Default Pitch: Character Arc for Comics/Series/Film

Many who love to praise series like the Snyderverse and Injustice, consider those series groundbreaking as they took Superman supposedly into bold new directions that added layers to an otherwise boring/bland/uninteresting character(as far as they are concerned). However, i wonder if the same thing can be done better for superman while respecting his established mythos aswell and characterization instead going for shock value driven stories.

I'd like to know, if anyone here has ideas on a character arc for either a comic, film, series or game they'd like to pitch involving exclusively superman and the characters from his area of the DC universe. What villian/villians would you pick, whattrials, tribulations and turmoils would place in the characters path, how would they grow or change towards the end etc, thankyou

Incredible Member

I've been building my own idea for a Superman TV Series for a while now. While I'm still getting the inital season ideas finished with, here's a list of some of the few ideas I'd throw into the mix:

Krypton: A complex history is delved into in this series; the ancient Kryptonian Empire spanning the 28 known galaxies, leading to the creation of Doomsday (stopped only by the combined might of the GLC); the sun Rao is has it’s energy drained by a Sun-Eater as punishment (explaining the red sun); the secret discovery of the Phantom Zone by Seg-El (and how the Projector’s “at-the-time” crude technology stripped it’s inmates of the physical forms, hence the name); Jax-Ur tries to avoid the Zone Sentence by leaking the Phantom Zone Projector’s existence to the general public (resulting in a civil unrest led by the “Black Zero” insurrectionists); the Black Zero Uprising coming to an abrupt end with the appearance of the Computer Tyrant Brainiac and the disappearance of the capital city Kandor); the iron grip of the Kryptonian Scientist council (who have held the reins of the Council longer than legally required, another guild should have long taken charge by now) leds to a military coup led by General Zod; and of course, Jor-El’s discovery of the planet’s core becoming unstable.
    Clark’s “Superboy” Years: Flashbacks of Clark’s teen years have him saving people in Smallville, while keeping his activates a secret would be seen throughout. I have it that Smallville has it’s own inner circle in the form of Jonathan Kent, Chief Douglas Parker and Lana’s uncle Professor Phineas Potter (Pa Kent needed their help to move Clark’s shuttle to the barn without drawing attention to himself; Smallville’s a smalltown), they work together to help keep Clark’s secret in the dark from the town’s citizens, while Chief Parker sometimes asks Clark’s help on certain cases and Prof. Potter investigating the ship for clues on Clark’s past. Clark would meet the Legion of Super-Heroes at this time, and bumped into Vartox, Mon-El and Insect Queen during this tenure. Lana, Pete and Chloe are his best mates, while dealing with 3 bullies; Whitney Fordman, Kenny Braverman and Brad “Bash” Bradford (one becomes a better person, one becomes a bigger villain in the long run, and the other… who knows).
    The L-Corp Think-Tank: Inspired by Shogun Manga (forgive spelling), I expand Lex-Corp to not just be about the Luthors. I have the Corporation run by Lionel Luthor at first, leading a board of scientists taking advantage of the appearance of Superman to create a armada of Super-Soldiers: comprised of K. Russell Abernathy (creator of the Kryptonite Men, discovers and/or creates different forms of Kryptonite, and his run-off biproducts inadvertently lead to the creation of Parasite), Emmett Vale (Lionel’s oldest friend, leading weapons manufacturer and creator of the Metallo Alloy), Dabney Donovan (Head of the subsidiary “Cadmus”, mad geneticist, creator of Project Match/ Bizarro, Nuclear Man, and Conner Kent) and the mysterious Delores Winters (head of neural science, discoveries of the human brain)
    Lex Luthor: Taking notes from the Silver Age, Lex would still have his red hair at this point and is considered an embarrassment by his father, who tried to have him moved to a offshore division (out of sight, out of mind). He starts of as an ally to Superman, working together to take down his father’s think-tank. However, by the end of Season 1, Lex pulls a one-eighty and has his father killed in a way takes suspicion away from him and onto Superman, in a diabolical plan to seize control of the company. He also tries to kill Superman with Kryptonite, only to have Lois pick up the meteor shard and hurl it at Lex’s face. It scrams Lex’s face, leaving bloody marks and traces of Green K on him (Uh-Oh, that can’t be good in the long run)
    Ultra-Humanite: Basically the big bad of the 1st season, the mad scientist Gerald Shugel was a former member of Vincent Edge’s Intergang years ago. But following Vincent’s arrest (at the hands of his media mogul son, Morgan), the scientist vanished into thin air. During the season, Intergang (currently led by Bruno Mannheim) is targeted by the old man multiple times, but when Superman finally hunts him down, he finds the shriveled corpse of the Shugel. But designs for a brainwave transfer lead him to believe Shugel is alive, in someone else’s body (3 guesses who).
    Morgan Edge: Taking notes from his Pre-Crisis self, Morgan may be a douchebag, but he’s not a villain (more like “Legend of Korra”’s Varrick). He is arch-rival to Perry White, constantly causing trouble to with the Daily Planet, and his actions inadvertently lead to Prankster and Livewire (both have a score to settle with Edge).
    Toyman: A more mentally disturbing Winslow P. Schott is made for this series. A year or two before Superman came into the scene, Toyman was serving 5-to-life at Stryker’s Island for the death of Adam Grant, Cat Grant’s 5-year-old son. Cat had made some rather rude comments about Schott in her story about him, and as a result Toyman sent a toy plane loaded with a mini gun to kill Cat. However, when Cat took a swing at the plane with her handbag, she inadvertently knocked out the targeting system, resulting in Adam getting caught in the crossfire. Toyman despises child-abusers/ molesters and has been known to kill such scum while in prison (resulting in him getting solitary confinement in his first appearance). Released by Lex Luthor in his plan to overthrow L-Corp, Schott learns Superman’s secret Identity, making him one of the most dangerous rogues Superman has.