Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I really would like to see Dick be away from the Bat Family for a while

I honestly would prefer him to just have a story line that separates him from Babs and the rest of the Batfamily. Something I wouldn't mind seeing would be an arc where he's transported across the universe by some mysterious force with the only clue being that he was taken to where he needs to be or something mysterious like that. Essentially what I'm thinking is a Mandalorian type of plot line mixed with Logan where Dick has to protect a little kid whose half human half tammaran with the twist being it's his and Kori's daughter Nightstar.

I figure it can come out that Dick got her pregnant and when she found out he was with Babs so Kori kept it a secret not wanting to burden him and had the child raised in a secret location. As for the plot I can see it being a group of aliens wanting to use Dick and Kori's kid to take the throne of Tamaran by using the kid as a figure head. I love this idea because there's a lot of avenues it could go. I also like the idea of Deathstroke being hired to retrieve the kid and Dick having to go head to head with him to protect his daughter. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see William Cobb go after Dick's kid and a plot line like this would be a good way to bring in old and new threats to Dick's door.

Also I love the idea of him traveling through the DC universe acting as a mentor to a kid getting flashbacks of his Robin days with him going on adventures teaming up with other heroes like Adam Strange and such. Also Dick as a single father is something I'd like to see.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like that story idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I like that story idea.
    It’ll take a miracle for DC to actually give him the Daredevil/Spider-Man treatment.

Agreed 100%. Keeping Dick tied to Gotham/Batman doesn't allow for his brand/and the character to grow to the lengths that he could. A move such as this is long overdue

So you ripped off a Disney+ series, a Marvel movie, and a dumb character idea from an overrated 90's DC Elseworlds. No more Kingdom Come transplants, particularly Nightstar, ever again!

yeah something like Nightwing needing to work with Deathstroke on a mission in Japan, or midnight in Vegas, or vixen in Miami, or donna in new york! So much more interesting standard bat stuff, we got 2 batmen and 3 batgirls, a signal and a huntress all in books already doing that. just have nightwing guest in the batfamily books and events for your gotham style batfam interactions nightwing.

Let nightwing fly!

Mighty Member

Why not do both? Do a solo adventure story with Dick while still keeping him tied to the Batman mythos. You can't just cut him from the Batman chord. That's how he started with his relationship with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why not do both? Do a solo adventure story with Dick while still keeping him tied to the Batman mythos. You can't just cut him from the Batman chord. That's how he started with his relationship with Bruce.
    They did when he was in NTT the only reason he was brought back was due to the editor leaving and he was brought back to Bateditors. He would have been married a long times ago. He was created to be Nightwing to be his own hero but now they have him in way to much Batman. There has to be a point where he is once again brought back more into Titans. And a break for a bit. He was made Nightwing to get out of Batman's shadown but they now are making him again back into his shadow. Every event he is there any all the Batfam in his books. We need a stop of having his book only every be a Batfam book. He is a Titan too. They need to cut chord and have a crossover event with the titans again. With the Events he should be the one to call last. To limit the number of events. I mean we have fearstate and we might have him be used for a branch into Batgirls. Meaning this right now doesn't feel like his own comic. He has lost most of his fights. He is suppose to be on par with Batman yet gets ambused. Tom isn't showing me a A-lister

Nightwing is suppose to be a independent of Batman. If they keep using so often it takes away that. I'm not saying he shouldn't be used rather rarely. When things are looking bad then you call him. That's why I don't want DickBabs it's a tie to that. He first has to stand on his own and rarely be used in Batman events. For them to work. That's why Kori want made to not be tied to his Batman Past. DickBabs I want and don't want to happen. It's a means to always be Batman shadow. When many writers do it
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Honestly the entire Ric story probably woulda worked better if he was off somewhere in space alone the entire time instead of Bludhaven.

Extraordinary Member

Read Grayson agent of Spyral

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I like him better with the Gotham crew and gang.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I like this option. Dick is an important part of both so why should we choose when can and have had both.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I like this option. Dick is an important part of both so why should we choose when can and have had both.
    We have had both before Batman always wins, at any moment he can be withdrawn from an outside storyline for a Gotham one. It’s

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They did when he was in NTT the only reason he was brought back was due to the editor leaving and he was brought back to Bateditors. He would have been married a long times ago. He was created to be Nightwing to be his own hero but now they have him in way to much Batman. There has to be a point where he is once again brought back more into Titans. And a break for a bit. He was made Nightwing to get out of Batman's shadown but they now are making him again back into his shadow. Every event he is there any all the Batfam in his books. We need a stop of having his book only every be a Batfam book. He is a Titan too. They need to cut chord and have a crossover event with the titans again. With the Events he should be the one to call last. To limit the number of events. I mean we have fearstate and we might have him be used for a branch into Batgirls. Meaning this right now doesn't feel like his own comic. He has lost most of his fights. He is suppose to be on par with Batman yet gets ambused. Tom isn't showing me a A-lister

Nightwing is suppose to be a independent of Batman. If they keep using so often it takes away that. I'm not saying he shouldn't be used rather rarely. When things are looking bad then you call him. That's why I don't want DickBabs it's a tie to that. He first has to stand on his own and rarely be used in Batman events. For them to work. That's why Kori want made to not be tied to his Batman Past. DickBabs I want and don't want to happen. It's a means to always be Batman shadow. When many writers do it
    Because he was not a solo hero during the Titans. It was not marketed as the Nightwing book. He was a piece of a larger hole. That version of Dick would not have been successful solo hero. Dixons was though (bat editorial).

I honestly think his connection to the Titans is a bigger hindrance. His book sells well and he is a Bat character. He would be shoe in to lead or participate in other teams. Maybe even lead. But he keeps getting pulled back to the Titans and the same old relationships. The Titans are not what they once were and probably will never will be. I would like to see Dick continue to make new connections and relationships. I think him being on a team would be ideal for this.

Maybe like a black ops team like he is in Young Justice.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 10-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Read Grayson agent of Spyral

Yes Grayson Agent of Spyral was actually very good ! Agent 37 ( don't know why that # ) but it actually worked. Only Bruce knew where Dick was and what was going on. I would actually be ok with starting that up again and have Tim Drake take over as Nightwing. Dick can always come back to Gotham for Events . I'd also like for Dick to team up with Damian more. Those two had a great run as Batman & Robin and great chemistry !!!