Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #83 Preview

Nightwing #83 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

It looks so good! I love how Dick reads Melinda, it's a nice showing of a talent that most writers don't show.

To be honest, I think I'd prefer it if she were an excellent liar.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm looking up to see if Commissioner Maclean is Dick's old boss when he became a cop but nope, new character

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    It looks so good! I love how Dick reads Melinda, it's a nice showing of a talent that most writers don't show.
    Yeah I think they made that a characteristic for him during the N52 run. Honestly it feels like Taylor is trying to replicate the same vibe, just with less editorial interference.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nightwing #83 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

This one is giving me vibes of an older Spider-man issue where you have many images of Peter doing something while someone is chasing a dog in the background. And one where Mayday does a quick change into her school outfit while leaving on her uniform. It's a great way to show motion. Also gives me Fraction's Hawkeye vibes too with this cover. I love it!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That reminds me. A while back Taylor tweeted this image.

E5qg6r2VoAAYBd0.jpg

So this will be the chase.

Extraordinary Member

So Dick big plan was basically to do what Bruce did the last time when Alfred died back in the 60s?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    So Dick big plan was basically to do what Bruce did the last time when Alfred died back in the 60s?
    did he? i guess he gave up

That happened?

I mean, I applaud the effort, even though I don't think it will work.

Extraordinary Member

When Alfred died back in the 60s, Bruce created the "Alfred Foundation" after Alfred returned back to live it was renamed into the "Wayne Foundation".

And yeah Alfred was the first member of the Batfamily to die and to return as a supervillain (named "the Outsider"), I think that was actually one of the first story arcs in the Batman comics that actually went over multiple issues.

Extraordinary Member

When Alfred died back in the 60s, Bruce created the "Alfred Foundation" after Alfred returned back to live it was renamed into the "Wayne Foundation".

And yeah Alfred was the first member of the Batfamily to die and to return as a supervillain (named "the Outsider").
    Really dang,
    Glad no one remembers it

And yeah Alfred was the first member of the Batfamily to die and to return as a supervillain (named "the Outsider"), I think that was actually one of the first story arcs in the Batman comics that actually went over multiple issues.
    I remember The Outsider bit, I think I read it in a Who's Who entry at the end of one of the trades for Alan Grant's 'Tec run (and I think that's what Geoff Johns based Earth-3 Alfred on).

Been a minute since I've read about that! History does repeat itself!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This continues to be my favorite Batman book out these days, I love the characterization of the Batfamily and that scene with Superman was absolutely amazing.