Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96

Thread: Batgirl

  1. #61
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Natalie Holt shares a photo of the GCPD uniforms.


    GCPDuniforms.jpg

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of depends what version of Babs we're talking about, although I guess they'll have her become disillusioned with the system here.
    Disillusioned how?

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Disillusioned how?
    Gotham PD is usually corrupt. So she gets disillusioned with the system and becomes a bat- inspired vigilante.

  4. #64
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Gotham PD is usually corrupt. So she gets disillusioned with the system and becomes a bat- inspired vigilante.
    Either corrupt or ineffective.

  5. #65

  6. #66
    Amazing Member tarbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I hope we will see Victor Zsasz again. Alex Morf was great, because he was very evil with a baby face.

  7. #67
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either corrupt or ineffective.
    Ineffective at beating up people?

    Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    I hope we will see Victor Zsasz again. Alex Morf was great, because he was very evil with a baby face.
    Wasn't he played by Chris Messina in the DCEU?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Ineffective at beating up people?



    Wasn't he played by Chris Messina in the DCEU?
    I guess ineffective at solving crimes. HBO's The Wire went into that topic. Most police forces are more focused on quotas than quality of life crimes.


  9. #69
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess ineffective at solving crimes. HBO's The Wire went into that topic. Most police forces are more focused on quotas than quality of life crimes.

    Yeah, they're ineffective at solving crimes when the demographic of the victim isn't 'important' enough. Of course, I've heard for-profit prisons and some politicians like having a sufficient prison population, whether or not the prisoners in question are actually that dangerous or even guilty. Idk if that's the direction DCEU Batgirl will go.

  10. #70

    Default

    Batgirl and Nightwing are lighter foils to Batman can be dark in their own ways.

    Making Barbara a cop opens the door to those questions. But it's messier to make her a cop that becomes
    a vigilante out of misguided righteousness.

    She might've been better of as a librarian or a software developer etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-15-2021 at 08:31 PM.

  11. #71
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Batgirl and Nightwing are lighter foils to Batman can be dark in their own ways.

    Making Barbara a cop opens the door to those questions. But it's messier to make her a cop that becomes
    a vigilante out of misguided righteousness.

    She might've been better of as a librarian or a software developer etc.
    I feel like librarian as a concept makes her distinct from other superheroes. Cop turned vigilante, on the other hand, could go wrong quickly. It seems too 'dark and edgy'

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Especially since Librarians are also called Media Specialists in many places. I know ours are.
    They manage school individual websites. Work with PTO's on their Facebook/IG presence.
    I know of one Librarian who created an App so for me, the idea of a tech savvy Librarian, even one on BlackHat level is a stretch I can even more easily accept now than I easily did in the 80s.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Especially since Librarians are also called Media Specialists in many places. I know ours are.
    They manage school individual websites. Work with PTO's on their Facebook/IG presence.
    I know of one Librarian who created an App so for me, the idea of a tech savvy Librarian, even one on BlackHat level is a stretch I can even more easily accept now than I easily did in the 80s.
    Oh I didn't know that. That's a cool way to incorporate her tech profiency as Oracle.

  14. #74
    Amazing Member thefinalguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Home with everyone else
    Posts
    76

    Default

    A librarian would've been a lot of fun; her being in the GCPD takes away from her story a bit, but nothing we can do about it now.

  15. #75
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Especially since Librarians are also called Media Specialists in many places. I know ours are.
    They manage school individual websites. Work with PTO's on their Facebook/IG presence.
    I know of one Librarian who created an App so for me, the idea of a tech savvy Librarian, even one on BlackHat level is a stretch I can even more easily accept now than I easily did in the 80s.
    Yeah, maybe that would help her to reach out to the kinds of communities who might need the help of a superhero

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •