Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Batgirl

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    while Keaton’s Batman would be much more like Batman Beyond version of Bruce.
    I'm sorry, it sounds like you are meaning this would have been a bad thing....

Surely I am misreading that.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I'm sorry, it sounds like you are meaning this would have been a bad thing....

Surely I am misreading that.
    I don't know if this is considered sacrilege, but I prefer Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne to Dark Knight Returns Bruce Wayne.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't know if this is considered sacrilege, but I prefer Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne to Dark Knight Returns Bruce Wayne.
    I always viewed it as one does/could follow the other.
    Batman/Bruce young and spry
    DK Batman/Bruce
    BB Bruce who lives as a hermit in his mansion which is all but considered abandoned(cause he "died" during DK saga).
    My internal timeline.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I always viewed it as one does/could follow the other.
    Batman/Bruce young and spry
    DK Batman/Bruce
    BB Bruce who lives as a hermit in his mansion which is all but considered abandoned(cause he "died" during DK saga).
    My internal timeline.
    I think DKR is a fine story, but IMO Year One was Miller's best Batman story and honestly his Batman is borderline psychotic. I prefer Miller's version of Batman to stay in it's own bubble.

Denny O'Neill and Neal Adam's and BTAS which took heavily from that run are my idealized portrayal of the character with some form of Batman Beyond being his endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think you could see that issue, given your own passionate opinions against The Long Halloween for what we’re, in comparison, far fewer and less obnoxious changes to the story.
    I can empathize, but it's not the same thing exactly. First, BOP is an example of a bad appearance, while LH is a bad adaptation. The BOP isn't an adaptation of a story, just a bad take on characters. This isn't a quality thing, just saying that you're mentioning a different thing that's not of the same type.
    Secondly, you're wrong in your astounding belief that TLH's changes were far fewer, and frankly what is or isn't obnoxious is arguably a subjective opinion I can tell you that it's far, far more obnoxious to this unfortunate viewer than you think. In short, I find TLH far from a "few" changes, and as obnoxious as a film can be, or close to.
    Honestly I'd rather have had a **** appearance on the level of BOP Cassandra Cain than get my favorite Batman story gutted. But you made your point that you abhorred BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Affleck will want to commit to the training and physicality of being Batman again. Maybe one last time, but that's about it.
    Based on Keaton's dad bod Affleck might not have to.

Extraordinary Member

I heard about this a few days ago but i don't think recall anybody talking about it here.
    So i will post this below.
    Good news for dceu batgirl actress.

Warner Bros. Considering a New Batgirl Project for Leslie Grace
    Despite the controversial decision to shelve the HBO Max's Batgirl movie, Warner Bros. Discovery reportedly still wants Leslie Grace to wear the cowl.

Following Warner Bros.'s shocking move to cancel Batgirl, the studio reportedly wants to bring Leslie Grace back as Barbara Gordon.

In the new Variety piece about the confused state of the DCEU, it's reported that new Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav abandoned the original straight-to-streaming plan for less prominent DC characters, including Batgirl, Wonder Twins and Blue Beetle. While Blue Beetle will get a theatrical release, Batgirl was outright shelved. But new studio chiefs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy are reportedly seeking to "mend fences" with Grace to potentially have her remain as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl for either a new standalone project, an appearance in a future DCEU movie or another original WB project.

Part of the cancellation of Batgirl was said to be the result of a poor test screening, with the test audience describing the movie as a "bad episode of TV." Rather than spend more money on reshoots to improve its quality, the studio opted to cut its losses and never allow the movie to see the light of day. The reaction was swift from Batgirl directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah as well as Batgirl star Grace.

Will Leslie Grace Return to the DCEU?

"I feel blessed to have worked among absolute greats and forged relationships for a lifetime in the process," Grace said. "To every Batgirl fan - THANK YOU for the love and belief, allowing me to take on the cape and become, as Babs said best, 'my own damn hero!'"

