Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirl

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, Michael Keaton’s Batman is legendary, but he’s a 70-year old man in this Batgirl movie but apparently still an active fighter by this story’s setting - now that’s an escapist fantasy that gets a bit pathetic when Keaton’s actual age is taken into account. But we can’t possibly point out that “old man strength” isn’t actually a thing the way escapist fiction talks about, can we? And even if he is shown to be weakened by age, and even weaker than Batgirl… a lot of these same “Mary Sue” types would fall all over themselves to say that makes him sympathetic and engaging.

And there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s bullshit if Babs doesn’t get the same treatment, which we agree on.
    You know, having watched current age Keaton as an assassin character in The Protege, I became even more ok with the idea of him still playing Batman. Admittedly in my opinion Old Man Batman, if the city still hadn't gotten much better over the years, should rely even more on gadgets, spend less time on the streets, have a decades-built network on the ground to assist him, or all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I go to the theaters easily twice a month. Just saw Nope in Imax.

Honestly almost any movie is improved by a good theater experience and especially films that are epic or larger then life. See nope even on a big screen home surround experience pales in comparison to the massive IMax screen and sound.

Movies I see in theater are events. Seeing a movie at home just doesn't have the immersive experience or event type feel.

Taking my girl on a movie date or going with a group of friends is a special experience.

Watching a movie at home can be fine too but I highly recommend you find a good theater with good seats and check out at the very least, the event Films, in theaters.

Modern agoraphobia is sad. Everyone has become a reclusive and the pandemic made it worse.

Worlds a big place go out and live your life
    Power to you. As someone who generally can't stand elbowing crowds a lot, going to the movies might be one of my top best outside activities, even with the odd bad experience,

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Dwayne Johnson (Black Adam) rarely turns out a box office stinker, as for The Flash, all the controversies surrounding Ezra Miller might well draw in people out of sheer curiosity.
    Miller alone could warrant a good documentary if he keeps it up.

I hope this film gets finished and released someday. WB should offer the lead actress something else now that they've canceled her project.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You get this a lot in the comic book film sphere, when people just can’t see past unfaithful translations of their favourite characters at all.
    A movie about a comically ultra-violent, smart-alecky, canonically queer anti-hero who started out as a villain wherein they lose the love of their life, spiral into depression, bust up a government facility then form a ragtag team to save a troubled teen from losing their way while making real human connections along the way to discovering the hero within? It was great! .... when it was called "Deadpool 2."

My problems with that movie had nothing to do with adaptations. I love Robbie as HQ, I loved EMW as Huntress and she was a new version of Huntress. I did not like the Black Canary because I didn't find her interesting or heroic. I thought the script was weak in building up the characters and their relationships.(even HQ and her hyena - it was there purely as an easter egg and added nothing to the story)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-08-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You get this a lot in the comic book film sphere, when people just can’t see past unfaithful translations of their favourite characters at all.
    My mom, who never read a comic in her life, thought BOP was terrible. BOP's woes had little to do with comics fans, a relatively small part of the market, not being able to accept change in the material.

I think the whole idea of not wanting scripted shows for ones streaming service is idiotic.

Basically I have 4 regular streaming services DisneyPlus which has a great library but will be honest if not for Marvel & SW I wouldn't probably have it. HBOMAX fantastic library not just DC, but the HBO films and shows and TMC selection. Amazon but for the Prime free and fast delivery above the film and tv shows, and Tubi which is free.

Hulu, Netflix, & ParamountPlus are seasonal at best for me I have Hulu now because of Orville and I enjoyed Prey and currently doing a Smallville binge, but I will be dropping it next month. Netflix I'll pick back up to watch Stranger Things season 4 and Sandman once I drop Hulu. Then early next year I'll get ParamountPlus to watch Picard Season 3 (Please God be good) and Strange New Worlds. I might one day keep ParamountPlus for TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, SNW, Prodigy, Lower Decks, and Classic Twilight Zone.

But without the shows I mentioned like Stranger Things, Sandman, Orville, and Strange New Worlds I would have no incentive to even get those streaming services for the periods I do. Now hands down IMO HBOMAX has the best library but I feel you need new content too.

Also the Snyderbros cheering the death of Batgirl as they see it as a sign to the return of the Snyderverse is hilarious. Under Saz they would had never gotten the Snyder Cut because under his edict he would never spend that much money for a HBOMAX exclusive and the cost for theatrical release wouldn't had been justifiable given most people wouldn't care about a new version of a film they already saw or didn't care enough to see the 1st time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As if the general audience cares about comic accurate costumes.
    Sure, the GA isn't super aware about accuracy to source material and that only confirms just how bad Harley and the Birds of Prey was.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Sure, the GA isn't super aware about accuracy to source material and that only confirms just how bad Harley and the Birds of Prey was.
    That is a complete non-sequitur. While I agree that ones feelings toward BoP has nothing to do with the source material. The GA not caring doesn't confirm anything about the movie.
    Personally, I still don't get the success of the first Suicide Squad. It was utter rubbish.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    EXACTLY!! lol
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

I’m sure Keaton’s involvement in this movie helped them come to the decision to cancel it. Zaslav clearly wasn’t a fan of Hamada’s plan to have old man Batman act as a mentor for the DC movieverse. Moving your cinematic universe ahead with your most popular/profitable IP on the sidelines as a consultant probably didn’t sit well with him. they didn’t like the movie as a whole and it conflicted with their 10 year plan, so they canned it.

They got Batfleck back and I wouldn’t be surprised if they want him to lead a solo movie. He seems to be in a better place in his life and I’m sure WBD will offer a ton of money. Do the Batman vs Deathstroke movie, and introduce Nightwing. Maybe they can introduce the whole Batfamily that way and even have Leslie Grace come back as Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m sure Keaton’s involvement in this movie helped them come to the decision to cancel it. Zaslav clearly wasn’t a fan of Hamada’s plan to have old man Batman act as a mentor for the DC movieverse. Moving your cinematic universe ahead with your most popular/profitable IP on the sidelines as a consultant probably didn’t sit well with him. they didn’t like the movie as a whole and it conflicted with their 10 year plan, so they canned it.

They got Batfleck back and I wouldn’t be surprised if they want him to lead a solo movie. He seems to be in a better place in his life and I’m sure WBD will offer a ton of money. Do the Batman vs Deathstroke movie, and introduce Nightwing. Maybe they can introduce the whole Batfamily that way and even have Leslie Grace come back as Batgirl.
    Affleck may not be a senior citizen but he is a Old Batman he'll be 50 in a few days. If you want young go Pattinson he's only 36.

Yeah but he can still play the grizzled Dark Knight out there fighting crime while Keaton’s Batman would be much more like Batman Beyond version of Bruce.

I don't think Affleck will want to commit to the training and physicality of being Batman again. Maybe one last time, but that's about it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The news Affleck was coming back for another appearance and Batgirl getting cancelled seems to have went hand and hand. They likely view Affleck if he stays in good shape at least another decade as Batman. To be the old mentor character.

From claims his script he did years ago mirrored Arkam Origins. Where a group of assassins come to Gotham and his final battle is against Deathstroke.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Behind the scenes video to the "awful" mid 60s score batgirl film.

Blast it WB. It looks good. Tons of firefly and batgirl on bike stunts plus better look at her costume.

https://digg.com/video/bat-girl-behi...ilming-footage