Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirl

Amazing Member

I think this is a good sign. If the movie was crap, it's better to drop it and make good movies going forward. Hopefully we get a good Superman movie going.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Lore View Post
    I think this is a good sign. If the movie was crap, it's better to drop it and make good movies going forward. Hopefully we get a good Superman movie going.
    Problem is I don't know if it's crap just because a bunch of random people say it is you know the same people who green light all those bad movies every year so pardon me but I'd like to see it for myself before my mind is made up for me .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Problem is I don't know if it's crap just because a bunch of random people say it is you know the same people who green light all those bad movies every year so pardon me but I'd like to see it for myself before my mind is made up for me .
    Quoted in agreement.

There's a LOT of crap on streaming and in theatres.

I think they should have allowed us see the movie to decide how bad or good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yep. Batman and Superman. Superman and Batman. More Batman and More Superman and All the Batman and All the Superman!

And that's it. Or so it appears.
    Well that's completely inaccurate. They don't want to do anything with Superman- they won't even commit to bringing back Cavil. No, it will be Batman, Black Adam, Black Adam, Batman, Aquaman, maybe a little Keaton Batman, more Batman, Joker, because why the hell not, and maybe Peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    People are saying ALL of it is done. The Reevesverse, Snyderverse, Hamadaverse, it ALMOST happened to the DUNEverse, or so I heard. Zaslav apparently want to start fresh with DC. Don't understand why DUNE was almost canned tho. But on the other hand they scrapping Scoob, so who knows. Also Bosslogic said there's more terrible news coming.
    "The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership's strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max," said a Warner Bros. spokesperson in a statement. "Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future."

This right there. That is the single most ri-goddamn-diculous thing they could have said. "We hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future"?! SERIOUSLY?! Why in the blue hell would they want to work with Warner Brothers, when the studio has shown they have zero respect for them and are willing to shelve projects on a whim? Who wants to do business with them, when you can go to a number of different studios- from Sony, to Disney, and now to Netflix and Amazon.

At this rate, I'm thinking the Reevesverse is safe, because it made a mint. I think any future Aquaman movies will entirely depend on how this next one performs. I'm not confident that another Wonder Woman will be made anymore. I don't think there will be anymore Shazam movies after this next one, and we won't see the Shazam family again unless it's in Black Adam 2. And I think that the only reason Black Adam is safe is because The Rock is such a massive star.

I truly hope the Dune sequel is safe- yes, there is questions around how well it actually performed in the pandemic, but it has the opportunity to be a new tentpole film for WB, which appears to be what they are looking for. That said, I wouldn't be surprised, if they do get the sequel, if they try to cram everything into the second movie on the chance they won't get a third.

Astonishing Member

I think the movie was done though it had test screenings.
    Complete movies are never shown to test audiences. It's usually rough work prints and most don't have effects done or a proper musical score. They've said the cut of Batgirl shown had no effects.

Test screenings whole purpose is to see what is working and what isn't in a movie. It's those in the screening who help influence how the film turns out with their feedback.

Astonishing Member

They plan to push Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Complete movies are never shown to test audiences. It's usually rough work prints and most don't have effects done or a proper musical score. They've said the cut of Batgirl shown had no effects.

Test screenings whole purpose is to see what is working and what isn't in a movie. It's those in the screening who help influence how the film turns out with their feedback.
    Yes they are they do test screenings ask people after what works and what doesn't in the finished product sometimes it Leeds to resoots or different endings at least that's how it was for the few I've been to.
    Last edited by choptop; 08-03-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yes they are they do test screenings ask people after what works and what doesn't in the finished product sometimes it Leeds to resoots or different endings at least that's how it was for the few I've been to.
    From what was reported a very rough cut was shown. It was going to have further edits and the effects still needed to be done. Despite that, alot of people said it was fairly decent.

It comes down to money in this case and Zaslav has stated he wants movies in theatres. Not on streaming. It's slightly misguided, but that's business I guess. Movies are art after all and art is subjective. I just feel sorry for those who put their heart into this and now it'll never be put out there for people to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Lore View Post
    Τhey spent 90 million making Batgirl and now by axing it means they have wasted them.
    How are they going to make a good Superman movie when they keep wasting money like this?

Turns out batgirls yest screening score was in the mid 60s. Not that bad a score and the same score as shazam 2!

Yes shazam 2 has the same score as batgirl!

Also, note the it remake had the same score!

Pual dini confirms scoob 2 had great test scores also!

Something doesn't add up in the ceos excuse.

https://comicbookmovie.com/batman/ba...e-gods-a195124

Mid 60s is not that bad a score!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Turns out batgirls yest screening score was in the mid 60s. Not that bad a score and the same score as shazam 2!

Yes shazam 2 has the same score as batgirl!

Also, note the it remake had the same score!

Pual dini confirms scoob 2 had great test scores also!

Something doesn't add up in the ceos excuse.

https://comicbookmovie.com/batman/ba...e-gods-a195124

Mid 60s is not that bad a score!
    It's a tax write off, pure and simple. They have until mid-august to write things off from before the merger and they evidently crunched the numbers and their expected profits from these projects wasn't greater than what they could write them off for.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Niffleheim

At least that will stop or not the narrative that I see on social media and Youtube commentary.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    At least that will stop or not the narrative that I see on social media and Youtube commentary.
    Lol no, it won't. Unfortunately the problem with the internet is that anyone can get on it (that's also one of the good things) and there a lot of unintelligent and/or willfully ignorant people out there. The narrative is this was done because the movie was horrible and that's not likely to change due to actual facts.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As someone once said, don't let facts get in the way of a good story

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Exactly. I don't ever take Rotten Tomatoes, MetaCritic or IMDB scores legit. Especially in the first year because we've all heard/seen and witnessed these on-line "flash mobs" who seek to intentionally trash scores to do just that, influence the weak minded.
    Now a score on a movie that is a decade or more old, that is different, any slight could be accounted for by actual legit scores.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime