Extraordinary Member

Default Task Force Z #1 Preview

Task Force Z #1 Preview
    Writer: Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Eddy Barrows

So far, it's fun. And I think Barrows art style fits the story. Looking forward to see where it goes.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-24-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Bat dudes and their scarred backs.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Kinda rocks

Tho I'm not the biggest fan of this hood, he was ok

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's great to see mr bloom finally get some attention again. I'm curious why they put him on the team if he's alive though..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's great to see mr bloom finally get some attention again. I'm curious why they put him on the team if he's alive though..
    Has the resin/whatever the hell it is maybe?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

When did Man-Bat die???

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    When did Man-Bat die???
    All the zombies are the ones who died in A-Day

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    When did Man-Bat die???
    I think he died in one of the 'Tec back-ups

I understand that this comic is canon, so Bane did die in the Joker series. Or was he revealed to be alive just to die in another story in preparation for Task Force Z? I ask, as I don't read neither book
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I understand that this comic is canon, so Bane did die in the Joker series. Or was he revealed to be alive just to die in another story in preparation for Task Force Z? I ask, as I don't read neither book
    I think he died during the A-Day event that preceded the Joker book (people think Joker did it, but he didn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he died during the A-Day event that preceded the Joker book (people think Joker did it, but he didn't).
    Oh, I understand. Thank for the answer. I've been a little away from the Bat books
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Late, but I've finally read the first issue, and I liked it a lot.

Art is really nice looking here. I'm hardly a fan of Barrows work in cape comics, but here, his style fits the mood to a T. Dark, and dirty and dynamic with all that action showing in the story. And colours are really nice looking and made it shine even more. Lettering too, was quite nice: with different styles and uses and nice placing all over the different layouts.

As for the story, I liked it a lot too. It's clear that every character have their different motivations and aims, and I think there's a slow-paced plot working on in the background. It kind of reminded me of a bit of American Gods, but lighter and with some humour. The bad guys are clearly malicious, like, in a very not subtle way, but also, it's the kind of not-subtle way that makes the reader wander how Jason is going to deal with them once he can find his feet with the absolutely murderous and uncoordinated zombie commando. Of course, the emotional struggle for Jason, besides the dilema of leaving and let them murder and torture people with these unwilling zombified criminals, or stay and risks his mental health besides his life and his own moral stands, is probably realizing that these zombies are still people, as much as himself, and unlike what Crispin-voice-boss says, they're not monsters and deserve a chance for redemption (it was the main theme running in several dialogue pieces in this issue. Redemption's one of the recurring themes for Jason, after all: has already been a theme under several writers with different approaches). I also wonder why this Crispin guy needs Jason. He's not that special (he died, sure. But besides that and being a bat...). Could've used anyone. I wonder what the writer will come with for the reason why. Some emotional manipulation based on Jason relating to the dead criminals is my guess.

It wasn't great, but still, it was fun and fast paced. I'm definitely looking forward to the next issue, and see how this story builds up issue after issue.

That being said, the dual wielding crowbars have to go forever gone. They're silly. Give him a chain, or a club, or several weapons. An axe, or something. Crowbars are very silly, honestly.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-07-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Late, but I've finally read the first issue, and I liked it a lot.

Art is really nice looking here. I'm hardly a fan of Barrows work in cape comics, but here, his style fits the mood to a T. Dark, and dirty and dynamic with all that action showing in the story. And colours are really nice looking and made it shine even more. Lettering too, was quite nice: with different styles and uses and nice placing all over the different layouts.

As for the story, I liked it a lot too. It's clear that every character have their different motivations and aims, and I think there's a slow-paced plot working on in the background. It kind of reminded me of a bit of American Gods, but lighter and with some humour. The bad guys are clearly malicious, like, in a very not subtle way, but also, it's the kind of not-subtle way that makes the reader wander how Jason is going to deal with them once he can find his feet with the absolutely murderous and uncoordinated zombie commando. Of course, the emotional struggle for Jason, besides the dilema of leaving and let them murder and torture people with these unwilling zombified criminals, or stay and risks his mental health besides his life and his own moral stands, is probably realizing that these zombies are still people, as much as himself, and unlike what Crispin-voice-boss says, they're not monsters and deserve a chance for redemption (it was the main theme running in several dialogue pieces in this issue. Redemption's one of the recurring themes for Jason, after all: has already been a theme under several writers with different approaches). I also wonder why this Crispin guy needs Jason. He's not that special (he died, sure. But besides that and being a bat...). Could've used anyone. I wonder what the writer will come with for the reason why. Some emotional manipulation based on Jason relating to the dead criminals is my guess.

It wasn't great, but still, it was fun and fast paced. I'm definitely looking forward to the next issue, and see how this story builds up issue after issue.

That being said, the dual wielding crowbars have to go forever gone. They're silly. Give him a chain, or a club, or several weapons. An axe, or something. Crowbars are very silly, honestly.
    I don't know who at DC headquarters thought giving him crowbars as a weapon was a good idea but it's not. It's one of the most uninteresting weapons you can give him at this point.
    Last edited by 9th.; 11-11-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jason and crowbars are becoming a meme at this point.