Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It begins… RUMOR: Disney Plus Discussing X-Men Series For Villain Magneto

A Disney Plus series is being discussed based on the popular X-Men villain, Magneto.

Ever since Disney bought 20th Century Fox back in 2019, we’ve been waiting for them to add the Fantastic Four and X-Men into the MCU. We have heard a lot of plans are in the works for a couple of years now. However, the only thing solid right now is the Fantastic Four movie. But what about the X-Men?

The first mutant in the MCU is supposed to be Ursa Major (Olivier Richters), but since we never really saw his powers in Black Widow, and the character is mostly just a cameo role. Therefore, it’s hard to tell if he’s really a mutant.

Wolverine is also in the works, but this has been developing for a long time now.

We are sure that Kevin Feige is already piecing together things to make this happen. It’s no secret that Marvel Studios is developing the MCU with the mutants at a steady pace. So, it’s just a matter of time when this will happen. Geekosity owner Mikey Sutton even reported that James McAvoy might reprise his role as a variant of Professor X in the Doctor Strange sequel. He won’t be the same character from the Fox movies. But, hey, the multiverse has been unlocked in the MCU. Consequently, anything can happen.

Yes, it’s the master of magnetism Erik Lehnsherr. He is sworn to protect mutant kind and the one considered to be Professor X’s arch rival. Right now, it’s in the early planning stages; moreover, insiders say that it hasn’t been greenlit yet. It will still depend on how it will progress in the near future. The series is being built as an origin story within the MCU. There will be no connection to the Fox movies or the TV series The Gifted. He is being developed as a “gray zone” villain. He is morally ambiguous like Killmonger and Thanos. Magneto is not evil by choice. He is motivated by a positive goal, but he is considered as evil in his actions and methods.

The show is planned to include Magneto’s daughter, Lorna Dane, a.k.a. Polaris. She is well known for having green hair; furthermore, she also has the same abilities as Magneto. Marvel Studios intends to reference Professor Charles Xavier in the show. The Disney Plus series is being setup for a cinematic confrontation between the two powerful mutants. Professor X vs. Magneto.

No announcements will be made as of yet since development is its infancy. We are sure that if Marvel has made the necessary plans, they will be announcing the title and the possible timeline for it, even [if] they haven’t gotten an actor for it.

The mutants will rise from the ashes.
    SOURCE: https://geekositymag.com/disney-plus...llain-magneto/

Additional source: https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/r...es-for-disney/

Ultimate Member

Wow, it's not like the XCU overdid it with Erik and Logan!/s

The true X-Men Origins: Magneto.

Surprised they'd start out with Magneto to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Logistically, it could be useful to contextualize what is supposed to separate Mutants from other Enhanced, how we’re supposed to get the traditional “persecuted” aspect of their story, and place it in the wider MCU.

If, for instance, they want to say that mutants have been hunted for decades to be used as weapons (Wolverine-style) and dehumanized and exploited abusively, all in a manner designed to try and contrast with the usual empowered characters of the setting, Magneto isn’t just a handy character for that, but arguably *the* character who should most encapsulate that perspective.

Of course this is still just hearsay right now. I’m still waiting on that John Boyega-starring Finn show that was rumored for D+ a month or two ago.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Hope it's not true; we don't need more Magneto stuff after Fox strip mined the character/
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Maybe they'll change him from being the terrible parent that he's been to all of his kids to being a good father, but then again that would take a whole lot of rewriting and retconning history...

It's interesting that they are choosing the one character that has been already noted as difficult to adapt, because of his ties to real world events. I wonder if they will use some de-aging, or set the series in the past.

They could go the Cartoon route I suppose, which pretty much dropped out the WWII part, but still had a "war" of some kind.

Or do something like the comics did, with has post-Silver Age/Early Bronze age Magneto pretty much be a younger man in his 20s-40s due to Mutant Alpha and Erik The Red.

