Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Yeah, Michael Keaton’s Batman is legendary, but he’s a 70-year old man in this Batgirl movie but apparently still an active fighter by this story’s setting - now that’s an escapist fantasy that gets a bit pathetic when Keaton’s actual age is taken into account. But we can’t possibly point out that “old man strength” isn’t actually a thing the way escapist fiction talks about, can we? And even if he is shown to be weakened by age, and even weaker than Batgirl… a lot of these same “Mary Sue” types would fall all over themselves to say that makes him sympathetic and engaging.

And there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s bullshit if Babs doesn’t get the same treatment, which we agree on.
You know, having watched current age Keaton as an assassin character in The Protege, I became even more ok with the idea of him still playing Batman. Admittedly in my opinion Old Man Batman, if the city still hadn't gotten much better over the years, should rely even more on gadgets, spend less time on the streets, have a decades-built network on the ground to assist him, or all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
I go to the theaters easily twice a month. Just saw Nope in Imax.

Honestly almost any movie is improved by a good theater experience and especially films that are epic or larger then life. See nope even on a big screen home surround experience pales in comparison to the massive IMax screen and sound.

Movies I see in theater are events. Seeing a movie at home just doesn't have the immersive experience or event type feel.

Taking my girl on a movie date or going with a group of friends is a special experience.

Watching a movie at home can be fine too but I highly recommend you find a good theater with good seats and check out at the very least, the event Films, in theaters.

Modern agoraphobia is sad. Everyone has become a reclusive and the pandemic made it worse.

Worlds a big place go out and live your life
Power to you. As someone who generally can't stand elbowing crowds a lot, going to the movies might be one of my top best outside activities, even with the odd bad experience,

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
Dwayne Johnson (Black Adam) rarely turns out a box office stinker, as for The Flash, all the controversies surrounding Ezra Miller might well draw in people out of sheer curiosity.
Miller alone could warrant a good documentary if he keeps it up.