Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Douglock question

I was wondering something. Was the Excalibur member named Douglock a melt together of Cypher and Warlock, or was it Warlock taking the Cypher form, or was it a Phalanx form?

I just was wondering.

Also what happened to Douglock? As he is no longer around.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 10-25-2021 at 02:59 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

He was just Warlock getting some of the memories of Doug that he absorbed.

Doug was still dead at that time. I can't remember how he got Doug's memories.

It was a terrible storyline, they should have brought Doug back at that time to reunite with the New Mutants.

Astonishing Member

As ericng said. Turns out it was just Warlock unknownlingly immitating Doug through recorded memories.

Kitty even phased into Doug's grave during an issue of Excalibur to confirm, yep Dougs skeletal body is still in there.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So he was not a part of the Phalanx, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Douglas was the result of the Phalanx resurrecting Warlock with Doug's memories.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It's explained here, he's not Phalanx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock_(New_Mutants)

Later, Hodge's attempted assimilation of the techno-organic virus allowed him to create the composite being/race known as the Phalanx, and the Phalanx grew as it absorbed both technological and human sources. The Phalanx also absorbed the remnants of Warlock and Ramsey, incorporating the gestalt being that Warlock and Ramsey originally developed. This separate consciousness could not exist within the Phalanx mind, presumably because the Phalanx could not absorb mutant physiology, and this consciousness soon separated itself from the Phalanx

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's explained here, he's not Phalanx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock_(New_Mutants)

Later, Hodge's attempted assimilation of the techno-organic virus allowed him to create the composite being/race known as the Phalanx, and the Phalanx grew as it absorbed both technological and human sources. The Phalanx also absorbed the remnants of Warlock and Ramsey, incorporating the gestalt being that Warlock and Ramsey originally developed. This separate consciousness could not exist within the Phalanx mind, presumably because the Phalanx could not absorb mutant physiology, and this consciousness soon separated itself from the Phalanx
    Soooo after Warlock was killed and Hodge tried to create some kinky videodrone/Croenberg body horror with the technarky+Himself The phalanx was born...which spit out the Warlock parts of itself because he was Waaay too into the Mutant Cypher... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As ericng said. Turns out it was just Warlock unknownlingly immitating Doug through recorded memories.

Kitty even phased into Doug's grave during an issue of Excalibur to confirm, yep Dougs skeletal body is still in there.
    I remember that issue...I had no idea who Doug was and was mostly shocked how much hair his corpse still had
    GrindrStone(D)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Well, that's disturbing...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo after Warlock was killed and Hodge tried to create some kinky videodrone/Croenberg body horror with the technarky+Himself The phalanx was born...which spit out the Warlock parts of itself because he was Waaay too into the Mutant Cypher... right?

In other words, Warlock was resurrected in Excalibur #78-81 storyline.

Whereas Doug was resurrected in the Zeb Wells New Mutants/Necrosha storyline.

Last edited by ericng; 10-27-2021 at 04:47 AM.