Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, How old do you think Lashina is? 19? NOPE! :P He's half New-God, so he's longer lived than Kryptonians. At any rate, Lashina is an interesting character... when she actually does something other than her usual job as Darkseid's super-mook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTu07Z8XMk8

EDIT: oh yeah, then there's Lashina and Jonah Hex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vvQw6JIcH4 (technically not DCAU?) Aw, that clip leaves out the good part... where Lashina decides to becomes Hex's moll after Mongal is out of the picture.
    Just clarifying, Lashina and Superman had their relations at the end of STAS, and the Beyond era is approximately 40 years later. So, any kid of Superman and Lashina should be about 40. Then again, New Gods might have unusually long gestation periods, or maybe they're like David the Gnome and they're still in their adolescence after their 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Did Lashina have a thing with Kal in "Legacy" or something and I just forgot?

I thought he seemed to have something of a relationship with Barda in the JLU episode, which I've seen duplicated in comics like "The Dark Side" I suppose... Was that also Lashina and I'm misremembering? I feel like this picture is gaslighting me, hahaha!
    One of the later episodes of Superman:TAS had Darkseid attempt to mind control Superman into being his servant. Darkseid told Kal-el and Lashina to go and "celebrate" after which she kisses him and they walk off-screen together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTu07Z8XMk8 Yeah.... that leaves a lot to the imagination... the look in Lashina's eyes didn't say "just friends" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just clarifying, Lashina and Superman had their relations at the end of STAS, and the Beyond era is approximately 40 years later. So, any kid of Superman and Lashina should be about 40. Then again, New Gods might have unusually long gestation periods, or maybe they're like David the Gnome and they're still in their adolescence after their 50s.
    Well, I'm just saying it's plausible for a New God to look that young at 40, that's all. 'cause, wellll, Lashina doesn't exactly look much older herself.

One of the later episodes of Superman:TAS had Darkseid attempt to mind control Superman into being his servant. Darkseid told Kal-el and Lashina to go and "celebrate" after which she kisses him and they walk off-screen together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTu07Z8XMk8 Yeah.... that leaves a lot to the imagination... the look in Lashina's eyes didn't say "just friends" though.
    Well, I'm just saying it's plausible for a New God to look that young at 40, that's all. 'cause, wellll, Lashina doesn't exactly look much older herself.
    Got it. FWIW, the DC Fandom site seems to imply the age like us Earthlings do until age 30 and then cease aging, but since the DCAU wasn't tied to whoever came up with that rationale, I guess Lashina's kid could be 40 earth-years old and still be a teen.

EDIT: Oh, so in DCAU, not only were they supposed to have a kid, but Lashina and Superman's kid was supposed to overthrow Darkseid as ruler of Apokolips and try to take over Earth. That's some interesting Elseworlds-type story plotting, but I'm glad it didn't make it to the DCAU timeline. Or at least not yet.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-08-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Got it. FWIW, the DC Fandom site seems to imply the age like us Earthlings do until age 30 and then cease aging, but since the DCAU wasn't tied to whoever came up with that rationale, I guess Lashina's kid could be 40 earth-years old and still be a teen.
    Yeah New Gods age at whatever rate the plot demands seemingly.
    EDIT: Oh, so in DCAU, not only were they supposed to have a kid, but Lashina and Superman's kid was supposed to overthrow Darkseid as ruler of Apokolips and try to take over Earth. That's some interesting Elseworlds-type story plotting, but I'm glad it didn't make it to the DCAU timeline. Or at least not yet.
    I think the main reason it didn't happen is that, well... it'd need a proper story arc, and IF we'd gotten a series for Superman Beyond, then that'd give them room to do it. While you could do something like offhandedly mentioning Darkseid isn't in charge of Apokalips any more, you can't just shoehorn the entire plot into something else though.

Of course, that picture doesn't read as "Lord of Apokalips" so I'm not sure he's actually supposed to be 40 in it. really dunno who made it or why.

Yeah New Gods age at whatever rate the plot demands seemingly.

Somebody explain then Granny Goddness then, please!!

I think the main reason it didn't happen is that, well... it'd need a proper story arc, and IF we'd gotten a series for Superman Beyond, then that'd give them room to do it. While you could do something like offhandedly mentioning Darkseid isn't in charge of Apokalips any more, you can't just shoehorn the entire plot into something else though.

Of course, that picture doesn't read as "Lord of Apokalips" so I'm not sure he's actually supposed to be 40 in it. really dunno who made it or why.
    I think than Kryptonian biology plus New god biology can extend the biological functions at optimal level for a long time. But hardly such a story could had been made in the animated series. Now, it could be interesting to see. And even if in the comics SUperman and Lashina never had the biggest interaction, he did had interaction with another new goddess.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Did Lashina have a thing with Kal in "Legacy" or something and I just forgot?

I thought he seemed to have something of a relationship with Barda in the JLU episode, which I've seen duplicated in comics like "The Dark Side" I suppose... Was that also Lashina and I'm misremembering? I feel like this picture is gaslighting me, hahaha!
    There’s a scene where Clark and Lashina talk on a bed that heavily implies the two had sex.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Somebody explain then Granny Goddness then, please!!
    Easy! the plot said she looks old. :P
    I think than Kryptonian biology plus New god biology can extend the biological functions at optimal level for a long time. But hardly such a story could had been made in the animated series. Now, it could be interesting to see. And even if in the comics SUperman and Lashina never had the biggest interaction, he did had interaction with another new goddess.
    Well part of what makes the plot so... thought provoking is the idea of the kid being raised by his mother... on Apokalips.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-14-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s a scene where Clark and Lashina talk on a bed that heavily implies the two had sex.
    So "yes" then, Kal and Lashina had a thing in "Legacy" and I just forgot! haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."