recent writer to do anything of note with him in the X-Books. So naturally, they took the character from him & gave him to Pak to ruin all over again. Followed by Rosenberg & Hickman who weren't any better. In fact, sad as it may be, they may have actually been worse.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-24-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Love the Variant Cover though!
    Creed knocked them out with his bulge.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well at least that's 1 thing going for him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-24-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And yet the main cover depicts him as being completely flat down there. The two couldn’t possibly be more night and day.

It might be offensive but I think Percy's Maverick and Omega Red are rather boring. Better not put another Team X stuff in his "Wolverine and his X-Force"

There might be a key point about editing that if the WotR: UXM vanished historically.

Creed's wearing human clothes and living in somewhere seeming snowy, which I think it indicates he is/ has been living outside Krakoa for a while.

If WotR still happened, it's weird to resurrect him and let him live outside. He may has been out of the pit earlier than we thought.

Then if WotR doesn't exist anymore, last two panels apparently tells how he got recruited after Pak's Weapon X.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well at least that's 1 thing going for him.
    I dunno. The size might impress the ladies but dude’s shooting flatscans if his offspring is anything to go off of

Are we going to keep pretending that Sabretooth is any more dangerous and threatening than Paste-Pot Pete with body odour?

Mighty Member

I love this (so far) but I don't want him as some anti-hero. I want him as a full on villain. That's my Sabretooth. He used to scare me more than Apocalypse/Sinister when I was a kid. I hated when they tried to make him an anti-hero (he just seems like a cheap Logan to me). The only thing I liked about that era was his complicated relationship with Monet who was also going through it at the time. I want him to be scary and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno. The size might impress the ladies but dude’s shooting flatscans if his offspring is anything to go off of
    Well he shot that one with Mystique, so like everything else in their relationship, it shouldn't count for much. lol

Plus, given this panel in HOX, he has some kids or very distant grandkids that aren't scans.