Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It begins… RUMOR: Disney Plus Discussing X-Men Series For Villain Magneto

A Disney Plus series is being discussed based on the popular X-Men villain, Magneto.

Ever since Disney bought 20th Century Fox back in 2019, we’ve been waiting for them to add the Fantastic Four and X-Men into the MCU. We have heard a lot of plans are in the works for a couple of years now. However, the only thing solid right now is the Fantastic Four movie. But what about the X-Men?

The first mutant in the MCU is supposed to be Ursa Major (Olivier Richters), but since we never really saw his powers in Black Widow, and the character is mostly just a cameo role. Therefore, it’s hard to tell if he’s really a mutant.

Wolverine is also in the works, but this has been developing for a long time now.

We are sure that Kevin Feige is already piecing together things to make this happen. It’s no secret that Marvel Studios is developing the MCU with the mutants at a steady pace. So, it’s just a matter of time when this will happen. Geekosity owner Mikey Sutton even reported that James McAvoy might reprise his role as a variant of Professor X in the Doctor Strange sequel. He won’t be the same character from the Fox movies. But, hey, the multiverse has been unlocked in the MCU. Consequently, anything can happen.

Yes, it’s the master of magnetism Erik Lehnsherr. He is sworn to protect mutant kind and the one considered to be Professor X’s arch rival. Right now, it’s in the early planning stages; moreover, insiders say that it hasn’t been greenlit yet. It will still depend on how it will progress in the near future. The series is being built as an origin story within the MCU. There will be no connection to the Fox movies or the TV series The Gifted. He is being developed as a “gray zone” villain. He is morally ambiguous like Killmonger and Thanos. Magneto is not evil by choice. He is motivated by a positive goal, but he is considered as evil in his actions and methods.

The show is planned to include Magneto’s daughter, Lorna Dane, a.k.a. Polaris. She is well known for having green hair; furthermore, she also has the same abilities as Magneto. Marvel Studios intends to reference Professor Charles Xavier in the show. The Disney Plus series is being setup for a cinematic confrontation between the two powerful mutants. Professor X vs. Magneto.

No announcements will be made as of yet since development is its infancy. We are sure that if Marvel has made the necessary plans, they will be announcing the title and the possible timeline for it, even [if] they haven’t gotten an actor for it.

The mutants will rise from the ashes.
    SOURCE: https://geekositymag.com/disney-plus...llain-magneto/

Additional source: https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/r...es-for-disney/
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-25-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Same site said they’re working on a Wolverine solo movie, and prior to that I believe they said a Wolverine anthology series for Disney+ (though the latter rumor could’ve come from a different site).

I don’t know. I feel like if there is one character that has been perfectly depicted in the Fox universe, it is definitely Magneto. Whatelse do the want to tell with the character?! Let’s give the spotlight to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same site said they’re working on a Wolverine solo movie, and prior to that I believe they said a Wolverine anthology series for Disney+ (though the latter rumor could’ve come from a different site).
    Yeah...

Sounds like the same "Whole Lot Of Nothing..." that has already been out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don’t know. I feel like if there is one character that has been perfectly depicted in the Fox universe, it is definitely Magneto. Whatelse do the want to tell with the character?! Let’s give the spotlight to someone else.
    Maybe his story of becoming an X-Man/hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    My God, this! I feel like this character has been thoroughly mined within an inch of his life in the cinematic medium. Not like a Wolverine, but close enough. I guess a series with him would be inevitable, but I'd rather another popular A or B lister who never got their proper due got first crack of the first wave of potential Disney+ series. I don’t believe I buy this though. I would think the X film series getting off the ground would take higher priority than getting a series going on Disney+. I would imagine those would trickle out later.

Doubt it. They haven't even officially started production on an X-Men movie. Before we have actual news of that, the spinoff rumors are most likely bullshit. Plus a Magneto solo show or movie is an easy thing to just guess and then say you "reported it" when it ends up happening.

This article certainly may be fake, but it’s a no brainer that if they want to tell Magneto’s Holocaust background which is too long, complicated, and frankly too dark for a MCU film the place to tell it would be a streaming show.

As for Lorna and the MCU that will be an interesting question to see how it goes as well. I think they would be wisest to follow the idea of her as a true middle ground character in a way the comics usually shies away from doing.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-25-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe they'll try a new story with him?

Like he's a good guy, but then someone he loves is killed, and he goes pyscho but then by the end, Xavier manages to forgive him with a poetic speech despite him probably killing a few hundred when he's in a bad mood? And we'll all chuckle and think: Oh, these two silly men....

X-line should be on hulu. I'm starting to feel like what is the point of Marvel/Disney even purchasing it if they aren't going to put some of these properties on it. The only thing they've done so far is Modok and Runaways.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-line should be on hulu. I'm starting to feel like what is the point of Marvel/Disney even purchasing it if they aren't going to put some of these properties on it. The only thing they've done so far is Modok and Runaways.
    I think Disney cares too much about branding/association to ever put valuable Marvel properties on Hulu. Hulu has all sorts of non Disney content. The money may all come from the same place between the two but I think associating Marvel with Disney/Disney + is more profitable and smarter for them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Maybe they'll try a new story with him?

Like he's a good guy, but then someone he loves is killed, and he goes pyscho but then by the end, Xavier manages to forgive him with a poetic speech despite him probably killing a few hundred when he's in a bad mood? And we'll all chuckle and think: Oh, these two silly men....
    The Anya gets killed by humans and Magneto goes apeshit story has been told. The last time was in X-Men Apocalypse. I am not going to say its a terrible or even bad story, but it has nowhere near the thematic power of his Holocaust backstory. The dead daughter/vengeance story is too standard and common a story in fiction.

The young mutant surviving the Final Solution and deciding to wage a war to defend his race while fearing becoming what he hated is probably one of the three best backstories/character motivations in all of fiction.

For Lorna I have more then suspected for the past 15 years the comics have wanted to continuity scrub away her Genosha genocide pathos and replace her motivational core with the writers own idea or something easier to adapt for future films. Morrison captured lightening in a battle. All attempts by other writers to replace the pathos and capture lightening in a bottle with their own ideas for her pathos has failed completely.

Sometimes a writer captures lightening in a bottle for a character and all other ideas just pale in comparison. That would be what the Holocaust backstory ended up being for Magneto.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-25-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think Disney cares too much about branding/association to ever put valuable Marvel properties on Hulu. Hulu has all sorts of non Disney content. The money may all come from the same place between the two but I think associating Marvel with Disney/Disney + is more profitable and smarter for them in the long run.
    i mean it makes sense. But on the flip if your trying to gain subscribers on hulu they need to do more because it really is at the point the weakest link in it's branch and they are doing a bit of a disservice to their own properties by putting them in the same basket in disney plus. Though i have to say that new anthology show on there with the fantasy/scifi based stories was actually really good. I was shocked they didn't really dumb it down for kids. I think it was called Just Beyond. The whole series was pretty good.

But characters like Punisher, Wolverine, they can be part of the other world and have more mature themed stories on there. Like daredevil in particular in my opinion would translate better on hulu than disney + but i guess it depends on what they are going for.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This rumor has been around for some years already, I guess the idea is to tell Magneto´s origin story, holocaust, Anya, Israel and Lorna´s birth here or on Star + while another character becomes the X-men villain for the first movie, the original rumor said something about making Magneto a more general mcu character while still being an antagonist. I personally would prefer it this way because then the main X-men movie can be all about the origin of mutants and the X-men as a group, which would include Charles and Moira.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Do any of you remember the source who leaked the early stages of Legion series and the Gifted (which was a Hellfire Club series)? Just checking if it's the same source...