Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A tax write off? A tax write off!?
    That's what Variety says.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ax-1235331897/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Still shocked. I've never seen studio just throw away $90M like that.

At least put it on streaming. It would have made something. I was also hoping that they would just do some reshoots so that it's really more of a sequel to the Burton verse and divorced entirely from the Flashpoint nonsense.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I wonder how safe Blue Beetle is?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

At this point I debate if most stuff is safe. Black Adam, Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2 definitely and probably all the The Batman stuff. Outside that? Who knows. Flash could very easily be canned at this point if they decide the drama with Ezra ain’t worth it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I still say this is a good sign. Being willing to take the hit instead of releasing a bad movie is good. It shows that to the new guy at least quality matters. The DCU has had so many missteps they know they can't afford anymore clunkers if they ever hope to win back the public. They already know they have a PR nightmare coming up with the Flash movie, and they know they can't shelve that movie with the budget it has no matter how they probably wish they could right now. I think going forward WB is going to be a lot more smart about DCU projects
    LOL if you really believe that I have a bridge in London to sell you. The executives at Disney must be laughing their asses off over this.

Mighty Member

Warner Bros. Discovery Releases Statement on Batgirl Cancellation

"The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership's strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max," said a Warner Bros. spokesperson in a statement. "Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future."
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 08-03-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Incredible Member

The sheer level of bad publicity that WB is generating around their DC films is unbelievable. Yeah some of that is beyond their control but rather than trying to improve it they appear to be actively doubling down on the negative headlines. Whether it was good or bad the disrespect shown to the people working on the project is huge.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I had no horse in this race, hell, I didn't even know there was a Batgirl movie in the works until just a couple of weeks ago, but even I can see that statement was nonsense that didn't say a damn thing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Yep, it's official...
    WB executives are a bunch of morons. I hope they have paid all the people involved with the production of Batgirl at the very least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A tax write off? A tax write off!?
    Hilarious, isn't it? Well, maybe not, but you have to find your laughs somewhere. But that was indeed my first thought yesterday on hearing the news, taxes. That said, if they had any confidence in the performance of Batgirl, they probably would have stuck with it. Must have been laughably bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Warner Bros. Discovery Releases Statement on Batgirl Cancellation
    "The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership's strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max," said a Warner Bros. spokesperson in a statement. "Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future."
    I stay away from most social media, but were people assuming it was the actress's fault? To me, if the stories of the film being terrible are true, I would think it was the directors' fault. Otherwise it seems odd to single her out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I was really Looking forward to the movie. More than towards Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Flash or Shazam. Not going to spend money on WB Discovery anytime soon. The actress chosen was a good fit and more Keaton is always a plus but Not going to watch Flash if I can t watch Batgirl

DC is gonna get that total reboot and it’s happening soon…

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    probably all the The Batman stuff.
    Yeah, PROBABLY. But that depends on what demands Zaslav have of Matt Reeves.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Damn. Apparently Warner enjoys to waste money at quite a big scale.