Grace's co-stars Jacob Scipio and Ivory Aquino reacted to the cancellation by sharing behind-the-scenes photos from the movie. Even DC Films president Walter Hamada nearly quit his job. But Hamada opted to stay in his position until the release of Black Adam in October. One of the few people in the film industry who spoke in defense of WB's decision was Blumhouse Productions boss Jason Blum.

"I was surprised by it, but I understood why they chose to do it," Blum said. "You have a new management, so they want a new start and to brand DC in a certain way."

While Batgirl's future in the DCEU remains to be seen, WBD will be moving forward with Joker: Folie a Deux starring Oscar-winner Joaquin Phoenix, who will team up with Lady Gaga. Additionally, the studio still has a future HBO Max exclusive Black Canary movie with Jurnee Smollett reprising her role from 2020's Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-cons...-leslie-grace/

Warner Bros. Reportedly Wants to Keep Leslie Grace as Batgirl in Future Film
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/warner...l-future-film/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I heard about this a few days ago but i don't think recall anybody talking about it here.
    So i will post this below.
    Good news for dceu batgirl actress.

Warner Bros. Considering a New Batgirl Project for Leslie Grace
    Despite the controversial decision to shelve the HBO Max's Batgirl movie, Warner Bros. Discovery reportedly still wants Leslie Grace to wear the cowl.

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-cons...-leslie-grace/

Warner Bros. Reportedly Wants to Keep Leslie Grace as Batgirl in Future Film
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/warner...l-future-film/
    But who actually believes that would happen? Like really?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    But who actually believes that would happen? Like really?
    Wasn't it being rumored that Grace wasn't interested? As much as I would've liked to see her play the character somewhere, I don't blame her for not wanting to after what happened. Heck, I wonder if the cancelation will lead to more people thinking twice about working with WBD in the future.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I wonder when Discovery will turn their attention to the other 2 big parts of the company they own.

DC Comics - Which is not doing well at all. In the June sales chart , only Batman related books and Dark Crisis is selling well. The only DC title that isn't a Batman related title that made the top #50 was...Black Adam. So things aren't going well at DC Comics.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...mics-july-2022

Then Discovery will be looking at the next 2 years of video game releases. They have 3 big releases in video games. Gotham Knights , Harry Potter and the Suicide Squad game.

If Gotham Knights doesn't sell as well as the Arkham series your likely gonna see Discovery make a push to bring the Arkham game title back to sell games.

In all if your in DC Comics and part of video game division....be worried.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Which all brings up the question, why the hell did they uy this if they don't know **** about it?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wonder when Discovery will turn their attention to the other 2 big parts of the company they own.

DC Comics - Which is not doing well at all. In the June sales chart , only Batman related books and Dark Crisis is selling well. The only DC title that isn't a Batman related title that made the top #50 was...Black Adam. So things aren't going well at DC Comics.

Then Discovery will be looking at the next 2 years of video game releases. They have 3 big releases in video games. Gotham Knights , Harry Potter and the Suicide Squad game.

If Gotham Knights doesn't sell as well as the Arkham series your likely gonna see Discovery make a push to bring the Arkham game title back to sell games.

I mean the deal was just finalized the past few months. A megacorporation that large with problems across the board will not have every problem solved at the same time. It seems right now they are focused on budgets and deciding which major projects are viable and which are money sinks.

It is probably late in development to do too much about the games. Other than make sure the releases are smooth and there aren't embarrassing disaster buggy releases.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which all brings up the question, why the hell did they(Discovery) uy[buy] this if they don't know **** about it?
    The same could be said for DMG with Valiant Comics. They've really screwed the pooch there hardcore. Lets hope DC doesn't circle the drain also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

They will keep DC Comics if for no other reason than The Batman. The Batman ip alone is worth keeping DC comics even if it barely breaks even. I’m sure they would love to keep the rights to Batman, Superman etc. and sell off the rest but no one would buy DC Comics without the marquee characters.

If they want to keep making money off Batman they are stuck with DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Wasn't it the same thing with marvel a few years ago sales were horrible so rumor was Disney was just going to shut it down?