Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Reckoning War: News, Rumors, Speculation

I know its one month early but i thought i should make this thread since she hulk 8 from the 80s started it, but never made it instill 2021 and 2022 by Dan Slott

I expect that there will be considerable discussion in the FF Appreciation thread about this event, but because it's an event which is more than just the FF, it probably deserves its own thread.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I'll state what I said over on the FF thread. My guess is that the big bads of this story are going to be the Prosilicans. They are going to be out for revenge against the Watchers for having destroyed their planet so long ago.

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

I would be hyped but the writer is Slott.Also how does Shulkie fit in this?The rest seem to fit one way or another, maybe TOBA stuff although seems unlikely

Also don't know whether to be happy or sad he didn't put Spider-man in this.He wrote Spidey for a decade yet doesn't put him in his big thing, on the other hand he character assasinates him even when he's barely playing a role like in current FF so the further away he is from Spider-man the better.....

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is there a full cast of characters somewhere that I can peruse? (I realize the main villains will probably be kept off of the list so as not to ruin the plot.)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was moderately interested in this until the last announcement came around. I freaking LOVE Jack of Hearts and have been waiting for him to return!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I guess I will have to go back and read Fantastic Four #25 from the current run. I also wondered if this panel from Ewing's final issue of Guardians of the Galaxy has anything to do with this event.

Fantastic Four: Reckoning War Alpha #1 (February 2, was January 5)
    Fantastic Four #40 (February 16, was January 19)

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...o-printer-jam/

Incredible Member

Jack of Hearts is in it, so I'm there!

Mighty Member

Not read his FF, but I’m looking forward to this. I think Slott is a perfectly fine writer who fairs better at contained events. Already put this on my pull list for January.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So Doom once again gets his hands on elite levels of power? Why am I not surprised?

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is there a full cast of characters somewhere that I can peruse? (I realize the main villains will probably be kept off of the list so as not to ruin the plot.)
    I hope there’s one because I had heard that Tony was going to be big in it. If he’s not in it I won’t be picking it up.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Now that we have our hands on the Trial of the Watcher, it brings up how significant this era of Marvel has become.

Spoilers so here goes.

Uatu is strapped into a Knowledge chair, where his Father goes about telling Uatu this will show him what the 616 would be like if Uatu never interfered, and it shows Reed Richards found a way to build an Ultimate Nullifier and used it on Galactus and killed him. Consequently, the Earths history went another way.

Now this isn’t the end of it. The actual Reckoning isn’t these creatures that are named the Reckoning. The Reckoning is the fact the Watchers gave weapons and tech to this race, who waged the first war, and now it’s coming back to roost. The Watchers are getting Uatu to see what he did to Earth 616, as a punishment, without first looking at what the Watchers themselves did in giving the Reckoning all this tech, interfering in history themselves!!!! See? This is the real conundrum, not Uatu interfereing in the 616. The real Reckoning to come is how the universe, or all reality, would look, if the Watchers didn’t give the tech to these warlike creatures. That’s why the Watchers now have to face their own Knowledge Chair and see what the reality would have been without the Watchers interference.

We now get the full significance of this era at Marvel with the evolution of the Reckoning war of what happens if there were no Watchers.

I am in anticipation of where this will go, considering, (from what Uatu is learning), it all works itself out in the end. But what an end? I would like to know what Uatu sees as the endgame of the 616 in 2022, if you extrapolate all the happenings that were revealed in recent times. Secret Wars, through to the Omega council forming a superhero army on Earth 616 to defeat the Death celestial. If the Watchers never existed, what does that do to all these other events? That’s the Reckoning.