Or ignore it entirely like Dark Pheonix did, where 62 year old Magneto somehow looks 40ish with no real explanation.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Loki of the mutant corner of the MCU.
    At least that is how I could imagine him being paralleled in a pitch session.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Loki of the mutant corner of the MCU.
    At least that is how I could imagine him being paralleled in a pitch session.
    Loki didn't spend 5 movies going back and forth between being a villain and a hero

Honestly, I'd like the MCU X-Men to go in a different direction.

It would be cool if they didnt go the Magneto wants to take over the world route. But now full on hero either. Like he is a protector of Mutants. He really doenst want to take over the humans. Just wants to be left alone with his group in whatever island/asteroid/nation he tries to set up. Like he plays a more defensive role. Attacking the humans when they attack his home. Doesnt try to destroy cities or whatever. but he is not above taking out a plant that makes Sentinels or mutant hunting gear. Maybe have him work behind the scenes using money to promote pro mutants groups or humans into position of power. He sees Xavier as more harm then good because he is training a group of mutants who publicly use their powers in destructive ways that hurt people caught in the middle.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Never heard of this site at all. I'll wait till one of the big movie sites like deadline or hollywood reporter list it otherwise i'll take it only as a rumor for now.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Loki didn't spend 5 movies going back and forth between being a villain and a hero

Honestly, I'd like the MCU X-Men to go in a different direction.
    Well, in his own way...
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It would be cool if they didnt go the Magneto wants to take over the world route. But now full on hero either. Like he is a protector of Mutants. He really doenst want to take over the humans. Just wants to be left alone with his group in whatever island/asteroid/nation he tries to set up. Like he plays a more defensive role. Attacking the humans when they attack his home. Doesnt try to destroy cities or whatever. but he is not above taking out a plant that makes Sentinels or mutant hunting gear. Maybe have him work behind the scenes using money to promote pro mutants groups or humans into position of power. He sees Xavier as more harm then good because he is training a group of mutants who publicly use their powers in destructive ways that hurt people caught in the middle.
    Whatever their take on Magneto I would assume he would still end up fighting the X-Men at some point.

Well, in his own way...

Whatever their take on Magneto I would assume he would still end up fighting the X-Men at some point.
    I know they will go that route. Ban man has that been doen to death. There is so much in the X Lore that they could do. Yet they are always stuck on the Evil Magneto vs the Xmen in some form. It just gets old.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of how to do the Xmen in the MCU that I posted in the Minorites in Comics and Media thread. Something like that would be great and it would get away from Magneto and Xavier for a bit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here is my idea for the Xmen in the MCU. It does have Magento vs the Xmen thing that I want them to get away from. But there is also a way to get away from it because that happned years ago in my MCU time lime.

Why not have the best of both worlds with The Xmen. New and old.

Have it that in the 60's or 70's Xavier did have a small school. There were not a lot of mutants but he took a couple of powerful ones and made them into the Xmen. Magneto did show up and tried his take over but the Xmen stopped them. After that a couple of things kept the Xmen from being needed long term. Number 1 the mutant population did not grow in the way Xavier thought it would. Number 2 when a mutant was deemed a threat The Government took them out. Either through assassination or capture and experimentation. So Xavier closed his school partly because there was no long term need for the Xmen also because the government forced him too as well.

Years later mutants are starting to show up in the MCU. Because they are of the age their powers form, have been in hiding, the snap However they want to explain it or a combo of all 3. And thanks to the leaked Shield files it has been learned about The Xmen and Magneto though no one really bothered with the story until now when more mutants are showing up. There are groups of mutants who want to follow Xavier's ideals, some who want to follow Magneto's ideals because the truth about the assassination of mutants has come out and some who just want to be left alone.

This would be a way to have the older Xmen Xavier and Magneto who have this almost mythical legend around them with the new mutants. They have a cult like following and it is not made clear in the Shield files what happened to Magneto, Xavier, or any of the Xmen and this leads to all kinds of conspiracy theories and this leaves it open so they can show up later. This way you are not shoe horned into using the main Xmen and can do more with the newer mutants including having women and POC being featured rather then feeling shoe horned into using Storm to fit that role like always.