Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batwoman TV Show - accused of being a toxic work environment

Also, for more detail - https://gizmodo.com/batwomans-ruby-r...ssm-1847899435

The spinal injuries (of both Rose and the PA), along with the allergic reaction, were already known about - the other accusations are new as far as I'm aware. Personally, I'm inclined to believe Rose over anything the CW says, but that's just me. But with those (spinal injuries) already known about, it already IMO seemed like a dangerous and negligent work environment before these latest allegations.

The show is definitely more known for the controversies than anything else at this point, I think.

The behaviour of both parties since she left the show always seemed a bit off to me. I thought it was very odd when they edited her out of the COIE earlier in the year for example:
    https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-ba...arths-removed/

Latest stuff is not surprising, they are saying she's a liar.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-21-2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added a video.

Yikes!

There's more, but the last part of the IG is so long I'm just going to post it as a quote (grammatical errors included - seems to have all poured out in a sudden release IMO) rather than screenshots. Also will put the telling parts in bold:

I just want to say one last thing, because no doubt I won't get another chance. Nor do I want to keep talking about it because it is so deeply hard. it's time for me to take my life back and finally breathe again after all these years.

Also this has gratefully been handed over to the appropriate people now.

I did not chose to come out and speak because of any of the numbers of reasons people will and have wanted to guess.

It's much more complicated than that. Nor is it because "work has dried up" I have declined more films this year than in my whole career.

If you just look under the surface you will see every film I've done announced and unannounced are with the same small trusted group of people, because I have been too terrified to work with anyone else ever again after that experience...lionsgate, Sony, buzzfeed, thank you. and the producers of the DOORMAN. THANK YOU.

Which just briefly, why would I exclusively work with the same company of individuals, if as the stunt team of BW keep telling people, was where I secretly got injured and faked it later ( the injury was recorded on the set of batwoman and filed as a workplace injury the same day, months prior to the doorman ).

And listen, maybe part of the timing was after being attached to WB's MEG the past 3 years, and having developed JAXX, Only to be told I was cut, a month ago. (Hence why I was growing my hair out for Jaxx and then chopped it ) with no explanation. People forget Meg was the number one film in the world when I joined batwoman. I was not in a career lull.

I speak now because I understand my privilege. BUT I am not Scar Jo, I do not have Scarlett type money, power or influence and sadly I also didn't have a team like her, who cared enough not to be afraid. I also guess i don't have the super power strength she must have had to do what she did.

But I am someone who has always tried to do the right thing and she inspired me, so did the cast of jagged little pill on Broadway who chose to live their truths. Then IATSE finally got its moment.

If I don't say something then what am I really saying. This isn't just for me, this could possibly end my acting career, but it was already ended when I could no longer open a script without a panic attack.

I also had to look at all people responsible and who contributed to this, my self included, why didn't I stand up for myself, why didn't I sue, why didn't I get a lawyer, why didn't I fight. I was tired. I might look tough, play tough characters but I am very human and very sensitive and do not like conflict. I was also afraid, deeply afraid.

I do say this now because this isn't a crazy, out of this world freak incident nor is it even the half of it. I'm speaking up because IATSE and the previously mentioned people reminded me that nothing will change if nothing changes and people out there are even more scared than I, have less resources than i and need to know they are not alone, our industry needs a lot of work, it needs to change dramatically and people deserve to be less afraid. And maybe just maybe, aside from healing me, it might make a small change for someone else.

Thank you for the support but I'm in the woods right now ( literally not figuratively) and i will not be on my phone. Please also do try, try, try, to leave Javicia and other people I didn't name out of this. She deserves better, and some of the people I have been told are getting attacked, are my allies not not my enemies. Just because some people can't be public about their support doesn't mean it's not there.

Yeah, heard about it. those are some SERIOUS allegations, if true. It goes way beyond merely "unsafe".

And then are those who say Ruby Rose is wrong.
    * Batwoman Crew Member Backs WBTV, Calls Ruby Rose a 'Dictator' (Exclusive)
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-crew-me...rose-dictator/

* Batwoman's Dougray Scott Refutes Ruby Rose's 'Defamatory' Abuse Claims
    https://www.cbr.com/batwomans-dougra...-abuse-claims/

* Batwoman: WBTV Dismisses Ruby Rose Accusations as 'Revisionist History'
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-wbtv-ca...onist-history/

And there's an article on yahoo.com titled "Ruby Rose's former 'Batwoman' colleagues respond to her allegations: 'Entirely made up and never happened'"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Warner's response was so flippant. I guess one side or the other will have to cough up some kind of evidence at some point.

