Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Personally I think it would be really neat if they focused on Mystique, like maybe made her more of an important character in the x-mythos? Maybe like a sister of sorts to Xavier, and make a lot of important events revolve around her. Yeah, I think that would be great. People would love it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Personally I think it would be really neat if they focused on Mystique, like maybe made her more of an important character in the x-mythos? Maybe like a sister of sorts to Xavier, and make a lot of important events revolve around her. Yeah, I think that would be great. People would love it.
    You hit the nail on the head. She needs to be complex though, so let's have her become famous for being proud of being a blue mutant... that always looks like a normal human.

Hoping Fassbender can return! I feel like he did a great job as younger Magneto and can really flesh out more of the character in a series. spoilers:
    Like they did with Evan Peters as Quicksilver on WandaVision
    end of spoilers

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    Hoping Fassbender can return! I feel like he did a great job as younger Magneto and can really flesh out more of the character in a series. spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    yeah Fassbender is Peters Dadneto.

baumblume

So at the end of all this, are we going to finally get Peter and his Dadneto ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-line should be on hulu. I'm starting to feel like what is the point of Marvel/Disney even purchasing it if they aren't going to put some of these properties on it. The only thing they've done so far is Modok and Runaways.
    Funny thing for me. I'm not particular hyped for new life action movies or life action streaming shows with the X-men, what i want is a new cartoon show, preferably one that blow TAS and Evolution out of the water. A super hero show to rival Avatar the Last Airbender (yeah that's somewhat aiming far to high, but one can dream).

Because that's where i feel the X-men could shine the most (albeit less openly bloody, which does not work well for Wolverine), both in display of the various powers and in having the longterm arcs and character progression that the classic comics had become famed for.

Movies always have to cut things down and streaming shows have tighter budgets. Cartoon shows meanwhile have the length of the later but can show grand displays of super powers at the fraction of a budget that life action requires.

But of course movies is where the big bucks are and streaming life action shows are the new prestige thing. So it seems nobody at Disney is likely thinking about bringing the X-men there, in spite of X-men's mainstream popularity being in part thanks to the first two cartoon shows and cartoons in general being Disney's origin.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    It´s a possibility, they could be variants of Pietro and Magneto who are related in the Fox universe, we dont know yet if they are going to be family in the MCU and I always got the feeling the plot point from Apocalypse was left open on Dark Phoenix because the MCU wanted to do their own version and they already owned the rights to the characters but they sure have taken their time in telling the story.

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    end of spoilers
    Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    At the actual end of all this?

A site was most likely spreading a rumor about a show that will never actually exist.

Who knows, I think this series has a chance to exist, Feige has been making plans with the X-men and Magneto for the MCU even back when Disney didn´t have the rights to them and he initially included Nick Fury talking about mutants at the end of Iron Man´s first movie and he the intention to include scenes of wolverine and Magneto in the first Captain America movie before Fox began the rights lawsuit with the MCU. So there have been some plans already and they may be deciding between including him in a movie or a series and I think a series makes more sense for Magneto, because there´s a lot to cover with him that doens´t involve the X-men or even mutants so a series makes sense for him.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ultimate Member

Magneto's cool but we had a lot of him (and Logan too). Let's see other X-Men characters and stories get some attention

I agree he had some good scenes on Fox movies and it´s time for other characters to take center stage, this is why I support a series to re-introduce him, that leaves plenty of space to tackled just the X-men team on their first movie, while Magneto story is being told elsewhere. I also would not mind if the X-men movie comes before this series, in the case they go ahead with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. She needs to be complex though, so let's have her become famous for being proud of being a blue mutant... that always looks like a normal human.
    You realize of course you would not be dealing with the comic book Mystique any longer in all this. If you're not using her, what's the point?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-26-2021 at 06:56 PM.

If they were to use Mystique, I kind would prefer more the comic version. I'd rather a more "villain" version of her than the too-good righteous version from Fox. I would prefer if they make her standout different than the "Disney-esque" avenger type heroes too haha.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Anya gets killed by humans and Magneto goes apeshit story has been told. The last time was in X-Men Apocalypse. I am not going to say its a terrible or even bad story, but it has nowhere near the thematic power of his Holocaust backstory. The dead daughter/vengeance story is too standard and common a story in fiction.

The young mutant surviving the Final Solution and deciding to wage a war to defend his race while fearing becoming what he hated is probably one of the three best backstories/character motivations in all of fiction.

For Lorna I have more then suspected for the past 15 years the comics have wanted to continuity scrub away her Genosha genocide pathos and replace her motivational core with the writers own idea or something easier to adapt for future films. Morrison captured lightening in a battle. All attempts by other writers to replace the pathos and capture lightening in a bottle with their own ideas for her pathos has failed completely.

Sometimes a writer captures lightening in a bottle for a character and all other ideas just pale in comparison. That would be what the Holocaust backstory ended up being for Magneto.
    Bleh. How about just try telling Magneto's story in a coherent way?