Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Reading how the e counter is treated I wouldn't be surprised to see Artemis and Cass on the next scene still waiting for Yara

Incredible Member

Wow, was that a packed issue!

I dug it, though. Her training montages were gorgeous to look at and I look the scene of Jerry comforting Yara. I like her mother's back story, as it links Yara directly to an OG Amazon. I also appreciate that Aella and Yara were given refuge by a group of fierce, Native warriors.

Now this is the kinda issue we need if Wonder Girls gonna be a monthly series. With momentum like this we can probably expect her to properly assume her mantle in time for the Wonder crossover.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wow that was quick, it was like one of those condensed versions of a classic story I read as a kid. There was a lot to process but I don't have time right now, have to get to work. It was amazing though, Joelle Jones is a goddess!
    it does feel very condensed. that training montage could've been an entire arc lol. But this issue is weird because it feels like a sudden timeskip/there's an issue in between missing but the pacing still feels great.

maybe its just the gap from the delay
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

The art on WW is stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Being dumb is a personality and is Yara's

You have to love her
    Dumb and hot-headed but she's still fun to read.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Unfortunately I didn't find the story as packed. It seemed all over the place with the buildup of the confrontation between Artemis, Cassie and Yara being...."I'm watching you."....They ran across the world at the request of the Queens of the Amazons for...I'm watching you?

I had many times wish that DC would have put as much effort into it's existing characters of Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark as they have Yara Flor. Likewise, I just do not understand the appeal of her character...her costume is overly complicated, she appears to be dumb as a rock and boring. I'm honestly trying to get the character....It's just not happening.

Edited to add...at least is a beautiful book to look at.

BANNED

Does anyone know how well this series is selling? I tried looking for the data at my usual cite but couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Does anyone know how well this series is selling? I tried looking for the data at my usual cite but couldn't find anything.
    pretty much impossible to tell
    DC focuses alot more on digital than it used to. Diamond sales numbers are no longer reliable. And Comixolgy no longer tracks books by 'most sold per day' like it used to do. For all we know it could be anywhere from within the top five to bottom of the rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    pretty much impossible to tell
    DC focuses alot more on digital than it used to. Diamond sales numbers are no longer reliable. And Comixolgy no longer tracks books by 'most sold per day' like it used to do. For all we know it could be anywhere from within the top five to bottom of the rung.
    I thought I read here that it was selling BETTER than Wonder Woman's book, was that just my imagination?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I thought I read here that it was selling BETTER than Wonder Woman's book, was that just my imagination?
    Issue 1 sold around 50k I think? Which isnt really that surprising to me, she's a shiny new character that got a lot of push and has a brand new series. WW always has a hard time selling after her beginning phases and return to legacy numberings. But time will tell if Yara can keep it up. When Supergirl was first reintroduced into comics I believe she was raking in 100k at the beginning of her run.

Incredible Member

According to a post by LAWtoyoto 432 LAWtoyoto 432 in the DC Comics forum, this link has the sales.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-08.html

Here are the highlight for the non-Batbooks sales:
    29. Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular - 54,000
    37. Justice League#66 - 48,000
    39. Infinite Frontier#4 - 47,000
    46. Infinite Frontier#5 - 44,000
    49. Wonder Girl#3 - 43,000
    56. Superman Son of Kal-El#2 - 40,000
    69. Superman and the Authority#2 - 35,000
    77. Swamp Thing#6 - 33,000
    80. Green Lantern #5 - 32,000
    81. Wonder Woman#777 - 32,000
    82. The Flash#773 - 32,000
    89. Wonder Woman#778 - 31,000
    95. Suicide Squad #6 - 29,000
    96. Action Comics#1034 - 29,000
    98. Teen Titans Academy#6 - 29,000
    100. Supergirl :Woman of Tomorrow#3 - 28,000
    119, Shazam#2 - 23,000

Again posted from the DC Comics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't find the story as packed. It seemed all over the place with the buildup of the confrontation between Artemis, Cassie and Yara being...."I'm watching you."....They ran across the world at the request of the Queens of the Amazons for...I'm watching you?

I had many times wish that DC would have put as much effort into it's existing characters of Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark as they have Yara Flor. Likewise, I just do not understand the appeal of her character...her costume is overly complicated, she appears to be dumb as a rock and boring. I'm honestly trying to get the character....It's just not happening.

Edited to add...at least is a beautiful book to look at.
    Yeah, I've given this four issues so far, along with Yara's FS stuff (aside from Superman/Wonder Woman), and there's just not enough here for me to continue reading. Seems just lot of still riding off the hype of her announcement and the canned CW show.

I also don't get the costume either.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-30-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Yeah I will continue reading because of Trial of the Amazons, but it is the only reason not to leave it now. But who knows, maybe it will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I've given this four issues so far, along with Yara's FS stuff (aside from Superman/Wonder Woman), and there's just not enough here for me to continue reading. Seems just lot of still riding off the hype of her announcement and the canned CW show.

I also don't get the costume either.

You don't have to read it but PLEASE keep buying it. We all have to, this is for Wonder Woman's brand. It's unprecidented that we have 4 books under her umbrella and a massive amount of push, the powers that be have to be shown she's worth all the effort.

You don't have to read it but PLEASE keep buying it. We all have to, this is for Wonder Woman's brand. It's unprecidented that we have 4 books under her umbrella and a massive amount of push, the powers that be have to be shown she's worth all the effort.
    Hey, I broke my rule and bought the variants for Historia #1. I'm doing my part.