Astonishing Member

Thing is that anything about Rose’s behaviour doesn’t negate that she broke her spine, or the PAs who were seriously injured

She could have been a coked-up empress of the drama queens and it doesn’t make a lick of difference if they were running an unsafe set

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And there's an article on yahoo.com titled "Ruby Rose's former 'Batwoman' colleagues respond to her allegations: 'Entirely made up and never happened'"
    Which is hard to swallow when we know the spinal injuries and the GoFundMe are true and have been known about for a while:

Production Assistant Accident: https://deadline.com/2020/03/batwoma...on-1202884231/

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/amanda-sm...ilitation-fund

Rose's neck injury, including footage of the surgery (in the article): https://deadline.com/2019/09/batwoma...is-1202747538/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Warner's response was so flippant. I guess one side or the other will have to cough up some kind of evidence at some point.
    Well, according to Rose's posts she has filed away medical evidence, there were some x-rays in her post. There's speculation that her NDA is up.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Thing is that anything about Rose’s behaviour doesn’t negate that she broke her spine, or the PAs who were seriously injured

She could have been a coked-up empress of the drama queens and it doesn’t make a lick of difference if they were running an unsafe set
    True. Her reputation for being a jerk, whether true or not, is nothing new. She's had that reputation for years.

She's had ongoing medical issues, it's possible that it's linked to her injuries from her time playing Batwoman, though that's just speculation.

Astonishing Member

Ongoing medicals might have made her more fragile with regards to the severity of the injuries, but the circumstances that caused them are a different matter

Ongoing medicals might have made her more fragile with regards to the severity of the injuries, but the circumstances that caused them are a different matter
    That story is from this year, not prior to the Batwoman injuries, but some time afterwards. It seems like she could be more fragile since her involvement with the show, although she had health issues prior to the show - including spinal surgery before being cast as Batwoman. Which makes the whole thing appear rather reckless from both parties IMHO, (to have someone of apparent ill health doing stunts in a superhero gig in the first place). Anyway, it's speculation, just throwing it out there.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/ruby-...ft-wheelchair/

Oh, forgot to add, near as I can tell the reputation for her being a "diva" seems to have mostly started around the time she left the show. I'm not aware of such complaints about her in prior shows and films. Of course, there's always been the odd rumor here and there, but not this level of attack on her character until more recently, and she's been a celebrity since she was barely in her 20s.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-22-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Well said.

Screen Rant has a timeline of events: https://screenrant.com/batwoman-ruby...eline-updates/

The allegations are looking more and more true IMO, and it also looks like WB started their smear campaign almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Screen Rant has a timeline of events: https://screenrant.com/batwoman-ruby...eline-updates/

The allegations are looking more and more true IMO, and it also looks like WB started their smear campaign almost immediately.
    This makes me think there's more we don't know. If that is true then they were eXPECTING her to talk about her injuries, and planned for it. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This makes me think there's more we don't know. If that is true then they were eXPECTING her to talk about her injuries, and planned for it. Why?
    For one thing - she documented her back surgery by having it filmed, and released that video very publicly. According to her statement she was supposed to hide an injury scar when she announced she couldn't attend a convention. The scar (if that's the one she was meant to hide) is visible in that video, and in interviews she did around that time, and it doesn't look like it would have been difficult to hide. IMO she wasn't as obedient as they wanted.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-01-2022 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Useless speculation

Incredible Member

Batwoman: Ruby Rose Doubles Down on Claims; Posts Emails, Messages

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/batwoman...ails-messages/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Batwoman: Ruby Rose Doubles Down on Claims; Posts Emails, Messages

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/batwoman...ails-messages/
    Well that's a lot to read through, but yeah the Baxter guy statement absolutely stinks of smear campaign, already did stink but it's good to see it addressed. The stuff about the atmosphere smoke is disturbing. The schedule stuff is horrible, but sadly not unexpected.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-01-2022 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Irrelevant add on