Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Who is your favorite "old man" Superman?

Is the current Clark Kent heading towards Kingdom Come Clark Kent, or is Superman really growing weaker?

Is there any history of older Kryptonians?

Do you think in World of Krypton there will be a thorough history of the Council of Elders? (Imperial Council) and what do you think that history would be?
    Last edited by 2real; 10-25-2021 at 09:23 PM.

In my humble opinion, just give Clark the mullet and let him build his farm on Warworld.

I think based on Kingdom Come, Superman needs his yellow sun, so an actual council of elders on Krypton would be just that, elder-y. I want the idea that they grow stronger with age. It would give me hope that Clark will always be around. Not just for his son when he needs him, but for everyone in the universe.

I think the weakness and the age has something to do with the big Kryptonite reveal they're hinting at. I don't think it's permanent, by any means - even "in continuity."
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

In Superman & the Authority he seems to be getting weaker and in PKJ Action they say he’s slowing. But that’s on account of him getting hit with some kind of dimensional energy, not age.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In Superman & the Authority he seems to be getting weaker and in PKJ Action they say he’s slowing. But that’s on account of him getting hit with some kind of dimensional energy, not age.
    Yeah but is this a "dimensional energy" that's thought out?
    Or is this a white kryptonite thing that never will get mentioned again.

My biggest issue with Action Comics is the only definitive take they've given is Clark is getting weaker. Whereas they better get real strong real quick on WarWorld

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I think the weakness and the age has something to do with the big Kryptonite reveal they're hinting at. I don't think it's permanent, by any means - even "in continuity."
    God I hope so

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I think the weakness and the age has something to do with the big Kryptonite reveal they're hinting at.
    Wait, that wasn't explained yet? I thought his weakening and aging was due to the attack of the green creatures in PKJ's first two-parter. He was supposed to die but the wound is killing him slowly instead. I just assumed that, well, the creatures were green so either have Kryptonite blood or magic or something.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Assuming this is a real thread about who is our favorite "Old Man Superman" mine would be KC Superman given that he actually does get stronger as he gets older. Or, more specifically, the Arrow-verse's Earth 96 Superman who is a combination of the KC Superman and Donner Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

I don't care much for Kingdom Come; he might be my least favorite version of Superman who's still intended to be a hero and protagonist.

If I have a favorite Old Man Kal, it's definitely "The Ghost of Superman Future," by Elliot S! Maggin from Superman # 416. This version of Superman has a big 'ol Santa beard, he's been traveling the galaxy for ages, and he's old friends with Luthor, who reformed due to future events whose dominoes started to fall in this issue!

Superman_v.1_416.jpg

All of that said, I've never read Action Comics 385-387, a story of Superman aging far into the distant future, whose third issue features Superman dying at over a million years old on the cover. This trilogy was allegedly one of Weisinger's last big hurrahs before retiring from Superman, and I've always wanted to read it, but never had the chance.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I completely spaced that one! No pun intended. And I have that issue so I have no excuse.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The epilogue to Thy Kingdom Come story from the JSA book showing the future of the Kingdom Come Earth. An old Clark walking down the street in Metropolis looking up and seeing the team he inspired carrying on the fight. To me that is the perfect ending for Superman. I hate the idea of an immortal Superman, and would rather seem him age slowly and enjoying his golden years.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Wait, that wasn't explained yet? I thought his weakening and aging was due to the attack of the green creatures in PKJ's first two-parter. He was supposed to die but the wound is killing him slowly instead. I just assumed that, well, the creatures were green so either have Kryptonite blood or magic or something.
    Oh - yeah, that's my bad, I've missed a few issues. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Oh - yeah, that's my bad, I've missed a few issues. lol
    Same, I read those issues and have skimmed everything since waiting for Superman to arrive on Warworld.

I feel like Milhouse whining "when are they getting to the fireworks factory?" *sobs pathetically*. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I don't know if he counts as "old" even though he is, but DC One Million Superman had a really satisfying ending to his story. It was the perfect ending for Superman imo.

Retired

My favourite is the Immortal Superman from ACTION COMICS 385 - 387. He literally lived beyond the end of time. I also like "There'll Always Be a Superman," ACTION COMICS 62.